Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/4/2005 2:24:47 PM EDT
[vent]

Dammit it's no wonder these people can't get along with anyone anywhere in the world.

Professor A. is extremely gruff, rude, animated and LOUD in dealing with all people - and especially so to women. A female lab tech (who supports Prof A's and other Prof's labs) has been with us in a temporary position for the past year and will be renewed for another year again. She is quite emotional and easily upset and shaken by Prof. A. and they have had a virtual war of personality conflicts for the past year to the point where I had to physically step in and separate them so that they no longer will speak to each other. Any communication of needs between them is now done in writing - they will not speak to each other. Prof A. insists SHE "humiliates" HIM by her yelling back at him when he does things like (literally) snaps his fingers and shouts "COME!" when he needs something from her or when he tells her right in front of his class that she is incompetent and should be fired.

The lab tech does her job well and her position will be renewed BUT... Professor A. is so adamant that she not be hired he's complained to Administration (who kicks it right back down to me, yippee.) and has raised holy hell about her all year long and now that the position is to be renewed has vowed to "go back to Saudi Arabia for the year" if she's rehired.

Of course since it's harder to find a seasoned prof with two week's notice before class than it is to find a lab tech, he knows we'll be in a world of hurt if he leaves.

Soooooo... goddamn baby is pretty much forcing us to change two other people's shift so that he will have minimum contact with this lab tech - and even then their paths will cross many times and there'll be war and strife when they do.

What a fucking immature BABY. And of course he goes utterly ballistic like a ululating dingo ANY time the matter is brought up.

It's all about him being "humiliated" and feeling like she was so "disrespectful" of him and so threatened by her because SHE has a bad attitude towards him when in fact HE was the one who started and keeps the shit going.

Absolutely hardheaded, immature, unbudgeable, abrasive, obnoxious, bellowing, combatative and absurdly hypersensitive about his "honor".

"SHE HUMILIATED ME!!! I CANNOT WORK WITH HER!!!"

Fuck.

[/vent]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:27:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe he's better on Saudi....?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:31:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like another case where fist fights should be legalized and encouraged.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:33:57 PM EDT
[#3]
God, I can't stand people who are so full of themselves like that. Power is an ugly thing in the wrong hands. Could be worse, imagine if that guy was a cop or something.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:36:10 PM EDT
[#4]
He needs a new blow up sheep.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:36:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I worked for a flaming asshole like that for five years. You just have to wait them out. Keep them as upset as you can. Helps them get cancer, high blood pressure, ect. They all die sooner or later.

rk
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:36:15 PM EDT
[#6]
So, is the lab tech a hottie?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:37:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Prof A. insists SHE "humiliates" HIM by her yelling back at him when he does things like (literally) snaps his fingers and shouts "COME!" when he needs something from her or when he tells her right in front of his class that she is incompetent and should be fired.

< ... >

and has raised holy hell about her all year long and now that the position is to be renewed has vowed to "go back to Saudi Arabia for the year" if she's rehired.

Sounds like that's the source of your problem right there. Is he Muslim and has a problem with women when they don't act like Saudi women under sharia law?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:38:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Hey.. good point/question.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:39:04 PM EDT
[#9]
IDLE THREAT ON HIS PART,  CALL HIS BLUFF

ETA: GIVE THE LAB TECH AN   INFIDEL T SHIRT TO WEAR TO WORK
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:39:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:41:41 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Sounds like she needs to start dating a very large ex con boyfriend who doesn't mind a few weekends in jail in exchange for teaching someone that yelling "Come" to women is bad manners

of course I kid-cough-

Or when he snaps his fingers and shouts "come!" she should tell him it takes more than two fingers to make her.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:41:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Sounds like it's time to find another Professor.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:42:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Shit can em both! You cannot have a pissy attitude primadonna be percieved to 'hold sway' over the administration. Nor do you need psycosis on the payroll.

