Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2005 8:43:49 AM EDT
ahhhhhh!!!! the JOYS of working with the public. I work in a VERY Conservative county of CA and have been pretty lucky with the customers I have had. Pro conservative values.. Once in a blue moon I will have a looney liberal. Well Thursday was the day to visit one.

This guy started talking politics but never really swayed one way or another...poretty much middle of the road... trying to lure me into a conversation about this administration and what not... then I notice our conversation (on his part) starts to drift towards the left... more and more and more each time.

He starts on the whole tirade on how this Administration is gonna declare "Martial Law" on us and throw the Constitution out the window and we will lose our rights... "After all that is how Hitler got into power"

BTW: I am sick and tired of the references these loons make with comparisons of Bush to Hitler... Assholes

Anyway when he starts with the Media and how Biased they are I decide to ask the litmus test question to seal his fate:

"What source of media do you think is fair and balanced that is NOT biased"

Get ready for this.... Ready??

He answers "The L.A. Times and CNN"

Right then I KNEW I am wasting my time talking to this guy. I think Im gonna have to add a 25.00 Liberal charge to his bill.

Amazing... simply amazing.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:45:13 AM EDT
[#1]
last I heard, Hitler was elected.  he didnt sieze power.  this moron needs to go read some books.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:46:41 AM EDT
[#2]
La times and CNN are not biased.
....as much as they want to be
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:47:08 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
last I heard, Hitler was elected.  he didnt sieze power.  this moron needs to go read some books.

Oh yeah, thats the other thing... He is a History Teacher. This is what is teaching our kids folks.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:48:50 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh yeah, thats the other thing... He is a History Teacher. This is what is teaching our kids folks.

<scratches down another reason not to have kids>
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:51:13 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

YIKES!

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:51:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Not a history teacher but a hystery teacher.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:53:00 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Something tells me this thread is gonna turn right at yours and my post. (Not in an argument but a topic change)

Kids are great and I think they are awesome... just dont send them to public school. Homeschool and you will be fine. I think if parents are proactive and watch what their kids are learning... I see that more and more parents are getting involved and that is a good thing.

TRH... I dont know how old are you but when I was in my 20's I didnt want kids either.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:53:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:55:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Not Even in the darkest days of the Clinton admin did the run of the mill rabid conservative routinely compare Clinton to Hitler or Stalin.

Where does the self-designated "Party of Tolerance" (POT for short) come up with so much hate?

ETA:  "Not"

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:58:46 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Like we needed another reason.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:58:50 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Something tells me this thread is gonna turn right at yours and my post. (Not in an argument but a topic change)

oops, my hijack fu strikes again
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:59:28 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Even in the darkest days of the Clinton admin did the run of the mill rabid conservative routinely compare Clinton to Hitler or Stalin.

Where does the self-designated "Party of Tolerance" (POT for short) come up with so much hate?

Well, keep losing elections and you will start to get ANGRY. The funny thing is they dont see it. The more they lose the more they say ... "Duhhhhh gee maybe we need to move MORE to the left!!"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top