Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2005 9:08:39 PM EDT

2005 - Force Recon Association - Reunion  

1. Recon 2005 will take place in Fredericksburg, VA, 7 - 11 September 2005.

2.  The location is the Holiday Inn Select, Fredericksburg.

For more info :    www.forcerecon.com

Holiday Inn Select Fredericksburg
2801 PLANK RD.
FREDERICKSBURG, VA 22401
UNITED STATES
1-540-786-8321

The Holiday Inn Select Hotel and Conference Center is the premier full service hotel and meeting facility in the Fredericksburg area. The hotel has the largest meeting/catering facilities in the area, total meeting space is 18,000 sq. feet. The hotel is centrally located between Richmond, VA. and  Washington DC on I95 at exit 130B. 194 rooms, including 9 suites. Features: Palm room restaurant, Ledo Pizza, Nightclub Shannons, Business Center, fitness center, and outdoor pool.

Check-In Time: 3:00 PM
Check-Out Time: 12:00 PM

Amenities -
Pets Allowed
Outdoor Pool
KidSuites®
High-speed Internet Access
On-site Guest Self-Laundry Facilities (washer/dryer)
Kids Eat Free
Dedicated Lounge (or 24 Hour Lounge)
Iron / Ironing Board
Coffee Maker
Health/Fitness Center On-Site
Hairdryer
A/C Public Areas

Cancellation Policy:
Cancellations made prior to 24 hours before arrival date will receive a full refund.
Cancellations made within 24 hours of arrival date will be charged the first night of the reservation.

Website -

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hd/frbva?irs=null

3. The hotel has guaranteed the FRA 100 rooms.  It is important that everyone make their reservations as soon as possible to ensure you get a room.  The FRA strongly encourages every member to make their reservation as soon as possible.  You must call the hotel's phone number listed above to make your reservation.  You must tell the reservations clerk that you are with the FRA Recon 2005 reunion to get best rate.

4. The FRA Recon 2005 room rate is $87.98.  This rate includes tax.  There are no parking fees.  Again, you must make your reservation by phone and state that you are with the FRA Recon 2005 Reunion to get this rate.  The standard room rate is $99.83 ($96.85 advance purchase) per night plus 10% tax.
5. There are 8 RV parking slots available at the rate of $25 per night. First come; first serve.

6. Additional information will be published in the very next SitRep, including registration form, fees, tours, etc.  The tentative activities are:
 a) Tuesday Golf Tournament - Wayne Pilny is coordinator.
 b) Wednesday Check in.
 c) Thursday Open, Executive Board Meeting
 d) Friday FBI Range Quantico

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 1:44:01 PM EDT
[#1]
You have just fucked up bro. Now every airsofter/armchair commando/gamer within a 6 hr radius is going to be assaulting the chips and dip.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:04:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I never knew that Marine Corps Force Recon had an Association. Can you e-mail me with some details about the Association? I was Force Recon from 1978-1984. At work, I proudly wear my USMC RECON pin. Semper Fi!

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:35:45 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I never knew that Marine Corps Force Recon had an Association. Can you e-mail me with some details about the Association? I was Force Recon from 1978-1984. At work, I proudly wear my USMC RECON pin. Semper Fi!

Click on this link. Semper Fi!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:36:42 AM EDT
[#4]
They might get a little more than Chips and Dip if they pull some BS like that - HAHAHAHAHAHA
"Maybe a Sweep and Stomp"

Yep -
There are others out there for the batallions also -

www.forcerecon.com
also -  
www.1streconbnassociation.org/Site%20Map.htm

Good to hear from you my man.

SEMPER FI
Member # 1958
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:41:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Cool. I'm sure you'll need an invitation or credentials to get in though.

IBTL

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:31:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a question.  My father-in-law, USMC 1939 to 1948, was part of a groups who would land on the islands before the invasions, map them out, sleep inthe trees duringt he day and then be pulled off by submarine at night.  They called themselves Beachcombers.  Would he qualify for this grooup?  He personally did this on two islands.  One was Bougainville.  

His story of how he qualified was kind of funny.  They were looking for volunteers so 250 guys showed up.  They would work them like rented mules all day long doing meaningless stuff like carrying telephone poleswith pegs attached etc.  .  The next morning,  some were thanked for their effort and then would be asked to leave.  Finally they got down to 6 men of which he was one.  At that point, their qualification was that they didn't snore.   The other 246 guys did.

The mission was explained, they were all sworn to secrecy and not one backed down.  After he would complete his mission he would report to the Admiral in charge, deliver his maps so that pre-invasion shelling could be planned and then go back to his unit.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 12:03:45 PM EDT
[#7]
YES SIR.......

Back in WWII they were known as  MARINE RAIDERS.
The lineage began then.  
Marine Raiders were/are the FORE FATHERS  of  modern day USMC  FORCE RECON..
All members of the MARINE RAIDER ASSOCIATION are ELIGIBLE for membership in the FORCE RECON ASSOCIATION.

Here is a link to the MARINE RAIDER ASSOCIATION - -

www.usmarineraiders.org/index2.html

Hope that helps you out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top