Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2005 5:22:35 AM EDT
Not like, at home, but when they go out.  

A good portion of a woman's true beauty is marked by her hair as you all know, so why do some choose rather than to leave it down and flowy, to put it up - trading it for a 'nice' view of the forehead instead?

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:26:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Right off the top of my head, I can think of  a couple.    

vmax84
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:26:46 AM EDT
[#2]
to keep it out of our eyes so we can see.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:29:54 AM EDT
[#3]
So long as it looks good I don't care.

I like any hair (short, long, up or down) pretty much so long as it looks good on the woman.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:32:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Seems like an easy way to deal with a bad hair day.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:34:35 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

and out of our mouth so we can eat

and if you MUST go around with the car windows down...the hair tickles my face and i cant STAND it--even when its back the lil hairs on the sides escape and tickle me--ACK--just turn on the freaking AC and leave me alone

sorry, rant off--its early and that annoys the f*&k outta me
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:34:54 AM EDT
[#6]
So they don't have to wash it.
Cuz it isn't cooperating that day.
It's too hot.
etc;
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:37:57 AM EDT
[#7]

ah, so it is a response for functionality
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:42:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Duh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So they can put it back down when they get home and turn us guys on!

BTW, it works like a charm on me.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:44:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Probably to keep the hair off their face.

Hair has lots of oil in it and causes zits

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:44:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Variety is the spice of life.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:56:54 AM EDT
[#11]
To keep it out of eyes

To keep it out of mouth

To keep it from getting tangled in machines (Lathes (my wifes hobby), Tablesaws, etc)

To keep it from blowing into fresh paint while painting (my wife still has white barn paint in part of her hair)

Actually, when I see my wife and daughter with all the problems they are always fighting, I think if I where them I would say screw it and go for the buzz cut.....

Dan
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:15:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:17:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Actually, when I see my wife and daughter with all the problems they are always fighting, I think if I where them I would say screw it and go for the buzz cut.....

Dan

You know id love to comment on why women pull their hair back, but i think thats been covered....hehe

Dan made me think about women with short hair???? Why is it some women can pull that off and look fine and others it looks sooo bad?

Is it the neckline ? is it shoulders to head
size demension ? other physical atributes?

HELtEr
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:26:17 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

You know id love to comment on why women pull their hair back, but i think thats been covered....hehe

Dan made me think about women with short hair???? Why is it some women can pull that off and look fine and others it looks sooo bad?

HELtEr

I think body size relative to the size of the head plays a huge role
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:27:42 AM EDT
[#15]
I like hair.

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:33:45 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Right off the top of my head, I can think of  a couple.    

vmax84

So can I

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:41:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Because it's HOT outside.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:43:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Girls with a ponytail and some bangs are HOT!
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:44:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Any girl can look nice with long flowy hair, but the true test of a woman's beauty is how good she looks with short hair.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:45:43 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

and if you MUST go around with the car windows down...the hair tickles my face and i cant STAND it--even when its back the lil hairs on the sides escape and tickle me--ACK--just turn on the freaking AC and leave me alone

And because you know you look sexy with a pony tail! Fess up!
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:47:54 AM EDT
[#21]
I like the way it looks.............who cares
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:49:42 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
So long as it looks good I don't care.

I like any hair (short, long, up or down) pretty much so long as it looks good on the woman.

Heh.. that can be paraphrased to:  I like good looking women.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:51:32 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Any girl can look nice with long flowy hair, but the true test of a woman's beauty is how good she looks with short hair.

absolutely!  i dont want to sound shallow, but i always give the ponytail test before i take her out a second time...
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:52:07 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

The corollary to that is "Anyone can make love to a beautiful woman, but it takes a real man to f**k a pig."
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:53:47 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Because it's HOT outside.

+1  plus its simple.  for my hair to looknice down it takes about 20 mins. of brushing & styling.  i can pull my hair back in 30 secs.  Patty
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:58:28 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Not like, at home, but when they go out.  

A good portion of a woman's true beauty is marked by her hair as you all know, so why do some choose rather than to leave it down and flowy, to put it up - trading it for a 'nice' view of the forehead instead?

I generally agree with you about hair down looking better, but then again, the beauty of a long slender  tender skinned neck is a sight worth revealing.

[drooling smiley icon] [drooling smiley icon][drooling smiley icon][drooling smiley icon]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:04:59 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The corollary to that is "Anyone can make love to a beautiful woman, but it takes a real man to f**k a pig."

you guys crack me up!  I look horrible withshort hair, but some women can pull it off [Hailey Berry].  Patty
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:05:10 AM EDT
[#28]
So the cameraman can get the money shot ... Duh.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:07:07 AM EDT
[#29]
So it doesn't tickle my thighs while I'm on my back and she's givin... well, you know. And I like to be able to see whats she's doing.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:08:50 AM EDT
[#30]
I dunno why. When my hair was long it stayed down.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:09:46 AM EDT
[#31]
Don't think of it as a pony tail.  Think of it as a handle.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:15:22 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

vmax84
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:23:29 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
you guys crack me up!  I look horrible withshort hair, but some women can pull it off [Hailey Berry].

No woman woman looks "good" with short hair - just some don't look quite as bad as others.  When in doubt, grow it out.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:24:37 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Seems like an easy way to deal with a bad hair day.

Ding Ding Ding!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hated my hair short 'cause when it looked bad...I could not pony it up and hide that fact...
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:33:45 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:37:08 AM EDT
[#36]
Well, when I was a long haired hippy looking dude, I kept mine down  90% of the time. Ya gotsta let yer freak flag fly.

Having it in my eyes, face, whatever didn't bother me after a while. I got used to it. I only pulled it back when I jumped on my motorcycle, worked with machinery, welded, or anything else similar.

I've since sold my soul to the man and cut my cosmic antennas.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:53:03 AM EDT
[#37]
When it's hot out there is no way I am wearing my hair down. Mine is really thick and just about waist length. If I'm dressing up or going out I'll wear it down. Now if you have the windows down and my hair is down,I'm not going to appreciate brushing all those snarls out.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:44:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:51:01 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:53:16 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:
i think the pull thier hair up and back and tie it to try and stretch the wrinkles out of their facial skin.

Noooo...that's why we don't wear bras.

I don't when I drive...helps when I get a little ahead of the speed limit

j/k...mostly...
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:54:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:58:35 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

HELtEr

Hot chicks look good with short hair ('cause hot chick look good with anything), and less than hot chicks cannot pull it off.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:05:39 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
So it doesn't tickle my thighs while I'm on my back and she's givin... well, you know. And I like to be able to see whats she's doing.

[Austin Powers on] Yeah, baby........yeah.......[Austin Powers off]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:13:32 AM EDT
[#44]
Cause pony tails are HAWT!

That is the true mark of beauty to me, if it looks good in a ponytail and a t-shirt,
no worries about anything else.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:49:58 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Cause pony tails are HAWT!

That is the true mark of beauty to me, if it looks good in a ponytail and a t-shirt,
no worries about anything else.

I just think it is adorable when they pull their pony tail out the back of a baseball cap.

I don't know why.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:26:40 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

beat me to it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:57:31 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And because you know you look sexy with a pony tail! Fess up!

nope

thanks for playing, we have some lovely parting gifts    
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top