Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2005 10:50:50 AM EDT
Tony Bourdain's new show on the Travel Channel is great.  The first episode, Why The French Don't Suck, should be required viewing.

Tony just has a great personality.  I'd love to sit down and have a cocktail and smoke with him.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:35:02 AM EDT
[#1]
You should read his books, they are pretty good. 'specially the one about his life and how he became a cook.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:36:20 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You should read his books, they are pretty good. 'specially the one about his life and how he became a cook.

Getting ready to go get Kitchen Confidential from the library.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:43:54 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Tony Bourdain's new show on the Travel Channel is great.  The first episode, Why The French Don't Suck, should be required viewing.

Tony just has a great personality.  I'd love to sit down and have a cocktail and smoke with him.

Funny guy. The show confirmed for my why the French are pussies and hence, suck, but the show was still fun. Wish they'd cut back on the theater and the "oooh I 'm hallucinating" and just let Tony talk.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:45:17 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Wish they'd cut back on the theater and the "oooh I 'm hallucinating" and just let Tony talk.

I can deal with a little theatrical BS.  Show was a lot like A Cook's Tour though.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:52:28 AM EDT
[#5]
He's my favorite 'celebrity chef' from the Food Channel.  Haven't seen any episodes (A Cooks Tour) in some time (my TV life is reduced to Food Network ).  He seems like a down to earth and genuine person.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:00:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
He's my favorite 'celebrity chef' from the Food Channel.  Haven't seen any episodes (A Cooks Tour) in some time (my TV life is reduced to Food Network ).  He seems like a down to earth and genuine person.

A Cook's Tour comes on Food Network at 4AM on Tuesday or Wednesday mornings.

I've got the first two seasons in DIVX format if you'd like them.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:06:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I met him at his book signing last year.  Cool guy, no-nonsense.  He openly called Emile an "ewok"
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 12:11:48 PM EDT
[#8]
That guy bugs the tar out of me. Even the commercials for the No Reservations show bugs me.

Buuuuuut, I happened to tune past it one night and watched the show he had from Finland (I think it was)... Wasn't half bad.

PS he strikes me as a little... uh...
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 2:22:22 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Getting ready to go get Kitchen Confidential from the library.

That's the one ! He has a..... storied and rough past.

He bashes and praises various "famous" cooks in that book... I love the shit out of the guy (w/o ever meeting him.) They sort of brought him in to fixed fucked up/failing places.
He had a nasty drug problem... That is why he's so skinny.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 2:46:48 PM EDT
[#10]
I'd like to put a popknot on ole Bobby Flay.  He is one egotistical Yankee bastard.

He used to be condescending as hell to Rachel Rey (and the other hot chick that replaced her) when they were on the same show.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:00:51 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

PS he strikes me as a little... uh...

As far as I know he's straight as a dollar bill.

He does look a little gay, but that's it.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:24:17 PM EDT
[#12]
The Cooks Tour show was good.  I think he drank too much in some of them but he always found good interesting food.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:21:22 PM EDT
[#13]
He also shot some pretty cool MGs in some asian country (don't remember right now).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top