Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/5/2005 7:16:28 AM EDT
So, as I'm sure some of you know, the end of the fiscal year for the government is 30Sep.  We've got some "end-of-year" funds that need to be used before then.  Well I submitted a package for a TDY to go to Dillon Aero and take their mini-gun class.  Two days in a classroom and one day on the live fire range to learn malfunction analysis!  This is big for us gunners... kinda like going to church and being taught by god himself.  I hope his calendar models are there!

Sorry, I'm sure most of you are like "who cares?" and know this is going to get no replies I'm just excited as hell and had to share.

~Dg84

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:18:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I hate you
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:21:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Oh HELL YEAH!! Spend it or lose it, as  they say, and should be a warmer place  to visit.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:23:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Speaking as an ex M60D gunner, I am jealous as hell.

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:23:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't like you.  You are a bad person.

I'm SO frigging jealous.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:25:52 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
...and should be a warmer place  to visit.

Warmer?  probably and understatement.  anything above 60 is warmer to us.

~Dg84
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:26:11 AM EDT
[#6]
<peter_griffin> you bastard </peter_griffin>
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:28:00 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

~Dg84

You can wear shorts any time of the year, considering where you are coming from.  Watch out....PHX is addictive.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 2:55:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

~Dg84

You can wear shorts any time of the year, considering where you are coming from.  Watch out....PHX is addictive.

Hell, it'll probably be too hot in September for his popsicle ass.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:01:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:51:30 PM EDT
[#10]
You suck.

have fun.

And give us an AAR, damnit!
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:42:11 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
thanks for wasting our tax money. end of year funds ought to be returned to the budget for proper budgeting in the coming fiscal year.

now that i have pissed in your cornflakes.......

have fun you bastard i am jealous!!

Gotta fill that inflated budget my friend!  
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:45:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Major suckage are you.

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:45:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Why not take this oppurtunity to tell you boss that since you have extra funds that maybe it should be returned to the tax payer instead of being wasted.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:48:44 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Why not take this oppurtunity to tell you boss that since you have extra funds that maybe it should be returned to the tax payer instead of being wasted.

Sgat1r5

Blowing %&$^ up is ALWAYS a Constitutional use of funds...  

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:51:26 PM EDT
[#15]
I always loved end of fiscal year shoot 'em ups.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:52:01 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgat1r5

Blowing %&$^ up is ALWAYS a Constitutional use of funds...  

Yep.

Congrats on being able to go that class.  Money well spent, no matter what the idiots say.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:52:05 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Sgat1r5

Exactly how is this a waste of funds? It's not like they are buying new office furniture when the ones they have are fine. Wouldn't you like to have a competent door gunner to wax the enemy? HMMMM?
Good use of funds  IMHO!
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:57:32 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Sgat1r5

Master class training that might save his life or the lives of others in the defense of our country, and you call it a "waste"?  Time for you to take your meds and go play with your dolls.  

doorgunner84 - Thanks!  Have fun, and put what you learn to good use.  Be sure to pass on your new found knowledge to the others who won't get to go to the training.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:57:43 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Sgat1r5

Waste of funds?  FUCK YOU... You're an asshole.  What I learn at this class can keep my gun working when it matter dickhead.  Don't worry SGT-Assmaster... While you're here typing away trying to reach 50K in October I'll be defending your right to post the stupidest shit you can on ARFCOM.  Better yet, go whack off with your doll shithead.

~Dg84

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:00:54 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgat1r5

Waste of funds?  FUCK YOU... You're an asshole.  What I learn at this class can keep my gun working when it matter dickhead.  Don't worry SGT-Assmaster... While you're here typing away trying to reach 50K in October I'll be defending your right to post the stupidest shit you can on ARFCOM.  Better yet, go whack off with your doll shithead.

~Dg84

McUzi has just been trumped.

(And I'm FINALLY not the worst flamed Arfcommer ever)

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:02:47 PM EDT
[#21]
You are one lucky S.O.B! I mean that in the best way possible. Have fun and go back to your unit and pass on the things that you learn to the poor bastards that didn't get to go!
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:05:18 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgat1r5

~Dg84

Nope you still hold the title. That was goood though! A close second or so. Sorry man, you can't pass the title that easily.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:08:26 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Nope you still hold the title. That was goood though! A close second or so. Sorry man, you can't pass the title that easily.

^&%     &(#$       ^&*$   #*#$(             ^*#&^$     %)#$#       %*((#%$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:08:32 PM EDT
[#24]
YOU SUCK!

Yes I'm jealous..

Have fun, post pics or video!
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:09:11 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgat1r5

~Dg84

Well, I don't know if I'd go that far, but I do smell smoke from California...

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:20:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Oh HELL yeah!

