Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2005 5:04:12 AM EDT
I checked my mail on the server using Mailwasher, and I had two warnings from "Ebay" stating there had been 3 attempts in Romania to login to my account. Each of the 2 warnings had a different sender. They said I had to contact...etc....etc. or my account would be closed- no big deal, rarely use it.
Sounds fishy to me. I didn't bring the files onto my computer and forward them to Ebay, just whacked them out on the server using Mailwasher delete.
Anybody else getting these warnings, or are the "Romanians" just picking on me?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:08:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Never contact Ebay through those direct links from emails.  They're all scams.  Go to Ebay's website and log on there.  If there's any problems with your account, they'll tell you then.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:09:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:09:53 AM EDT
[#3]
this your first week on the internet?

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:11:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Does the email say "dear ebay member" or does it say "dear <insert name here>? If it says ebay member it is spam email. Ebay always directs there emails with your name in it.
More then likely it is a scam email, there are plenty going around, I get them myself, and I don't have an ebay account on that email addie.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:12:00 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
this your first week on the internet?

Sgatr15

I INVENTED the internet. Ooops. Now you know what happened to Al Gore?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:31:47 AM EDT
[#6]
I get Ebay and Paypal  fake emails all the time Just send it to SPOOF@EBAY  OR PAYPAL and they will look into it.. Works for me.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:39:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:54:52 AM EDT
[#8]
I copy and paste the email address and send them dummy information back.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:55:48 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I get Ebay ..........fake emails all the time Just send it to SPOOF@EBAY ........and they will look into it.. Works for me.  

+1

Don't be too hard on this guy that he must be "new to the internet?."
I've been with Ebay for 4 years now and only recently started receiving my first scam letters . Mine look to have originated from Korea, where Ebay can't as easilly nab the SOB's.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:35:59 AM EDT
[#10]
if you get fishy emails about paypal or ebay put your mouse pointer over the add for them and see if it shows up as paypal or ebay if it is a fake it will show a diff add.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:39:11 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I get Ebay ..........fake emails all the time Just send it to SPOOF@EBAY ........and they will look into it.. Works for me.  

+1

Don't be too hard on this guy that he must be "new to the internet?."
I've been with Ebay for 4 years now and only recently started receiving my first scam letters . Mine look to have originated from Korea, where Ebay can't as easilly nab the SOB's.

I have gotten spoofs for 2 years, for both ebay and paypal.  Send it to ebay.  They will add him to their list.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top