Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2005 4:23:51 AM EDT
LONDON — Prime Minister Tony Blair on Friday announced new deportation measures against people who foster hatred and advocate violence following last month's transportation attacks that killed 52 people and four suspected homicide bombers.
www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,164830,00.html
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:24:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Tony is pissed
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:25:56 AM EDT
[#2]
The ACLU and the terrorist fifth column (aka the DNC) will be along shortly to openly condemn him for being a racist working against the free-speech right of the esteemed ROP.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:28:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like smart strategy if you ask me.

You gotta ask yourself why people would be moving to a country they hate if they didn't have foul intentions in mind.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:31:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Tony's onto something here....and it's obvious he's got the balls to do it.

HH
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:31:21 AM EDT
[#5]
It seems as if those Europeans are not the weenies that I always thought them to be.  They are NOT putting up with all the bullshit we are.  France, Italy, England are all doing what has to be done and we are not.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:32:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Damn, Blair has bigger balls than Bush does.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:32:50 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Sounds like smart strategy if you ask me.

You gotta ask yourself why people would be moving to a country they hate if they didn't have foul intentions in mind.

I've been asking the same thing for years.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:33:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:43:04 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The ACLU and the terrorist fifth column (aka the DNC) will be along shortly to openly condemn him for being a racist working against the free-speech right of the esteemed ROP.

england has free speech laws???
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:44:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Nicely done.

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:46:39 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
LONDON — Prime Minister Tony Blair on Friday announced new deportation measures against people who foster hatred and advocate violence following last month's transportation attacks that killed 52 people and four suspected homicide bombers.
www.foxnews.com/images/172135/6_22_080405_london2.jpg

Bravo!  Too bad our 1st gets in the way of an such action here.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:49:23 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No it doesn't.

The first does not permit inciting violence against innocent people.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:53:30 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No it doesn't.

The first does not permit inciting violence against innocent people.

Then why the fark don't our politicians grow some ball's and make a similar statement?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:53:56 AM EDT
[#14]
The U.K. has really stepped up to the plate.  It's about time for our country to do the same.

Get'em Tony!
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:54:55 AM EDT
[#15]
I saw the headline earlier in the paper, but I haven't had time to read the article yet.  I assumed it was just aimed at people voicing the "kill all the ragheads" mentality.  

"Where would you deport some guy from Cardiff who's never been outside Wales before?" I was thinking to myself.

Good to see he's (also?) thinking about the hate-spewing Islamic Clerics.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:56:16 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

england has free speech laws???

Will it matter?

Besides, even if it doesn't, I'm sure they'll demand them for the oppressed terrorists.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:58:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:58:47 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
The U.K. has really stepped up to the plate.  It's about time for our country to do the same.

Get'em Tony!

I doubt we will until they start doing systematic attacks here and even then it's still iffy.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:00:08 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Then why the fark don't our politicians grow some ball's and make a similar statement?

Because in many minds only white conservative Christians are capable of "hate speech" despite the fact that they don't advocate or preach violence against anyone, while those who actually do (such as muslim extremists) must be tolerated in the name of "diversity."

Or to put it bluntly, because they are f*cking morons.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:02:11 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I saw the headline earlier in the paper, but I haven't had time to read the article yet.  I assumed it was just aimed at people voicing the "kill all the ragheads" mentality.  

No, I believe it is aimed at the Imams in the UK saying how wonderful OBL is and that kind of stuff. A guy in Australia, for instance, gave OBL a verbal blow job in the press the other day. That's the kind of person that Mr. Blair wants out of his country.

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:05:34 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

And risk offending someone?

We are our own worst enemey.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:19:10 AM EDT
[#22]
I heard much of his speech today.  It was EXCELLENT!  There are some measures the Brits are considering that we could and should implement to make our country safer.

Until we stop this PC crap, we will continue to put ourselves at risk.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:25:44 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Until we stop this PC following the Constitution crap, we will continue to put ourselves at risk.

This thread is further proof that Gen Franks
was right: the BOR will not survive the next
terrorist attack.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:34:34 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Until we stop this PC following the Constitution crap, we will continue to put ourselves at risk.

terrorist attack.

Remember back in the 1990s under the Clinton Administration.  They considered the "gun owner" the enemy.  Many of these anti-terrorist laws will come back to haunt us when Hitlery is elected.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:38:27 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

terrorist attack.

No kidding, I'm surprised at the responses so far.  

