Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2001 10:14:53 PM EDT
Howdee.

I bought a new Ciener .22 conversion kit for one of AR's  (so I could shoot in my basement using Aguila Calibri ammo  -- no charge, just a primer)

Here's the dilemna:

The gun does not cycle (I expected this because of the low charge round being shot) BUT.. Every 2nd. or 3rd. shot, the empty shell casing gets stuck vertically in the square cut-out guide at the top of the chamber (where the charging handle slides).

I actually have to use needle nose pliers to remove them.

Is this normal?????

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Link Posted: 7/15/2001 10:20:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you tried real (full power) .22 loads in it? I suspect the trouble is because of the low power of the Aguilo ammo. They so say on them that they will not cycle an auto. They may not have the ummmmpppphhhh to eject and be causing the problem.
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 10:23:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn..  I forgot to add this:

I took it to the "real" range to try real ammo.

I used CCI mini-mags and CCI Stingers.  Same thing happened.

Ouch!
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 10:32:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Sort of shoots down my theory. I have no idea but wish you luck.
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 10:58:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I have found that you can easily over oil the unit, causing short stroking as you are having. I just use a light oil like WD-40 after cleaning & my unit works just fine. I usually use the Federal .22 ammo that you get at Walmart for $8.88, I would imagine that the Stinger type of ammo would work well too.
I got to shoot the M16 version a few years ago, that was a blast!!!

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 12:53:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 4:45:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Hey RBAD,
c-rock here, I sent you two emails, did you get them?
C-rock
www.illinois-shooter.org
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 11:57:46 AM EDT
[#7]
RBAD I have the exact same problem with mine .I've only tried it a couple of times,but both were with CCI Minimags and Stingers.Don't know if this means anything,but let me know what happens.Amigo.
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 12:55:52 PM EDT
[#8]
I had problems with mine using CCI stingers but never had a problem with Federal high volocity bulk pack or american eagle. I keep mine clean using hoppes #9 and no oil or lubrication. Once in awhile I used to have a Jam but not anymore. and I had nothing but probems using those Colbri things.

Six
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 4:16:02 PM EDT
[#9]
RBRAD,

Looked for my Ciener kit but couldn't find it. Had same problem years back. Talked to the guy down in Florida, and he said only two types of .22 ammo can be used for full reliability. One was I believe Remington in a green and yellow box. Can't remember what the other was. These are the only kinds they recommend. I haven't used it that much, but if you call, they will probably give you the name of the brands to use.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top