Draw down on em and kick em too the curb!  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:42:57 PM EDT
[#14]
So you're banging her?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:43:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Tell that whining POS that what works in Saudi Arabia does not work here. We treat women with respect in this Country, and not as indentured servants.....If he doesn't like it or is not willing to adapt, he can go back to milking camels in his homeland.....Actually, I prefer that he do just that (go back to Saudi)....
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:43:30 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey.. good point/question.

well, is she?!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:43:43 PM EDT
[#17]
So he was one of the Arab elite who got to go to the foreign universities.

He probably never had to wipe his own ass growing up.

If it was my biz I'd fire both of them. I don't care for office drama.

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:44:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Send his ass packin'.

Do colleges come under the hostile workplace environment rules?  If so, kick his ass back to Saudi before he becomes a liability.

Who gives a rats ass if you can't find a seasoned prof with two weeks notice?  Bad rubbish is bad rubbish, and from your description, he STINKS!

If he's gonna remain there, someone needs to make it very clear that his inappropiate behavior will NOT be tolerated.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:44:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Sound like the lab tech may have a sexual discrimination case against him and the school.  He needs to be educated on the difference in culture here.  He needs to be flat out told that he is in the wrong and it should go in his record.  If he can't adapt, then send him back to Saudi.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:44:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Call the azssh0le on it and tell him to go back to the sandbox.
Yeah, right, I'm sure he'll go back.

If you let him get away with it this time he'll onlyget worse as time goes by.  
Nip it in the bud now!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:47:18 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Is he Muslim and has a problem with women when they don't act like Saudi women under sharia law?

Bingo.

Quoted:
GIVE THE LAB TECH AN   INFIDEL T SHIRT TO WEAR TO WORK

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:47:37 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Sounds like it's time to find another Professor.

+1.

Fire the fucker.

Oh, wait. I bet he has tenure, right?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:47:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Send him to sensitivity training.  Wouldn't THAT piss off the hippies who run that kind of crap.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:50:48 PM EDT
[#24]
You and the Adminstration run the place, he does not.  

If you allow this "whinner" to dictate to you and the administration, then he can snap his fingers at you and the administration anytime he wants, and over anything he wants.   That, is not acceptable.  

Further, what about lawsuits, workmans comp issues, etc, resulting from and generated by his work place demeanor ?   Where will it end ?

Send him packing.    The other employee does you a good job.   Keep her.   Dump him.   It is that easy.  

Finding another seasoned Professor is irrelevent.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:50:48 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Fire the fucker.

Double bingo.

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:51:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:52:20 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Fire the fucker.

Double bingo.

Fire him anyway, and have a female manager do it in a loud and insulting way.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:52:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Here's my philosophy:

Camel jockies = teh suXX0r!!

Select * FROM Camel Jockies WHERE Coolness =! teh suXX0r!!
0 Rows returned
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:06:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Fire the fucker.  Cancel the classes he was teaching and get him black listed.  It is better for the school to take the one year hit than to allow this fuckstick to ruin the educations of hundreds or thousands of your paying students.  God forbid he should be granted tenure.

Be grateful you don't already have a sexual harassment suit on your hands.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:50:53 PM EDT
[#30]

Dump a plate of pork BBQ in his lap and put raw bacon strips on his car seat. Tell him it's an old Anerican custom to keep women away.

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:57:34 PM EDT
[#31]
You left out the part where he groped the lab technician and told her that she had to do freaky sex things with him.

Remember?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:07:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Fire the prof for cause.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:10:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Sadly, I fear that she will be fired long before he will for obvious reasons. She (the lab tech) needs to immediately keep a written log of every instance where he harassed her, verbally abused her, and/or used inappropriate language or gestures. This includes documenting any witnesses names. She needs to follow up each and every incident with the proper EEO paperwork. This is her only defense against this a**hole...

ETA: Is this c**cksucker a US Citizen or is he here on a work visa? Might want to look into it.....Maybe its expired....or it can be revoked.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:28:09 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Sound like the lab tech may have a sexual discrimination case against him and the school.  He needs to be educated on the difference in culture here.  He needs to be flat out told that he is in the wrong and it should go in his record.  If he can't adapt, then send him back to Saudi.  

