Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2005 5:47:01 AM EDT

well, we're in august now. it's been one year since my life was completely disassembled by a testicular cancer diagnosis.

after all the treatment and bills got to be too much, i decided to start my life over. i left my old job (maybe not the most financially responsible move, but i hated it), i moved home (to a state i wanted to live in anyhow), i landed a new job, and tried my best to get out from under my medical bills along with the others.

well, in the few months i was unemployed, i didn't have insurance. since i didn't have insurance, i wasn't going in for my check-up's. but it was no big deal, evrything had looked perfect in my blood tests, CT scans, X-rays, etc. for so long, i wasn't worried.

i finally got to a new doctor here in ME and got all my tests done.

results: Low density structured masses on my heart and in my left lung.

boy was that a kick in the ass i REALLY didn't need.

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:48:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Prayers sent bro.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:48:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Man, I'm sorry to hear that.  

I sincerely hope all goes well.  Prayers are being sent.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:49:16 AM EDT
[#3]
prayers
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:49:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Damn
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:50:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Sucks man.  Sorry.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:50:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Hope for the best, hope for the best.

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:51:33 AM EDT
[#7]
prayers
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:53:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Damn, sorry to hear that. What treatment will they do to correct it?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:56:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Prayers sent. Best of luck.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:58:34 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Damn

x2
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:12:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Our words probably can't do much for you, but hang in there.  Lance Armstrong beat it...you can too.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:20:59 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Damn, sorry to hear that. What treatment will they do to correct it?

don't know yet. they have to look back [closely] at some of my older CT's taken between last august to march to see if they possibly missed something and to gauge growth-rates or some shit.

my old scans are being sent from connecticut though, so they won't have them for a couple of days. i'm not going to know anything difinitive until then, so i'll have to think about this over the weekend.

i'm assuming they will suggest immediate surgery and chemo.

unfortunately i had a particularly nasty form of testicular cancer, so if i elect to do so, i'll be receiving some really bad shit.

i don't know. i can't get my mind straight right now. appreciate the support though.

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:22:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Frickin' cancer! Chin up sir, get on with it and slay this beast.

AB
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:55:59 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

boy was that a kick in the ass i REALLY didn't need.

I feel for ya. Were I to know you better, I would inject some sarcastic humor but I don't know how you'd take it at present? I was in intensive care a year ago, so I know how it is to get sick.

I hope everything works out ok, maybe you can recover to give Lance Armstrong a run for his money?

Good luck, sir!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top