Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2005 7:03:19 PM EDT
Can I get a Crate Hemi 5.7L V8 with Multi-displacment system?

P.S. Please leave in general forum.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:31:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I dont see anything metioning the multi-displacement system on the page in the moper performance catalog. http://www.mopar.com/muscle/whatshot1002.htm .
Out of curiosity, why the multi-displacement?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:14:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Y?
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:26:57 AM EDT
[#3]
The crate hemi's are carbed. You could however get a drop out hemi from a truck or 300c. Get the new Painless engine managment system for same, and get your multi displacment 5.7 hemi. When the drop outs become more reasonable, I am thinking of doing that. With 500,000 hemi's sold so far, it should be long before they are sub 2k engines with less than 5k miles on them. Right now they are around 4-5k with all the engine management stuff on it and transmission.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:54:21 AM EDT
[#4]
It seems that you can if youknow the right folks....American Expeditionary Vehicles does the 5.7 liter HEMI conversion for the Jeep Wrangler and Rubicon, though they specifically delete the MDS because the Wrangler is almost too light for the motor so it wouldn't kick in for that and other reasons.  But if THEY delete it then someone must be able to get it.....

what do you want to put the HEMI in?

eta: Link to AEV
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top