Congratulations!
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:52:14 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgat1r5

~Dg84

Don't get me wrong, I think you should be well trained.  But it was you that said this was "end of year funds that must be used up".  That means it is extra money right?

Well, then it must not be needed.  The only reason it is being spent is so the budget doesn't show that the job is getting done with the money they now have.  This type of mentallity is what leads to ever increasing budgets and taxes.

If you need more training then I am all for it.  But make it budgeted, just don't throw money at it when ever you happen to have it.

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:01:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Sarge - apparently, life in CA has ruined your brain.

Remaining funds to not equate to 'left over money' or 'extra money' extorted from taxpayers.

It may be the result of careful budgeting and frugal planning.

As this probably does not rise to the level of a doll movie, enjoy your weekend.

All the best!

-Ben
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:07:48 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Sarge - apparently, life in CA has ruined your brain.

Remaining funds to not equate to 'left over money' or 'extra money' extorted from taxpayers.

It may be the result of careful budgeting and frugal planning.

As this probably does not rise to the level of a doll movie, enjoy your weekend.

All the best!

-Ben

Careful budgeting...EGGS ACT LY!

So it is extra, that all I am saying.  The government should be trying to SAVE money, not SPEND all they have.

The ONLY reason this money is being spent is because if it isn't then their budget will be decreased last year as it would appear they don't need as much.

What is wrong with DECREASING government spending when it can do so?  If this guy needs more training then give it to him...as a BUDGETED ITEM.

Sgat1r54
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:09:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Somehow, in the midst of shooting all those stray cats, you missed what I said.

Perhaps it will be clearer in the morning.

Happy Friday nite all!!
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:10:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Sarge has a point guys.

While *in this instance* we're all gung ho for doorgunner to do something fun, it sounds like the training wasn't originally planned for. If it would have been necessary to begin with, I'm sure he could have gone on the training anyways.

Now, add that up across ALL government beaurocracies, and what do you get?

doorgunner - this is not meant as a personal attack against you, and I thank you for your service and hope you do indeed get to participate in all the training you need. Please understand that using up "end of the year" funds does reek of "spend it or lose it."
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:42:26 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgat1r5

~Dg84

Best damned thing I've read all day!
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:51:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Sarge,

It is budgeted. They just haven't used it this fiscal year. When we had live TOW missiles left in the fiscal year, we used them in training. It makes for realism in training.
There are things that can not be simulated.

I for one would love to see the improvements that Mike Dillon made to the miniguns.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:55:46 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I for one would love to see the improvements that Mike Dillon made to the miniguns.

SO WOULD I!!!!!!!

I would also LOVE to see money spent well.

My recently dead father has boxes upon boxes FULL of tools!  Everything from screw drivers to hammers to pliar to whatever!  ALL from the AF!  Because at the end of the year the bough new tools weather they needed them or not.

Because if they didn't spend the money that year their budget would go down next year.  But if they SPENT all the money their budget went up.

Understand?

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:06:00 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Don't get me wrong, I think you should be well trained.  But it was you that said this was "end of year funds that must be used up".  That means it is extra money right?

Well, then it must not be needed.  The only reason it is being spent is so the budget doesn't show that the job is getting done with the money they now have.  This type of mentallity is what leads to ever increasing budgets and taxes.

If you need more training then I am all for it.  But make it budgeted, just don't throw money at it when ever you happen to have it.

Sgatr15

You're an idiot...  Go play with your dolls...  

~Dg84  
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:08:23 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I hate you

+1  You're not getting paid are you?  Patty
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:11:15 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I hate you

yeah... but don't tell SGT"fucko"AR.  

~Dg84
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:19:16 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I hate you

~Dg84

Is that all you got?

Are you not willing to discuss this?

Do you not see my point that I was trying to make?

I guess not.

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:31:35 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Is that all you got?

I guess not.

Sgatr15

I've been around long enough to know that you argue for the sake of argument.  I guess that's what you gotta do to get to 50K.  People have already tried to explain that the money was budgeted... but you being the retard you are, fail to understand.  See, there's what we call a Pot on money (POM) set aside for TDY's.  Throughout the fiscal year that money is held close to the chest by our tight-wad finance managers as not to run out BEFORE the year is over.  So, we run into what we've got now... X amount of dollars that needs to be used in a short amount of time or that money will go away.  Who knows it might go away and be used to replace STOLEN tools.

~Dg84
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:34:19 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I hate you

~Dg84

Is that all you got?

I guess not.

Sgatr15

We don't care about your point.

Stop pissing in the gatorade.

It's a fun thread, leave the politics bullshit out of it.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:35:48 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Is that all you got?

I guess not.

