Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2005 12:35:25 PM EDT
I'm going to Albuquerque, NM (Kirtland, AFB) in September for a few days and was wondering what there was to do there. I'll be busy most of the day, but need some ideas of places to go (or places to avoid).
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 12:39:29 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I'm going to Albuquerque, NM (Kirtland, AFB) in September for a few days and was wondering what there was to do there. I'll be busy most of the day, but need some ideas of places to go (or places to avoid).

nuke museaum!

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 12:39:39 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Wear this:

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 12:40:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Hookers and blow.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 12:41:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Tram car up Sandia peaks is pretty cool.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 12:46:04 PM EDT
[#5]
What's there to do?   LEAVE!

I worked at a White Sands range for a while.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 12:47:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

nuke museaum!

Where is this located?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 12:48:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
What's there to do?   LEAVE!

I worked at a White Sands range for a while.

Luckily , it's only for a week. I fly in on the 12th and leave on the 16th.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 1:02:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Things to do in Albuquerque

and repeat after me, "Thanks Google"
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 1:44:23 PM EDT
[#9]
In no particular order.............

1.   Eat at Los Cuates.
2.   Go fly fishing on the San Juan.
3.   Drive through the Jemez Mountains.  Fish while you're there.
4.   Take tram to top of Sandia Mountain.
5.   Go bow hunting for elk.
6.   Hunt doves.
7.   Go to Santa Fe and laugh at the F-tards.  (Have breakfast at Pasquales)
8.   Got kids?  Go to zoo and/or aquarium.
9.   TD's.  North.
10. Go mountain biking in foothills.

Just a quick list off the top of my head.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:38:55 PM EDT
[#10]
The nuke museum is on Kirtland AFB. Lots to do, Sandia Peak tram is cool and should be pretty chilly up there by sept, rent a car and drive up to Santa Fe or Toas.

Ron Petersons(sp) guns is close to the Base on Central & Jefferson ? Other than that stay out of the west side after dark, north and east of the base is relatively safe after dark other than drug dealers and ho's on Central.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:42:48 PM EDT
[#11]
When is the hot air balloon festival?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:27:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Hang out at the circle k and drink antifreeze?

AB
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:27:54 PM EDT
[#13]
tag
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:28:05 PM EDT
[#14]
One thing to do in Albuquerque is watch your back.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:39:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Hot air balloon festival is through the first two weekends of October.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:50:11 PM EDT
[#16]
target practice...the cops have a couple more 'copters to crack off a few rounds at!
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:40:21 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
target practice...the cops have a couple more 'copters to crack off a few rounds at!

Yea,

The BCSD, who just lost their little Hughes 500, also have a UH-1, painted black as well.   It's a vietnam hog with plenty of patches. so the sherrif can rightly claim there's bullet holes in it when it crashes from old age.

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:04:54 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
The nuke museum is on Kirtland AFB. Lots to do, Sandia Peak tram is cool and should be pretty chilly up there by sept, rent a car and drive up to Santa Fe or Toas.

Ron Petersons(sp) guns is close to the Base on Central & Jefferson ? Other than that stay out of the west side after dark, north and east of the base is relatively safe after dark other than drug dealers and ho's on Central.

The only currently open facility of the National Atomic Museum is located in Old Town, in the center of the city.   it's a science center.   The weapons, aircraft, and other cool stuff is still on the AFB, and not open for visits at this time.

They have gone PC-extreme, and will be changing the museum's name to the National Museum of Nuclear Science and History.   They are shifting from the military application of nuclear weapons to scientific applications that "benefit mankind".    Too bad, cause they had some fantastic exhibits from the cold war, including the actual casings of nuclear weapons lost over Spain, etc.

I wouldn't be surprised to see their B-52 cut up for scrap in a few years, or used as a training aid for the base fire dept.

Do the tram, pretty impressive, but bring a jacket cause it's 40+ degrees colder on the top than at the base.

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:09:28 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

AB

Hey now,

I'll have you know the new mexican rednecks have outgrown such childish behaviors.

They now hang out at the circle k and snort coke.

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:37:23 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

AB

Hey now,

I'll have you know the new mexican rednecks have outgrown such childish behaviors.

They now hang out at the circle k and snort coke.

I stand corrected.

AB
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:38:42 AM EDT
[#21]
The best hamburger I ever had was a green chile cheese burger from Blakes Lotta-burger... A trip to Apple-turkey is not complete without a stop to the Lotta Burger.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:18:15 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

nuke museaum!

Where is this located?

www.atomicmuseum.com/tour/about.cfm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top