Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2005 5:07:12 AM EDT
Just wondering, never seen this setup before from these bastards......
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:08:32 AM EDT
[#1]
AK 74 with grenade launcher.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:08:48 AM EDT
[#2]
some type of ak variant with a grenade launcher
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:09:09 AM EDT
[#3]
An Ak with a grenade launcher. flash supressor looks oversize but I couldn't tell you why.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:10:58 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
An Ak with a grenade launcher. flash supressor looks oversize but I couldn't tell you why.

obvioulsy to comply with the Taliban's minimum barrel length requirement

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:12:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Ak-74 with GP-30 40mm grenade launcher
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:12:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Looks like a AK with a GP-30 40mm grenade launcher. No sure of the manufacturer of the AK, might be Russian??
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:12:47 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

That's the AK-74's standard recoil compensator.

Note the dark spot on al-Zawahiri's forehead.  It's a callous from him bowing to a prayer mat.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:15:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Raven,
The GP-30 is fires a 40mm grenade, as per my research.

GP-30

ETA: I see you already caught that......
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:16:20 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Raven,
The GP-30 is fires a 40mm grenade, as per my research.

GP-30

It was a..........typo.  Yeah, that's the ticket.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:45:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Ever notice that the weapons in these videos vary and they are presented in different positions?  I think I remember a Krinkov mounted on a wall in one video behind the nutjob, and another weapon to the left(?) of the nutjob  in another video.

I wonder if the presentation of the weapons is merely a way of establishing legitimacy of themselves as "warriors" or if it is a subtle sign that means something else?

Cheese

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:47:03 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Ever notice that the weapons in these videos vary and they are presented in different positions?  I think I remember a Krinkov mounted on a wall in one video behind the nutjob, and another weapon to the left(?) of the nutjob  in another video.

I wonder if the presentation of the weapons is merely a way of establishing legitimacy of themselves as "warriors" or if it is a subtle sign that means something else?

Cheese

Some say the background sends messages, like a brevity list in a way.
Someone needs to photo shop that and make him look gay and email to al-jezeera and their sister network, DU.

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:47:46 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

nah, thought that too, just normal sized.  probably from the camera.

how accurate are the 74's (and newers ones) compared to the original?  can never get a straight answer on here about that, without a AKvsAR which one is better thread.

thinking about getting or building a bulgarian one.

btw, I've seen that same 74 (might be a different one) in a lot of their videos/pictures within the last year or so.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:49:02 AM EDT
[#13]
It's a weapon that might as well be a non-working prop for all the good it does this piece of shit.  This fuck doesn't do any fighting but sits back and laughs at the stupidity of the poor, brainwashed dumbasses who go off to do their dirty work on behalf of "Allah" for them.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:54:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Note the dark spot on al-Zawahiri's forehead.  It's a callous from him bowing to a prayer mat.

It's my POA.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:29:10 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

c'mon people, that was comedy gold (ok, maybe silver)
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:39:39 AM EDT
[#16]
I was sure those fired 30mm grenades.....hmmmmm
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:46:24 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WRONG!  It's because it's a pre-ban AK that he purchased at a gun show in Cleveland.  We know that from reading all the literature in the press from the Brady Bunch that these terrorists are getting their small arms from private sales at gun shows in the US.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:47:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Photoshopped airsoft.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:58:17 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Give the Dems some time.  They'll have'em regulated soon enough.  baby steps...
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:10:15 AM EDT
[#20]
It looks like the kind of weapon he should have shoved up his arse just before some one pulls the trigger.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:14:34 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
[Note the dark spot on al-Zawahiri's forehead.  It's a callous from him bowing to a prayer mat.

Looks like a aiming point to me.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:17:14 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Serial?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:19:05 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

how accurate are the 74's (and newers ones) compared to the original?  can never get a straight answer on here about that, without a AKvsAR which one is better thread.

btw, I've seen that same 74 (might be a different one) in a lot of their videos/pictures within the last year or so.

74's are awesome. Very light recoil, probably less than an AR. Very controllable on the full-auto I fired. The muzzle break helps a lot, but also creates more concussion when firing. Accuracy on my homebuilt bulgarian 74  is very good for the AK platform, better than my uncle's Romanian 47. I've heard the 5.45x39 round also has a flatter trajectory than the 7.62x39.

Instead of building one from a kit, I'd just buy a nice one from Arsenal. Ever since the ATF started the crackdown on barrel imports, kit prices have been insane.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:26:27 AM EDT
[#24]

"I did not have sexual relations with that Lewinsky woman's camel..."

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:32:44 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No begging.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:45:30 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

"I did not have sexual relations with that Lewinsky woman's camel..."

img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/jasba/050804_alzawahri_hmed_6a7.jpg

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:15:13 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

74's are awesome. Very light recoil, probably less than an AR. Very controllable on the full-auto I fired. The muzzle break helps a lot, but also creates more concussion when firing. Accuracy on my homebuilt bulgarian 74  is very good for the AK platform, better than my uncle's Romanian 47. I've heard the 5.45x39 round also has a flatter trajectory than the 7.62x39.

Instead of building one from a kit, I'd just buy a nice one from Arsenal. Ever since the ATF started the crackdown on barrel imports, kit prices have been insane.

the only thing that I have an issue with in buying one (which I probably still will), is the availability of different makers of ammunition.  All I've found or seen is Wolf and Barnaul.  Wolf has the long bullet design, obviously to tumble when it hits someone, but I've heard it's also about as accurate as their 7.62x39.  Barnaul is said to make good stuff, but the size of the bullet looks like a 223, and if you hit someone with that in a self-defense scenario, it would be like shooting someone with a .22lr.

am I wrong on this?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:17:16 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ROFLMAO...I don't feel as stupid now knowing my enemies have the same stupid restrictions as I do .

Ben
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:27:37 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

the only thing that I have an issue with in buying one (which I probably still will), is the availability of different makers of ammunition.  All I've found or seen is Wolf and Barnaul.  Wolf has the long bullet design, obviously to tumble when it hits someone, but I've heard it's also about as accurate as their 7.62x39.  Barnaul is said to make good stuff, but the size of the bullet looks like a 223, and if you hit someone with that in a self-defense scenario, it would be like shooting someone with a .22lr.

am I wrong on this?

There was an interview with a Russian SOF guy who said "The 5.45 killed guys just as dead as thje 7.62". It works if you do the part. I'd get a Bulgarian kit and send it to JNEWT if I was looking for a really good looking AK that shot well.  For me though I go with 7.62, because sometime in the future I will go hog/deer hunting and the 7.62 works for that. Plus the 7.62x39 is domestically made, whereas the 545 is not.

Ben
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:39:05 AM EDT
[#30]
dbl
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:39:35 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top