Sgatr15

I've been around long enough to know that you argue for the sake of argument.  I guess that's what you gotta do to get to 50K.  People have already tried to explain that the money was budgeted... but you being the retard you are, fail to understand.  See, there's what we call a Pot on money (POM) set aside for TDY's.  Throughout the fiscal year that money is held close to the chest by our tight-wad finance managers as not to run out BEFORE the year is over.  So, we run into what we've got now... X amount of dollars that needs to be used in a short amount of time or that money will go away.  Who knows it might go away and be used to replace STOLEN tools.

~Dg84

Stolen tools huh?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, let me think about that.  My father's boss TELLS the crew to remove the tools even if that means they have to take them hoime.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I don't think so buddy.  ANd if you know me so well than you sould know that I have FULL support for the military at all times.

All I was trying to point out was that you have extra tax payer money.  But obviously you don't view it that way.

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:38:44 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

he can't help himself...  He got one of his dolls stuck past his sphincter while beating off to reruns of I Dream of Jeannie this afternoon.  

this WAS a fun thread...
~Dg84
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:40:37 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

he can't help himself...  He got one of his dolls stuck past his sphincter while beating off to reruns of I Dream of Jeannie this afternoon.  

this WAS a fun thread...
~Dg84

yes...I believe it turned ugly when you called me an asshole.

And then you obviously failed to read any of my posts after that.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:43:59 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Stolen tools huh?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, let me think about that.  My father's boss TELLS the crew to remove the tools even if that means they have to take them hoime.

I don't think so buddy.  ANd if you know me so well than you sould know that I have FULL support for the military at all times.

All I was trying to point out was that you have extra tax payer money.  But obviously you don't view it that way.

Sgatr15

INTEGRITY, SERVICE BEFORE SELF, EXCELLENCE IN ALL WE DO, Air Force core values.  

Which statement best fits those values?
"sorry sir... I can't take those tools home that's stealing."  
"Sure thing, can you help me carry them to my truck?"

See, cool thing about being catholic is you can do stuff like  that and STILL be forgiven.
~Dg84
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:50:17 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Stolen tools huh?

Sgatr15

INTEGRITY, SERVICE BEFORE SELF, EXCELLENCE IN ALL WE DO, Air Force core values.  

Which statement best fits those values?
"sorry sir... I can't take those tools home that's stealing."  
"Sure thing, can you help me carry them to my truck?"

See, cool thing about being catholic is you can do stuff like  that and STILL be forgiven.
~Dg84

Well, since my dad is dead now it would probably be hard to get the whole complete story on how it offically happened.

And this has back in the 1970's.  But hey, if you want to disrespect my dad's 22 years of service then go ahead.  SInce you already covered disrespecting his religion.

Maybe later you can call my mother names instead of educating others about how this "budget" of your works.

But whatever..........................................

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:52:21 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Is that all you got?

I guess not.

Sgatr15

~Dg84

Stolen tools huh?

Sgatr15

So what happens if the Marines have a surplus of M16s, and the CO says "Just take them home with you".

I'll give you a hint, Mr. BATF shows up at the persons door, tosses in a stun grenade, shoots the dog, grabs the guns, sets fire the the building, then shows the little stampings 'Property of US Government' to his boss and calls it a day.

Not stolen?

My ass.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:56:01 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
And this has back in the 1970's.  But hey, if you want to disrespect my dad's 22 years of service then go ahead.  SInce you already covered disrespecting his religion.

Since you already desirespected Doorgunners service, you and yours are open game.

Can't have it both ways.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:58:37 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Well, since my dad is dead now it would probably be hard to get the whole complete story on how it offically happened.

Maybe later you can call my mother names instead of educating others about how this "budget" of your works.

Sgat1r5

Do you fucking see business ethics of the corrupt United States Government or DoD budgeting 101 in the title of this thread cock-snot?  I didn't think so... I was merely excited about getting to go to a school taught by the makers of our weapons system and thought others on here would like to hear about it also.  But you insisted on turning what was once a fun thread into one of your post count pissing matches.  

~Dg84
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:05:00 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
I hate you

+1

I hope that you have to shoot the new Gaston Glock-designed mini-gun.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 10:05:52 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgat1r5

Do you fucking see business ethics of the corrupt United States Government or DoD budgeting 101 in the title of this thread cock-snot?  I didn't think so... I was merely excited about getting to go to a school taught by the makers of our weapons system and thought others on here would like to hear about it also.  But you insisted on turning what was once a fun thread into one of your post count pissing matches.  

~Dg84

Don't let him ruin it, just ignore him.

Be sure to post an AAR here, I love the M134, and all of its relatives.

And don't worry about using all the ammo you can, I checked 'spend my money on bullets' on my tax forums    .
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top