Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2005 1:56:01 AM EDT
WOW.

Been watching since the beginning with my wife.  She got me hooked during on it and it's been our Sunday night thing for 5 years.

I can't believe it's over, and last night was just incredible.

I'm still speechless.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 2:04:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Let me guess....someone died?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:09:08 AM EDT
[#2]
SPOILER>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I was sad when the Claire character died, but she was - what? - almost 100 years old? I've had a whopping crush on her from the beginning.

Was Brenda's/Nate's flash-ahead child retarded or Downs? In the glimpse we had of her at about age 4 she sure looked like it.

Good ending to a good show - I'll miss it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:39:47 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Let me guess....someone died?

Everyone died! It kinda makes sense in a program that starts with death, that it would end up the same way.
I dozed off near the begining and had to catch the second running several hours later.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:16:40 AM EDT
[#4]
I really like how they ended the series...I didn't notice the kid though. I liked how the father was standing there smoking in the hospital room when the mom died. The series got a little odd there near the end, but it ended well.

Yeah, Claire is a hottie.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:24:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Didn't notice the child.

I loved the way it ended. We've been watching it since the first episode.

Keith's death was sad, but I liked seeing the son become part of Fisher and Sons.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:45:58 AM EDT
[#6]
where can I find a more in-depth synopsis? I dont have HBO.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:19:50 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
where can I find a more in-depth synopsis? I dont have HBO.

+1. I stopped watching about a year ago, but I'd really like to read about how the ending went down.

Everyone died? Do you mean they showed everyone's death spanned out over the years as they happened, or was there some mass casualty thing, or what?

Edit:

S P O I L E R S

I got this synopsis online for those that didn'y have the chance to see the finale.

Ruth gets to finally get on her own, and lives, the life she always should of had. Basically turning into her sister, she spends the final 20 years of her life, finally learning about all the amazing things that life, time, nature, and the world have to offer. Her character could now breakaway from all the ties that also stopper her from experiencing the world. She came a long way from the stepford wife to where she ended up. And althought we all know that she loved Nathaniel and he lover her, this is the first time she got to be herself.

Keith and David, finally get to become the family that they so desperatly wanted to be. They take over the fisher home and business and keep it running for many more years, finally leaving the buisness to their adopted sons after they become to old. And eventhough they really changed the fisher hosue (the kitchen its 1960\'s green anymore!) you can still feel the history literally bleeding off the ways. And their wedding day shows that they finally got what they have been spending years trying to get: societies acceptance. But the premature deaht of Keith in 2029, is a shock, but atleast he got 60 really good years, and got to see his boys grow up. And David although he passes surrounded by family, you all know that his heart couldn\'t take being without Keith anymore, and he died of a broken heart in the 2040s.

Rico, finally gets his dream of owning his own business, and his family is set up for life. He passes in his late sixties of a stroke on a cruise, which is a rather ironic thing considering what his character has been through. I never really cared for Rico, and I\'m glad that for the most part him and Fishers seperated themselves.

Brenda. Brenda has alwasy been the weirdiest character on the show. And watching her girls grow up you keep thinking \"those girsl are going to be f*cked up!\" but the amazing thing is that they grow up to be well adjusted girls. And she also got her sanity back when she was able to say goodbye to Nate in the dream where Nate and Nathaniel come to see Willa and nate hands Willa to her and says \"everything will be fine\" and they kiss. She dies in the 2060s with Billy talking, just keeling over finally not being able to take Billy anymore. Hopefully she was able to find peace with her spirituality.

And Claire, who would have guessed that the seires would have ended with her becoming the main character. After her tearful departure in 2005, she moves to new york and becomes what seems like a success in New York only returning for her brother\'s wedding, and her mother\'s funeral. But it is when she finds Ted and her mother\'s funeral that it seems she is finally able to let her guard down and love another man (eventhough she never allowed herself to do that with the passing of her father and brother). After her mother dies, she becomes the Matriarch that held her family together. It is very sweet and fitting that she dies in her own bed surrouned by her photographs and loved well into her 100s.

So that is how \"Six Feet Under\" ends. When the show premiered in 2001, it was a breath of fresh air in the television world, that could have cared less about what the oustide world thought about it. And it was that attitude that has got it nominated year after year for every emmy and golden globe. But its uniqueness is a double edged sword considering, the show has yet to win... but with an episode like this one, it shows what a shame that really is. \"Six Feet Under\" came as a breath of freshair, and becomes of the way it frankly deals with death, life, and the way people live their lives, if only in textbooks and the internet, the show will live on for years.

Six Feet Under
2001-2005
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:25:00 AM EDT
[#8]

Everyone died? Do you mean they showed everyone's death spanned out over the years as they happened, or was there some mass casualty thing, or what?

Everyone's deaths spanned out over the years.  Claire died at 102 ( 1983 - 2085 ).

Good episode.  I liked how when everyone died, they were greeted by a loved one.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:49:23 AM EDT
[#9]
The ending was fairly predictable, although I had thought that the show would end with Ruth killing herself because she couldn't take it anymore.

Did anyone happen to notice while the ending was winding up at a wedding (I think), with a bunch of family members sitting in chairs, that one of the adapted son's (bald one,Derrell?) was sitting there holding hands with a gay asian man? Guess he came full circle, huh?

The most fucked up thing in that whole series was Billy and Brenda's relationship. If they were my family members, they would have been dealt with long ago.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 2:24:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Excellent ending. I will miss it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:28:03 PM EDT
[#11]
I liked the ending. I will miss Six Feet Under.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:38:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Yep, I hate to see it go. I am getting ready to watch the re-run in a few minutes.

Bob
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:03:40 PM EDT
[#13]
I think it was the best ending of a series that I watched.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:08:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:22:38 PM EDT
[#15]
The Mrs. and I watched since the first episode and love it.  I really liked the ending.  I wasn't sure how it would pan out with so many irons in the fire, but they pulled it off very well.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:25:28 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I think it was the best ending of a series that I watched.

+1

Bob
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:36:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Thought it started out too good, then focused way too much on the homosexual garbage.  Like the director was promoting the agenda.  One episode had near xxx homo action going, that killed the series for me.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:50:48 PM EDT
[#18]
tagged for when I get home to watch the show....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top