Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2005 10:52:28 PM EDT
Squeaky Frome...(sp) needs to go ahead and get dead.  She's a f'in' nut.

NUT!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 11:50:57 PM EDT
[#1]
From the Lexington Herald-Leader, June 27, 2005:
Would-Be Ford Assassin Up For Parole
Janet Mclaren
New York Daily News

WASHINGTON—The infamous "lady in red" who tried to assassinate President Gerald Ford in 1975 faces her first and last parole hearing next month after serving 30 years of a life sentence in federal prisons.

Even if she is granted parole, Lynette "Squeaky" Fromme, once a devoted member of mass murderer Charles Manson's "Family," will have to serve an additional 13 months because of a 1988 prison escape. If she's turned down, she will die in prison.

Fromme, 56, has rejected parole hearings since she first became eligible in 1985. But by law a hearing is mandatory, and she must be freed if a parole board finds she is not likely to commit another crime and has not seriously violated prison rules.

Tom Hutchinson, chief of staff for the U.S. Parole Commission, said his office will begin proceedings next month and announce the results in early September.

She is incarcerated at Carswell Federal Medical Center in Fort Worth, Texas. Barbara Young, a unit manager at Carswell, said Fromme has not said whether she plans to appear at her hearing.

Officially known as prisoner 06075-180, Fromme refused a written request from the New York Daily News for an interview.

Dressed completely in red with a red turban covering her red hair, Fromme approached Ford on Sept. 5, 1975, with a .45-caliber handgun as he was walking from his hotel to the state Capitol in Sacramento, Calif. There was no bullet in the chamber when Fromme fired at Ford, and she later claimed she never intended to kill him. Nevertheless, she was convicted in November 1975 of trying to assassinate the president.

Hutchinson said federal law requires a mandatory parole hearing for inmates who have completed two-thirds of a life sentence, considered 30 years. If the parole board concludes Fromme is no longer a danger to society, the government will be required to release her.

"She'll never get out. Never," said Stephen Kay, the Los Angeles deputy district attorney who helped prosecute Manson. Kay attended 60 parole hearings for Manson Family members before he retired earlier this year.

Fromme attacked a fellow inmate with a hammer in 1979 and was moved from Dublin, Calif., to a West Virginia prison. She escaped in 1987, reportedly trying to reach Manson. She was recaptured two days later, on Christmas Day, and transferred soon after to the Federal Correctional Institution in Lexington. When the high security unit in Kentucky closed in 1988, Fromme was transferred to a new high-security unit of the Marianna Federal Correctional Institution in Florida.

Todd Clear, a professor at John Jay College of Criminal Justice in New York, said that although parole board members might normally look favorably on a middle-aged woman who had served so many years, they probably would not overlook violations in this case.

Seventeen days after Fromme's assassination attempt, Sara Jane Moore also tried to shoot Ford outside a San Francisco hotel.

Moore also is serving a life sentence at a California prison and will be eligible for parole in 2007.

www.squeakyfromme.org/media/mclaren.htm
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 12:00:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Should have been executed long ago...
Now Charlie is a celebrity
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 12:03:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Groovy.

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 12:16:51 AM EDT
[#4]
All of these people are all nuttier than a fruit cake, personally for the me the only exception and the only sane one would probably be Linda Kasabian. But I think she will be in prison for the rest of her life for her participation in the murder of the LaBiancas. What way to spend your life.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 12:26:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Don't do drugs!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 12:43:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Charlie Manson may be a lunatic but a few years ago he made a very sound observation:

"You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy."  
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 12:49:07 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
All of these people are all nuttier than a fruit cake, personally for the me the only exception and the only sane one would probably be Linda Kasabian. But I think she will be in prison for the rest of her life for her participation in the murder of the LaBiancas. What way to spend your life.

Linda Kasabian did not go to prison. She got immunity when she testified against Manson and the Family and also because she did not kill anyone. Last I read, she and her daughter got into a bit of trouble with the law in 1996 over some drugs.

Edited to add: you might be referring to Lesley Van Houten.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 2:03:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 2:11:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Linda Kasabian did not go to prison. She got immunity when she testified against Manson and the Family and also because she did not kill anyone. Last I read, she and her daughter got into a bit of trouble with the law in 1996 over some drugs.

Yeah, you're right, it was Lesley Van Houten, it is not exactly clear to me what was her role in the murders, its been so long ago, but what a waste of a life. It was so long ago, that I have a problem keeping the players straight.  Personally, if I had to spend the rest of my life in prison, I would rather be dead. I've visited San Quentin Island the former prison in San Francisco Bay, and I can tell you,  just being there gives the creeps and is such a depressing place.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:51:23 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, you're right, it was Lesley Van Houten, it is not exactly clear to me what was her role in the murders, its been so long ago, but what a waste of a life. It was so long ago, that I have a problem keeping the players straight.  Personally, if I had to spend the rest of my life in prison, I would rather be dead. I've visited San Quentin Island the former prison in San Francisco Bay, and I can tell you,  just being there gives the creeps and is such a depressing place.

Van Houten participated in killing the LaBionca's on the second night of the murder spree. It is hard to keep the "family" straight since there were/are so many and they use alias names. It's doubtfull she or the others will ever get out.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:58:22 AM EDT
[#11]
The guy who butchered Sharon Tate doesn't have it too rough.
(Tex something?)
Last I read about him, he had fathered several children while in prison.

Our legal system is messed up.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:29:33 AM EDT
[#12]
read the book Helter Skelter, better than anything.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:34:55 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Van Houten participated in killing the LaBionca's on the second night of the murder spree. It is hard to keep the "family" straight since there were/are so many and they use alias names. It's doubtfull she or the others will ever get out.

In Van Houten's younger days, she wasn't too bad looking, but I saw a picture of her going to one of her parole hearing, boy she is old, just like me.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:25:28 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Charlie Manson may be a lunatic but a few years ago he made a very sound observation:

"You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy."  

Charlie may be a murdering POS, but he is also a keen observer of culture and society.

All the interviews Manson's done in the last 10/15 years, when he's not babbling incoherently he comes off as the sane one and the media hack interviewer sounds like the idiot. Remember Geraldo ?

Charlie should have been made to ride the lightning back in 69/70, small comfort he's gonna die in prison.  

Manson is 70 years old.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top