For those of you who wish Bush would do the same thing...  Wouldn't it be GREAT if Bush said he'd deport anyone for "hate speech"?  Ask yourselves what the feds might think is "hate speech" and if any of the stuff you read (and post) on here could ever qualify.  How about forming militias and training them in case the people ever need to stand up to the .gov?  "Sounds like a terrorist training camp to me!", say the feds, and it's deportation for you!
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:43:44 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Remember back in the 1990s under the Clinton Administration.  They considered the "gun owner" the enemy.  Many of these anti-terrorist laws will come back to haunt us when Hitlery is elected.

Agreed.  It'll bite us all in the ass one day.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:17:18 AM EDT
[#27]
What are we to do? You guys think we should just sit around and allow these hatemongers to threaten our nation and call for it's destruction? IMHO, that identifies them as a clear enemy when they do that shit and voids their right to live here.

I believe in freedom of speech, but it does have limits. If I make threats toward someone then I can be arrested and charged. So why are we letting these assmunches preach hate and make threats against us and do nothing?

These people aren't simply just voicing their opinions. They aren't even speaking out against the government. When they hold their little hate fests in mosques across this nation, they are planning and plotting our destruction. So if we ship their asses out, that's fine by me.

Anyone who comes to this country should do so because they love it. If they loved it, why would they be doing the sorts of things we see? Fuck that. I'm not going to sit on my ass and let them try to hide behind the 1st Amendment. You think these people give a shit about the BOR?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:29:38 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
What are we to do? You guys think we should just sit around and allow these hatemongers to threaten our nation and call for it's destruction?

Yep. Does this mean that we don't watch them
and attempt to nail them doing something illegal?
Of course not. But, like it or not, speech, in most
cases, is not illegal.

Quoted:
I believe in freedom of speech, but it does have limits. If I make threats toward someone then I can be arrested and charged. So why are we letting these assmunches preach hate and make threats against us and do nothing?

"Joe Smith, I am going to come to your house
and murder you in your sleep."

"Death to America!"

If you think these are the same, you have some
problems.

Quoted:
These people aren't simply just voicing their opinions. They aren't even speaking out against the government. When they hold their little hate fests in mosques across this nation, they are planning and plotting our destruction. So if we ship their asses out, that's fine by me.

If this is the case, this is illegal, but some
cleric standing on his soapbox calling for
America's downfall is not the same thing.

Quoted:
Anyone who comes to this country should do so because they love it.

That is your opinion. The government should
not be in the business of checking for loyalty
to the "crown."

Quoted:
I'm not going to sit on my ass and let them try to hide behind the 1st Amendment. You think these people give a shit about the BOR?

No, but I do.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:31:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Well done.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:35:07 AM EDT
[#30]
America is a purely reactionary nation. We will have to be hit 20x as hard as 911 before we do the right thing. Free speech is being abused to cover terrorist activities. Politicians are afraid to do whats needed. Advocate killing people and you are not covered by the first. Why is that so hard to understand for some people?

The terrorists using the 1st ammendment as a shield are no different than the ones who fire from crowds of civilians or from hospitals. People who defend them and their abuse of the 1st are the enemy as well. Its never really been a problem before. In WWII what would happen if you openly called for the Nazis to win? What if you advocated the Japanese civilians to rise up and take over the country for the Emporer? I have a feelng that even back then, the democrats would even have locked you up for such activity. Today the Dummycrats defend the enemies rights.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:35:50 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

...but some cleric standing on his soapbox calling for
America's downfall is not the same thing....

If the unfortunate day ever comes when your ass is blown off by a suicide bomber I have a feeling you'll change your mind.

Call it a hunch.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:43:08 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

...but some cleric standing on his soapbox calling for
America's downfall is not the same thing....

If the unfortunate day ever comes when your ass is blown off by a suicide bomber I have a feeling you'll change your mind.

I sound like a broken record when I post
this, but it appears that most of you
continue to forget these sage words:

Those who would sacrifice essential liberties for a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:57:17 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
"Where would you deport some guy from Cardiff who's never been outside Wales before?" I was thinking to myself.

Er, can I come and live with you guys?

I'm quite surprised that the Home Secretaries powers don't already cover this... mind you I'm not entirely convinced that giving that power to a jug-eared BLEEP like Clarke is a good idea, in the same way that I thought that giving Blunkett the power to detain people without trial was a good idea.

After all, his mistress' husband would surely have been the first!

/PHil

*I have actually been outside Wales, honest... I just didn't like it much!
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:58:32 AM EDT
[#34]
They need tod od something and quick. islam has all but taken over Britian.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top