Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2005 5:56:50 PM EDT
Need some advice on removing a scuff/scratch from a $4000 high gloss cherry dining room table.  

Sent a couple of my guys to do some drywall repairs for a lady. As typical, the drywall turned out flawless.  The downside is that they scratched the table.  They swear all they did was wipe some light dust off with a wet rag, followed by a dry rag.  I'm thinking one of the guys probably used a shop vac on the table to create the scuff.  I have not seen it myself, but they say it is very faint.  You supposedly can't feel it, and can only see it from one direction when the natural lighting is coming from outside.

Any advice?

Thanks!  
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:00:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:00:50 PM EDT
[#2]
You can buy color matched scratch filler at most high end furniture stores. Works good. Of course if it real lite, use a crayon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top