Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/6/2005 10:49:14 AM EDT
At last "so & so" comes out on DVD, and you buy it. Then 8 months later they unleash the Collectors Edition, the Anniversary Edition, the Special Edition 17 & 1/2 Disc set, complete with deleted footage your version doesn't have.

Or

You shell out the additional 8-16 dollars to buy the Special/Collector 7.6th Anniversary edition with deleted footage to find a whooping 4.3 minutes of cutting room floor garbage that justifiably made it there, along with an irrellevant interview on Disc 2 with Todd Bridges and P Diddy about the social relevance of the film.

FUCK THIS SHIT! THERE IS SOME SERIOUS SAND IN MY MANGINA!!! Rant off.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:50:06 AM EDT
[#1]
so dont buy the super duper special editions.  problem fixed.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:51:58 AM EDT
[#2]
DVD writer, DVD Shrink, Netflix....problem solved.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:29:56 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
so dont buy the super duper special editions.  problem fixed.

Uhhh, yeah. That's what I do. I just buy the damn thing whenever I feel like it and don't worry about all the special edition crap. I don't buy into the hype.

For instance, when Lord of the Rings came out on DVD, I bought it. A lot of people I know squealed like crazy about it: "Why are you doing that?! Don't you know they're going to come out with a special edition box set when the trilogy is complete?!!?!!!????"

Big fuckin' deal.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:37:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

+1 except I have Blockbuster online.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:38:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a problem with being subjected to all the damn previews.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:44:39 PM EDT
[#6]
www.torrentspy.com

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:50:28 PM EDT
[#7]
I buy the first one that comes out and never look back.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:52:15 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:56:00 PM EDT
[#9]
With a very few exceptions I will only buy the theatrical release of a movie.  So far the only special editions I've gone to any lengths to buy was the Lord of the Rings exended editions.  Otherwise I just buy the one that is staring at me on the shelf.

I never watch all the shit on those extra special bonus material DVDs anyway.  I just want to watch the movie.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:41:15 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Agreed.  It's horrible with the Disney movies when you've got kids screaming to watch a movie, and you can't fast forward to get to it.  I've been buying kid movies on VHS for near nothing from friends and coworkers, and they don't have that problem.z
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:44:03 PM EDT
[#11]
I've often noticed that the newer your DVD player is the more often you can skip past the FBI warning and previews.  As it ages it cannot skip over stuff on newer DVDs.

Not sure if this is some war between the DVD player makers and DVD makers.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:45:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Feel free to use my equation for happiness:

BLOCKBUSTER ($15/month) + DVD SHRINK (free) + 1 BLANK DVD ($.50) =
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:50:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:50:26 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

HEHE!
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:00:18 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

How can you copy DVD's ? I haveaone DVDRW and one CDRW in my computer.????
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:03:04 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
blockbuster is antigun and a MMM supporter. please find alternate entertaiment providers

Well then you'll be glad to know they loose money on me.   I send each vid back within 24 hours (48 hrs, max).  The shipping, alone, in one month should be more than $15.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:08:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Who's got time to watch 4.5 hours of the director blabbing on and on about nothing?
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:09:14 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It copies to the hard drive then writes to the DVD.

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:10:49 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
At last "so & so" comes out on DVD, and you buy it. Then 8 months later they unleash the Collectors Edition, the Anniversary Edition, the Special Edition 17 & 1/2 Disc set, complete with deleted footage your version doesn't have.

Or

You shell out the additional 8-16 dollars to buy the Special/Collector 7.6th Anniversary edition with deleted footage to find a whooping 4.3 minutes of cutting room floor garbage that justifiably made it there, along with an irrellevant interview on Disc 2 with Todd Bridges and P Diddy about the social relevance of the film.

ANd on top of all that, there are previews for other movies at the beginning of the disc that you can't skip over.  
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:11:03 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Or

If you guys would simply STOP wearin' brazilian style bottoms, this shit would simply not happen....Jeez!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:14:20 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Study "anydvd" and "dvd shrink".
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:21:57 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
With a very few exceptions I will only buy the theatrical release of a movie.  So far the only special editions I've gone to any lengths to buy was the Lord of the Rings exended editions.  Otherwise I just buy the one that is staring at me on the shelf.

I never watch all the shit on those extra special bonus material DVDs anyway.  I just want to watch the movie.

I do the same thing.  The only thing that I really go out of my way is to get the widescreen version of the movie.  Letterbox doesn't bother me like it does some people.

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:23:54 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I looked alot of the sites did not find one yet with free download. I have tried a few times with shit like this but no luck even paid once for so software to find out you have to be a fucking Rocket designer to use the software. I have copy of DVDX copy right next to me my friend gave me, but you have to enter a code to us ,it is the original code from the orignal disk. Would it be ok to use it ?
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:25:52 PM EDT
[#24]
DVD Shrink
DUPE!!

NERO
DUPE!!

NETFLIX
DUPE!!

DVD Decrypter
DUPE!!

www.doom9.org/
DUPE!!

www.videohelp.com/
DUPE!!

www.dvdr-digest.com/index.php
DUPE!!
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:42:05 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Code Of Conduct

General Guidelines

4.) Posting comments or links in support of illegal activities

THIEF.  
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:45:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:47:21 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Code Of Conduct

General Guidelines

THIEF.  

Don't you have a school crossing to watch?

I bet you'd be jumping his ass if he was talking about shopping lifting at Walmart.

This ILLEGAL behavior drives up prices for the rest of the LAW ABIDING crowd
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:03:38 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.dvdshrink.org/
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:05:30 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I looked alot of the sites did not find one yet with free download. I have tried a few times with shit like this but no luck even paid once for so software to find out you have to be a fucking Rocket designer to use the software. I have copy of DVDX copy right next to me my friend gave me, but you have to enter a code to us ,it is the original code from the orignal disk. Would it be ok to use it ?

DVD Shrink is free.

www.dvdshrink.org/

Will need a program like Nero (which you probably already have it you bought a DVD writer) for the burn.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:07:18 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Code Of Conduct

General Guidelines

THIEF.  

Don't you have a school crossing to watch?

I bet you'd be jumping his ass if he was talking about shopping lifting at Walmart.

This ILLEGAL behavior drives up prices for the rest of the LAW ABIDING crowd

Just for that I'm gonna tape record a song off the radio and NOT buy the album.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:12:07 PM EDT
[#31]
I don't know why I buy any of them.... oh wait I don't. I haven't "bought a DVD in a couple years.

I'll usually make a "back-up" (I haven't even done that in a while).

I find all the xtras to be pretty much worthless. I have never watched a movie in commentary more. Most of the time I dont' even look at whatevr bonus crao they put on it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top