Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2005 4:59:31 AM EDT
Isnt it published somewhere?
I bet he's not really on "vacation" just working from home. This vacation complaining is bugging me because I know he's still doing all the security briefings and stuff like that. He's just not shaking any hands or doing any bullshit meetings with people he doesnt NEED to see.
Fuck, arent the Senators going on a long vacation? What's their excuse?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:02:43 AM EDT
[#1]
He was mocked less than a year into his presidency for taking a month off.  Bush is criticized for exercising like a demon, then the press calls him lazy for taking time off in August, which is the month when most of the opinion and decision makers in the world take their time off.

So he's either an obsessive exercise fiend or a lazy fuck.  Which is it?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:27:34 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
He was mocked less than a year into his presidency for taking a month off.  Bush is criticized for exercising like a demon, then the press calls him lazy for taking time off in August, which is the month when most of the opinion and decision makers in the world take their time off.

The beauty of being a liberal is that you can have absolutely contradictory positions on everything and no one will call you on it.

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:37:27 AM EDT
[#3]
I've always felt that the President does his job 24 hours a day.  Nothing gets done in Washington in August anyway because nobody is there.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:40:45 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I've always felt that the President does his job 24 hours a day.  Nothing gets done in Washington in August anyway because nobody is there.

Appointments happen in August......
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:44:47 AM EDT
[#5]
congress is on recess, scotus is adjourned(?), even .mil personnel are on leave or pcs'ing. plus, i saw bush down in crawford clearing underbrush...not my frigging idea of a vacation, clearing scrub brush and dodging rattlers in 120 deg heat in tejas... it's exactly like jw777 sez...
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:47:49 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I'M HERE!!

I do Congress related work.  I am in my office 9 to 5 every day, 5 days a week.  Even when Congress is IN, I often feel like I'm the only one with a full time job. Call the average Congressional scheduler on a monday or friday.  IF they come in at all, it's an act of GOD to get them there before noon, and that's when Congress is IN session.  You can imagine what's it's like now.  Same goes for the legislative staff half the time.  

Granted, when Congress is in, they can have some late nights...but that's due mainly to the fact that the House Schedule is now basically Tues 6:00pm to Thurusday pm sometime.  If it's not right before a district work period, most of the guys blow out of town around 2:00 on Thursday...you do NOT want to be between them and the exits at that time lol.  

In the old days, you had 3 full days to do business...now it's down to 1 1/2...all day Wednesday, and half of Thursday....that's it.  

Oh well, at least I have plenty of time to up my post count hehe.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:02:44 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'M HERE!!

I do Congress related work.  I am in my office 9 to 5 every day, 5 days a week.  Even when Congress is IN, I often feel like I'm the only one with a full time job. Call the average Congressional scheduler on a monday or friday.  IF they come in at all, it's an act of GOD to get them there before noon, and that's when Congress is IN session.  You can imagine what's it's like now.  Same goes for the legislative staff half the time.  

Granted, when Congress is in, they can have some late nights...but that's due mainly to the fact that the House Schedule is now basically Tues 6:00pm to Thurusday pm sometime.  If it's not right before a district work period, most of the guys blow out of town around 2:00 on Thursday...you do NOT want to be between them and the exits at that time lol.  

In the old days, you had 3 full days to do business...now it's down to 1 1/2...all day Wednesday, and half of Thursday....that's it.  

I'd rather have them do almost nothing....because everytime Congress does something...it's screwed up or screws US. Gridlock can be a good thing. How many laws are on the books now? You'd think they'd have better things to focus on, than every hot button issue that already has some kind of law associated with it. But, if you aren't passing stuff, the perception is, you aren't doing anything. Pretty soon, there won't be one thing you do during your day where you are not breaking a law somewhere.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:08:35 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'M HERE!!

Soundes like they should be getting part time pay for part time work then. They should be working Mon AM to Fri til at least noon; if they need to go home they can grab a late flight Friday and come back to DC  late Sunday. They are being paid to be in DC WORKING.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:09:16 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I'd rather have them do almost nothing....because everytime Congress does something...it's screwed up or screws US. Gridlock can be a good thing. How many laws are on the books now? You'd think they'd have better things to focus on, than every hot button issue that already has some kind of law associated with it. But, if you aren't passing stuff, the perception is, you aren't doing anything. Pretty soon, there won't be one thing you do during your day where you are not breaking a law somewhere.

No shit, eventually they should be able to pass all the laws we need.

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:11:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Hey, remind me how many days John Kerry was actually working on the Senate floor
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:16:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:29:00 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The beauty of being a liberal is that you can have absolutely contradictory positions on everything and no one will call you on it.

That's because everyone expects you to be illogical since the vast majority of your philosphy is based on how you feel rather than what makes sense.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:38:51 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'M HERE!!

"Congress related work?"  Can you be more vague?  j/k.  I do "Congress related work" too, but it's probably a little different than what you do.  At least it will be a little more quite on the hill for the next month, and the staffers won't be so damn uptight
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:07:50 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I'd be quite willing to pay them to stay home and never do anything.

+1. If you can swing that deal (after they pass a universal sunset act), I'm in for an extra $1200 a year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top