Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2005 5:11:53 PM EDT
wonder if there was a no-knock involved at the right address?

Dog 0, Cop 1
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:23:02 PM EDT
[#1]
knowing La Port PD, I believe it, if it was next door in DeerPark it wouldn't of happened
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:26:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh yeah, I bet the investigation will find the officer used excesive force and he will be suspended for 3 months and the department will pay restitution.  Then the officer will be prosecuted for felony animal abuse, wreckless endangerment for discharge of a fire arm in city limits and............

Or not so much.

It was all their fault for living at the wrong house.  If they'd have lived at the right address the cop could have shot the dog and nobody could have complained.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:27:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:30:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Throw in a broken down Chevy and you've got a country song.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:37:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Oh yeah, I bet the investigation will find the officer used excesive force and he will be suspended for 3 months and the department will pay restitution.  Then the officer will be prosecuted for felony animal abuse, wreckless endangerment for discharge of a fire arm in city limits and............

Or not so much.

It was all their fault for living at the wrong house.  If they'd have lived at the right address the cop could have shot the dog and nobody could have complained.

so you did read the article.

txl
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:41:31 PM EDT
[#6]
 Thats fucked up shit.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:46:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Way to go.... tht kid hates cops now and for a long time coming...
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:50:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm sure glad I live on privately owned land and not in a city.

Not on that psuedo-privately owned land where you always have the policemen knocking on everyone's doors and you have to get permission from a council and your neighbors before you can do anything with the property you pay taxes on.

Metropolitan life sucks.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:50:55 PM EDT
[#9]
It's the owners fault.  They should've had their street numbver posted in clear view and this never would've happened!?    Moron...with a badge and gun, who lacks the ability to admit when he's in the wrong even though it's clear to everyone else.  Par.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:52:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:52:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Bastard . . .   That happened to a family that lives down the street, the cops responded to a house alarm, the dog was chained in the back yard, when the cop jumped the fence the dog started barking, the cop shot it in front of its child owner.    [general terms] Cops are dicks [/general terms]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:53:46 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

It's the owners fault.  They should've had their street numbver posted in clear view and this never would've happened!?   .

His DUMBASS neighbor probably played a PRANK and REARRANGED his house NUMBERS
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:57:32 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Or not so much.

so you did read the article.

txl

Why yes I did, "Dillon recalled, "The cop stopped there, and Duke looked at him, and then ran to my mom. And (the officer) shot him twice."" and "he realized he was at the wrong place. And he said he felt threatened by the dog and that I should have had an address posted on my house, and this would have never happened if he knew he was at the wrong address.""

And now there's going to be an investigation................

""We'll send an investigator out to investigate the whole matter," promised La Porte Police Chief Richard Reff."

Well it's a good thing they are sending an "investigator out to investigate" instead of procrastinator or an alligator.  I am sure it will be an impartial investigation/tor and in spite of the fact that multiple whitnesses testify that the dog was not acting aggressively the conflicting testimony from the officer will prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that the officer was innocent of any wrong doing.

The dog must have been vary aggresive after all "(Duke) used to always shake hands and do high fives, and he was always cute,"
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:57:34 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Throw in a broken down Chevy and you've got a country song.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!   LOL!!!!
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:00:12 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=29397

Yeah, this shit again.  Imagine being able to have a pet in your front yard without Johnny Law pulling up and opening fire.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:01:46 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=29397

Yeah, this shit again.  Imagine being able to have a pet in your front yard without Johnny Law pulling up and opening fire.

Yep, I'm getting REAL SICK of reading about these stories......

Keep posting them.   Maybe some day things will improve.  
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:09:02 PM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:10:51 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's the owners fault.  They should've had their street numbver posted in clear view and this never would've happened!?   .

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:11:45 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

How is that any diffrent from ARFCOM'ers?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:12:22 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:56:18 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was hoping SOMEONE would pick up on this.......
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:24:07 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How is that any diffrent from ARFCOM'ers?

The difference is, most of us don't inherantly hate cops.  Indeed we don't hat cops in general but we have grown tired of fuckup JBT's getting away with murder and a number of lessor crime due to their elavated citizenary status.

If I were to shoot my own dog regardless of his/her aggresive behavior in my front yard in front of whitnesses I'd be cooling my heels in the Madison Street Jail until the "investigator" concluded that I was innocent of commiting a crime or posted bail.

Officer where am I, well he's just facing disciplinary action if,

"IF"
the "investigator"  finds that he acted innappropriately.  That's a big fucking if when you consider the investigator belongs to the same department and probably knows the officer being investigated on a first name basis.

Go on ahead and try it.  Go shoot a dog and when the police arrive tell them that the dog was being aggresive while two or more other witnesses say otherwise..........

See who goes to jail.

Gee I wonder how your boss will react when you tell him you can't make it in because you're in jail for shooting an aggresive dog............

Yeah, boss, see I was just getting out of the car to go see this girl I had just met when this dog suddenly started acting aggressively toward me so I shot it.  Now I'm in jail pending the conclusion of the investigation.

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:35:28 PM EDT
[#23]
There have been some dogs in our family that would join in and bite me!
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:38:19 PM EDT
[#24]

Dillon recalled, "The cop stopped there, and Duke looked at him, and then ran to my mom. And (the officer) shot him twice."

Cop smells dog, dog smells bacon. Dog runs to mom, cop shoots dog. Maybe Stadank thought Duke was attacking Mom?

It coulda been worse though. They coulda had two doggies.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:45:08 PM EDT
[#25]
What is the deal with some of these pansy ass cops and their rediculous fear of dogs?
Can they not hold on to their bowels long enough to assess a situation?
Do they hear barking and just start blasting away in fear for their lives?

This is f#*$%n pathetic

What would they do if an errant tree branch tickled their rib as they passed by?

O M G

ASSESS THE THREAT!!!!

You know what, I'll tell you why they don't do it.
Because if they screw up and kill an innocent dog/child/whatever, nothing ever happens.
They get a 3 month (or whatever) paid vacation, and then they are back on the street.

Hell, I'd shoot the dog myself.

Rant over
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:45:17 PM EDT
[#26]
and since this is getting duped yet again.........
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:48:46 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
and since this is getting duped yet again.........

\ no wonder your post count is so high, do you just check everythread for dupes and post in it???
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:51:52 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

next time you accuse someone of a dupe thread see who started the first one

the thread you linked was started after this one

Posted :: 8/8/2005 8:11:53 PM CDT

I DID, you didn't.

Other thread:    Posted :: 8/9/2005 5:52:19 PM EDT

POwned.  

no wonder your post count is so high, do you just check everythread for dupes and post in it???

Just a good  memory and a strange sense of Internet Justice.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:03:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:11:36 PM EDT
[#30]
If the officer is found to have used excessive force he could face some sort of disciplinary action.

How about being gang raped with a mop handle lubed with axle grease in the prison shower room?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:32:22 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
If the officer is found to have used excessive force he could face some sort of disciplinary action.

How about being gang raped with a mop handle lubed with axle grease in the prison shower room?

As in what was done to Abner Louima, but by NYC cops? "It's Giuliani time!"
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:04:56 PM EDT
[#32]
I would be in jail, now.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:56:58 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I would be in jail, now.

that cop was a fucking asshole.must have gone to dog shooting school instead of commen sense school

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top