Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2005 5:46:25 PM EDT
Costco has a $20 off coupon for the Deadwood boxset, which will bring it down to $40. Is this show badass? How does it compare to say 'Tombstone' or other sweet western movies?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:49:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd be interested in the answer to this too ... Looked kinda neat but I'd rather not waste the cash if it sucks.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:04:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes it is that badass.  Get it.  It ranks right up there with the Band of Brothers box set.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:06:50 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Costco has a $20 off coupon for the Deadwood boxset, which will bring it down to $40. Is this show badass? How does it compare to say 'Tombstone' or other sweet western movies?

I love Deadwood.
Wife hates it.

It is supposed to be fairly historically accurate.
In setting, props, dialect, etc.

Some of their talk can be hard to understand, because it is much more
wordy than todays'.

Lots of cussing/swearing.  Lots of violence.  But all of it is pretty good.

Kind of like Tombstone meets Sopranos

$40...    Ought to see if you can rent them.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:12:10 PM EDT
[#4]
The overall show was decent but hearing the F-word every 3 seconds started to get annoying for some reason, there used to be some website that counted how many times it was used every episode Swearing doesn't bother me at all but it was irritating for some reason in that show.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:15:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The overall show was decent but hearing the F-word every 3 seconds started to get annoying for some reason, there used to be some website that counted how many times it was used every episode Swearing doesn't bother me at all but it was irritating for some reason in that show.

Yea, but Woo calling everyone a cocksucker makes me laugh.

California Cocksucker!

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:19:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I think Deadwood is up to your taste.

I love old west stuff.  I really do....Language and all

The limited (admitted) experience I have with Deadwood is just like.......

Ok...You're trying to hard.

Part of a TV series is you have to get your viewers hooked.  It seems like Deadwood is trying to shock into tow or three seasons of stright overload.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:22:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:29:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Personally, I love it.  I think the wife may be coming around to it too.  If "fuck" and "cocksucker" bother you, avoid it at all costs.  If language and violence don't bother you, you'll love it.  I can't wait for Season 2 to release.

"who?"
"Wu?"
"No, who? You fucking ignorant chink!"

I love Al!
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:20:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Considering I say 'cocksucker' about 100 times per day at work I will feel right at home watching this series.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:32:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Buy it.  If I could find it for less than 80 bucks around here I would have it in a second.  Thinking about it anyway.

I have seasons 1 and 2 on my computer... had trouble watching the very first episode... after that, i was hooked and would watch 2-3 hours a time.
Top Top