Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2005 8:29:56 AM EDT
A sign just went up a few days ago at our old Home Depot Location. How does this place compare to Bass Pro or Cabelas? Do they have good prices? We have needed a place like this around here. (Chattanooga, Tennessee)

Thanks

AccurateOne
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:46:25 AM EDT
[#1]
I love Sportsman's Warehouse. The prices are MUCH better than Cabelas and the selection is nearly as good.

They carry AR-15s and a lot of handguns.
I also buy a lot or reloading components there.
They have tons of camping equipment, knives, clothing and fishing stuff.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:56:04 AM EDT
[#2]
If yours is anything like the ones in Denver you WILL like it. Lots of guns on display, everything for camping, hunting, fishing. The ones in Denver stock multiple brands of powder in 8 lb. kegs at reasonable prices (if you reload). I just bought a 8 pounders of Winchester 231 and Hodgdons Clays. One was a little less expensive and one was a little more expensive than I would have paid mail order and that doesn't include the mail order Haz Mat fees and shipping. Obviously they have 1 lb. jars too, but the larger sizes are less common.

The wall of pistols at the Aurora (Denver) store is as high as a man can reach and about 12 to 15 feet wide. Pistols are hung for display on long hooks so there are often 2 or 3 pistols in each position. The guys behind the counter were eager to pull down anything you wanted to fondle.

They are supposed to be building one here in Colorado Springs. I can't wait.

Vic out.

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:00:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Sportsmans is a really bad place to go.  Trust me.  Leave your wallet a CC's at home.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:18:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I just found them and really like it.  They way I described it my wife is that they're smaller than Cabela's and BP, but they just stock the cool guy stuff.  

R.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:28:57 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

They are supposed to be building one here in Colorado Springs. I can't wait.

www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/stores/co/colorado_springs.htm

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:24:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the link.  That is one interesting store!

I noticed on their store locater map that some of the states without stortes are a lighter  shade than others.  Do you know if these are states with planned stores?  New Hampshire is one of them.  Sure would be nice to have one there.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:29:10 AM EDT
[#7]
There's one less than a mile from where I work, less than a mile from where I live.  I love it.  Lots of guns and reloading gear and supplies.

Basically, it's like an Academy on steroids, but if it's not hunting, shooting, camping or fishing, they don't have it.  (but that's a good thing!)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top