Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2005 8:02:52 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:07:05 AM EDT
[#1]
We have a MasterBait shop here also.

The gas thing is just stupid and a great way to rip off custoimers unless I am missing something.

SGat1r5
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:10:50 AM EDT
[#2]
You should post over in the KS & NE hometown. Ive heard of the MasterBait. Lol, I can imagine
what customers ask if he sells

Yeah, we KSians dont really know what real rush hour gridlock traffic is like. Stereotypes are
KS drivers dont know where they're going and drive to slow and to defensive. KC is a bistate
city do the rivalries in collage sport abound.

Never thought Id settle down here, but you know, its pretty comfortable.....

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:14:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah and Lawrence is full of hippies.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:01:09 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
In Kincaid, Kansas you can get bait and liquor at the same store... The name of the store???

Masterbait and Liquor I shit you not.

He's NOT kidding!!

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:21:42 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Yeah, we KSians dont really know what real rush hour gridlock traffic is like. Stereotypes are
KS drivers dont know where they're going and drive to slow and to defensive. KC is a bistate

Grew up in KC area, and I've been in LA rush-hour traffic.

LA was less stressful, possibly because the people there know that if they make some stupid move on the highway (such as occupying the left lane and not moving over) they may get shot.

I'd rather be on the 105 in LA at 5pm than the south stretch of 435, 470, or 35 in KC at the same time.

Jim
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:41:47 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Grew up in KC area, and I've been in LA rush-hour traffic.

LA was less stressful, possibly because the people there know that if they make some stupid move on the highway (such as occupying the left lane and not moving over) they may get shot.

I'd rather be on the 105 in LA at 5pm than the south stretch of 435, 470, or 35 in KC at the same time.

Jim

Never been in LA rush hour, but +1 on being some place else.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:43:46 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Kansas is not as flat as you think.

You can get gas in 5 grades all at one pump.  
88 Regular
89 xtra regular
90 xtra xtra regular
91 Super
92 Super Duper

In Kincaid, Kansas you can get bait and liquor at the same store... The name of the store???

In Kansas City you can have a major metro area without 24 hour gridlock.

You can in fact get a Hertz "Neverlost" system lost...In fact very lost.  Especially when the exit you want is closed for construction.  I wish I could d/l the track I made in that car. It would be funny as hell.

My favorite quote from that POS after it had me turn into a residential neighborhood that I thought no way and hell this can be right.

"Please make your next available safe U-turn"

Yes, it is flat.  It just has some hills.  The overall landscape is flat as the lowest part of Kansas is like 400feet or some shit like that and Mt. Sunflower is like 4500ft.  One of the lowest sloping states in the Nation.  

Where did you find all 5 types of gas in one pump?  The most around where I live is 4.
1.  Unleaded 87
2.  Super 89
3.  Premium 91
4.  Diesel

And just about any lake you go to, will sell bait and liquor.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:29:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:30:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:32:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Kansas is cool. I like it there...
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:42:54 PM EDT
[#11]
When I even HEAR the name "Kansas" I start to go into facial tics and my stress level rises to heightened proportions. I drove through Kansas.... flat...... boring...... Kansas.

I think I passed the same barn 46 times. They all look the same. I made my friend drive all the way through as I slept... I REFUSE to drive the 70 through THAT place again. As far as I am concerned... ALL spiders should go to Kansas and STAY there.

Boring..... and Flat.... Flat and Boring!!!

Did I say it was fucking BORING???

Other than that its P-A-R-A-D-I-S-E!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:46:58 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where did you find all 5 types of gas in one pump?  The most around where I live is 4.

I will look at my receipt tomorrow.

tag and yes, Kansas is boring.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:50:13 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
When I even HEAR the name "Kansas" I start to go into facial tics and my stress level rises to heightened proportions. I drove through Kansas.... flat...... boring...... Kansas.

I think I passed the same barn 46 times. They all look the same. I made my friend drive all the way through as I slept... I REFUSE to drive the 70 through THAT place again. As far as I am concerned... ALL spiders should go to Kansas and STAY there.

That's the problem.  You drove through.  I-70 or I-35?  I-70 is the real bore.  They didn't pass it through towns at all, they just plowed on through back fields for the most part.

I'm not saying the majority of rural Kansas is a terribly fun place to be, but there are plenty of places in Kansas that are far more beautiful than any of the Highway Tourist fields you see on the way through.

Jim
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:51:08 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

tag and yes, Kansas is boring.

Yeah but you're from Missouri.  That's like, almost Arkansas.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:00:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:14:37 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I take it you never drove I80 through Nebraska have you
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:17:51 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Did you find Toto, or is he not there anymore, either?

