Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2005 2:57:07 PM EDT
I don't know if any of you buy into it or not, put theres a supposed phenomina called EVP, or Electronic Voice Phenomina, you may have heared of it anyway the theory is if you use an audio recorder in a quite room and some background noise, or a digital recorder and no background noise, you can pick up ghosts, well I found an interesting one supposedly this was recorded in an empty room, in an abandoned building, supposedly a former insane assylum the building has been empty, and theres been no running water there for about 20 years, and the recorder picked up this:

www.ghostpix.com/march5evp/drowning.wav

listen to it to see what you hear then scroll down to what most seem to hear
(Rough Translation) (Kid) Help me, can’t breathe, I couldn’t breathe” (Deep mans voice) Murder (kid) I can’t breathe (very low mans voice) I couldn’t breathe (Kids voice continues, not sure what is being said) (womans voice) I couldn’t breathe (just after this you will hear water thrashing around for about 15-20 seconds followed by a big thud, drip, drip, And then silence again. (This was recorded in an empty room, so nothing should have recorded.), then it plays back some of the sounds if you missed them the first time heres another version thats been cleaned up some:

www.putfile.com/media.php?n=drowningfixed

This is unusualy clear for an EVP, but I'm not sure I want to call BS yet as for the validity of EVP's i'm skeptical, but I figured this might be interesting here is a thread on another forum about it:

www.tapsforums.com/index.php?topic=19951.0
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:58:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I saw the movie even.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:59:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm not sure about the EVP myself.  How about we start a fund drive for you and you can carry out the experiments and report?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:00:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I saw the movie even.

And it was AWESOME! Best $10.25 EVER spent!

Yup.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:12:46 PM EDT
[#4]
It keep cutting out.

That was a waste of time.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:19:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top