Hostile work enviroment.  One of the few things a tenured professor can get thrown out on his ass for.

She need to contact the women's studies dept at the school.  They love a fight there.  Let's see how he likes dealing with six 300 lb lesbians.

+1 for him to go back to Saudi.  Let's give him a range rover and an AK, point him in the desert and instruct him to tell the Americans on the Iraqi border that he's there "to make Jihad on the Americans."
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:40:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Fuck him.  What an asshole!  He is most certainly replaceable...there is NO person who can't be replaced, given the time.

You can have that tenure track too.  

If I had tried that on one of our techs, my lab boss would have had my ass in a heartbeat.  We respected all of them, especially the female tech.

I hope she beefs the prick.  He deserves it.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:41:01 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
You and the Adminstration run the place, he does not.  

If you allow this "whinner" to dictate to you and the administration, then he can snap his fingers at you and the administration anytime he wants, and over anything he wants.   That, is not acceptable.  

Further, what about lawsuits, workmans comp issues, etc, resulting from and generated by his work place demeanor ?   Where will it end ?

Send him packing.    The other employee does you a good job.   Keep her.   Dump him.   It is that easy.  

Finding another seasoned Professor is irrelevent.  

+1

I have only been in management a few years, but I have found that no matter how bad things will be int he short term, in the LONG run you are ALWAYS better off firing the problem employee.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:56:32 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

The lab tech does her job well and her position will be renewed BUT... Professor A. is so adamant that she not be hired he's complained to Administration (who kicks it right back down to me, yippee.) and has raised holy hell about her all year long and now that the position is to be renewed has vowed to "go back to Saudi Arabia for the year" if she's rehired.

Let him go back to Saudi Arabia, and make it so he can't ever come back.

Sounds like the kind of jerkwad that we do not need in the Academic world.

Jim
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:40:00 PM EDT
[#38]
bumped for input from the nightcrew
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:43:06 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Fire the prof for cause.

+1
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:48:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Get the cockroach deported.
Report the cockroach to homeland security for acting "strange"
Or just handle it like John Wayne would do and stomp a mud hole in his ass.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:52:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Hostile work environment...

It seems that most universities keep professors with marginal teaching ability on because they either bring recognition or money to the school.  Regardless, it sounds like you could get him fired for cause.  He's a liability to the school, and setting a piss poor example for students.  Just out of curiosity, what type of courses does he teach?  It sounds like bio chem or physics, but maybe engineering.  

+1 on getting the lab tech to record EVERYTHING so that you have a more solid case.  

Keep in mind that if this douchebag stays on long enough, he might end up running (ruining?) something very large.  Do you really want to risk that?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:59:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Phone call inbound to higher ups at east campus.  Over.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:00:47 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
has vowed to "go back to Saudi Arabia for the year" if she's rehired.

Sounds good to me.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:02:19 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Here's my philosophy:

Camel jockies = teh suXX0r!!

Select * FROM Camel Jockies WHERE Coolness =! teh suXX0r!!
0 Rows returned

damned SQL geeks.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 1:55:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 2:05:34 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
[vent]
...The lab tech does her job well and her position will be renewed BUT... Professor A. is so adamant that she not be hired he's complained to Administration (who kicks it right back down to me, yippee.) and has raised holy hell about her all year long and now that the position is to be renewed has vowed to "go back to Saudi Arabia for the year" if she's rehired. ...
[/vent]

ALL I fucking needed to read. Send his arrogant backward misogynistic muslim ass back home. For good.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 2:08:29 AM EDT
[#47]
Fill his desk with pork.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 2:12:15 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 2:12:56 AM EDT
[#49]
It can't be that hard to fill his postition.  If fact, I'll bet that there are hundreds of American that  would be ready, willing and able to take a cushy, well paying job like that.  

Much as I hate to advocate it, +1 Hostile work environment  She who files first wins.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 2:13:10 AM EDT
[#50]
I'll buy his plane ticket back to the sand box!  Hope one of our guys has fun plinking at him
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top