The Wisconsin kids on a High School era trip of mine were teasing us Kansas kids about growing up on a farm and riding horses to school.  They were puzzled when I explained that I grew up in a city with a population of about two million people, and had seen cows and horses on a couple of occasions when driving through the country and on field trips.

That was Wisconsin kids teasing us.  WTF?  The Wizard of Oz was shot on a Hollywood set.  Go make fun of California.

Jim
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:20:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:27:52 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Hey man, don't feel bad.  Everyone thinks that we Texans all have cows for pets, wear 10 gallon hats all the time, and wear spurs to bed.  And you're bitching about a DOG?!?!?  

MMMMM girls that wear spurs to bed!!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:29:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Elevation dictates what octane levels are available.  Higher altitudes require less octane because of lower atmospheric pressure reduces maximum cylinder pressure.

Since most of KS is well within Clean Air Act pollutant levels, the need for oxygenates is minimal and this allows better freedom in the marketing.  The central location means many different refineries can sell their products there and because of the surrounding regional requirements, many different blends can be had, it just depends on price and availability.  

In reality, only two grades come from the refinery though the pipelines,  87 and 91 octane.  At the terminal where the tankers are filled, gasoline is blended to the desired octane and many times, additional components are added to boost detergent, octane or oxygenates.

That is how you get octanes over 91 and in between.  89 octane is a 50/50 blend of 87 and 91.  93 is 91 pipeline grade with octane boost, usually MTBE.    
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:20:42 AM EDT
[#21]
skip ...dbl post
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:21:41 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:Did you find Toto, or is he not there anymore, either?

I run into ToTo the 3rd from time to time. He's taken to hanging out at the Pink Garter smoking Cigundos and sippin rye. Just goes on and one about his babe Judy. Sad, but he's seems ok with his scene. Buys round for the house every night. Someone told him IBM for his earnings.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:55:33 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Did you find Toto, or is he not there anymore, either?

The Wisconsin kids on a High School era trip of mine were teasing us Kansas kids about growing up on a farm and riding horses to school.  They were puzzled when I explained that I grew up in a city with a population of about two million people, and had seen cows and horses on a couple of occasions when driving through the country and on field trips.

That was Wisconsin kids teasing us.  WTF?  The Wizard of Oz was shot on a Hollywood set.  Go make fun of California.

Jim

Hey man, don't feel bad.  Everyone thinks that we Texans all have cows for pets, wear 10 gallon hats all the time, and wear spurs to bed.  And you're bitching about a DOG?!?!?  

isn't that true?!
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:00:09 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

MMMMM girls that wear spurs to bed!!

Oh the stories I could tell.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:14:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Auntie Em,

Hate you.  Hate Kansas.  Taking the dog.

Dorothy.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:24:56 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I don't really consider Kansas City to be a major metro area....
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:30:01 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
We have a MasterBait shop here also.
SGat1r5

If you shop there does it make you a Masterbaiter?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:38:29 AM EDT
[#28]
Dayton Ohio.

"Needmore Beer Drive-thru" which is right behind the "Need 1 More Bar".

On Needmore Road near I-75

- CD
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:43:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Yup Nebraska and Kansas 2 states I bypass if I'd ever have to drive out that way again. To me Kansas was the worst though. 100's of miles and looking like you went nowhere.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:02:56 AM EDT
[#30]
The good thing about driving through Kansas is that, if your front-end is aligned properly, you can set cruise control and take a nap. You won't miss a thing...
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:08:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Add to the list:

You can pay more taxes than you ever thought possible if you live in Kans-ass but work in Misery.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:10:27 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Yup Nebraska and Kansas 2 states I bypass if I'd ever have to drive out that way again. To me Kansas was the worst though. 100's of miles and looking like you went nowhere.

Them pheasants they got up there sure are tasty, though.  Do some serious pheasant hunting (not the farm-raised guided bullshit) and you'll be glad KS and NE are as flat as they are.  Wheat stubble gets hard to walk through after about 10 miles.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:13:43 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Kansas is not as flat as you think.

You can get gas in 5 grades all at one pump.  
88 Regular
89 xtra regular
90 xtra xtra regular
91 Super
92 Super Duper

You can in fact get a Hertz "Neverlost" system lost...In fact very lost.  Especially when the exit you want is closed for construction.  I wish I could d/l the track I made in that car. It would be funny as hell.

My favorite quote from that POS after it had me turn into a residential neighborhood that I thought no way and hell this can be right.

"Please make your next available safe U-turn"

1GR, I'm disturbed that you got a rental with a navigation system, for God's sake.  Why?

They have Yahoo maps and Google Maps, and stores that sell maps!

If my family ever wants to rent a Ford, they go to Budget, where it's cheaper!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top