Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2005 9:35:42 AM EDT
Just wondering.  It took forever the other day.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:36:35 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Just wondering.  It took forever the other day.  

You win.

HS1
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:36:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't know.  I work for my money.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:36:49 AM EDT
[#3]
??
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:37:54 AM EDT
[#4]
My dad has always worked himself to the bone to support my family, and he set a great example for his two kids.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:38:49 AM EDT
[#5]
had to wait in the cheese line forever when i was growing up.

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:38:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Do you mean at the store or at the office.

Wish I got welfare, Id have a pitbull and use my foodstamps to feed it only T-bones, Id have soo much free stuff with my foodstamps Id have to have my friend drive my other Cadillac to the store because it wont all fit in one.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:39:02 AM EDT
[#7]
WTF

Welfare line?

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:39:29 AM EDT
[#8]
if you're welfare you have nothing else to do all day
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:41:07 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
if you're welfare you have nothing else to do all day

Watch TV, polish the rims on your new car, sell the drugs the goverment pays for you to get so you can buy speakers for your new car.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:41:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Hour or so, and hating every minute of it
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:42:31 AM EDT
[#11]
"Well I ain’t got nothing but the shirt on my back and an old two-button suit
I walked out of my job about a week ago and I’m sleeping in a telephone booth
But I’m a-gonna be the richest guy around the day you say your mine
I got the hungries for your love and I’m waiting in your welfare line."

Buck Owens
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:43:18 AM EDT
[#12]
i think he means the line at the grocery store where it seems everyone is on welfare...except you.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:47:57 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
i think he means the line at the grocery store where it seems everyone is on welfare...except you.

Thats everyday here, I normally just abandon the stuff if its too bad, you got 4 people with 2 carts each, wither thier kids MoCheck and TuCheck (hes special he gets 2 checks) yelling screaming and throwing stuff.  I just leave and remind myself that I dont deserve food today, If I was on welfare I would, I wouldnt have to go to work either, just sit on my ass and live better then I do now if I was on welfare.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:51:47 AM EDT
[#14]

Never on the dole, though I've been qualified to more than once.  If I can make ramen in an old coffe pot and live on it, so can anybody else.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:55:51 AM EDT
[#15]
The funny thing is that the self-checkouts
at the Shaws all accept the food stamp
"debit cards."

Wouldn't want those who are getting free
food to be inconvienced.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:56:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Wow, some responses here surprise me a bit.

I don't mind "welfare" used in the way it was intended- to help people get by 'til they can get back on their feet again. That some people turn it into a career is what angers me. For up to a few months, OK... But you gotta get a flippin' job (or two) doing whatever it takes to make ends meet.

/yes I know what government cheese tastes like and yes, for a short time in the 80s after my parents divorced we were on government assistance. Then my grandma found out and stepped in and said "none of my children will ever be on government assistance" and when my mom needed help, she helped. (God rest my grandma, one of the coolest people ever)
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:58:53 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
"debit cards."

food to be inconvienced.

I want to get a front for my debit card so it will look like Im on foodstamps so people will think I have money.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:59:19 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Let's hope so...
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:04:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Never been in the welfare line myself.

I'm White so I'd automatically be denied even if I really did need them anyway. Here in AZ, welfare is stricly for filthy illegal aliens.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:06:04 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I just leave and remind myself that I dont deserve food today,

Cheer up dude.  That's no way to think.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:08:27 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Never been in the welfare line myself.

I'm White so I'd automatically be denied even if I really did need them anyway. Here in AZ, welfare is stricly for filthy illegal aliens.

Same here, they dont like giving it out if your white.  Known a few people to try but they alawys get denied or they want them to go apply for 16 jobs and come back by the end of the day.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:09:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Think its bad at the grocery store go to a pharmacy.

People who pay for their health insurance (even if your job covers it, you still indirectly pay) usually have limits on drugs covered and co-pays can run into $50-60 range. To get certain drugs you and your doctors need to jump through more hoops than at a dog show.

Most welfare programs cover nearly every med marketed  for next to no co-pay. If they can't afford the $1.00 co-pay, they don't even have to pay it (federal law).

I'd say only half are good folk that ran into some problem and need some temporary help.

The other half are selling their oxycontin at $20 each compliments of the US taxpayers.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:35:25 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
"debit cards."

food to be inconvienced.

I went to Papa Murphy's pizza place here the other day and there is a HUGE sign like freaking 2 1/2 feet by 4 feet saying "EBT Electrronic Benefits Cards Now Accepted" Pissed me the hell off!
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:36:29 AM EDT
[#24]
take that time and look for a fucking job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:36:58 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Don't know.  I work for my money.

+1,000,000!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:39:23 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
"debit cards."

food to be inconvienced.

I went to Papa Murphy's pizza place here the other day and there is a HUGE sign like freaking 2 1/2 feet by 4 feet saying "EBT Electrronic Benefits Cards Now Accepted" Pissed me the hell off!

They had those stickers on the Krispy Kreme doughnuts too, aslo the sub place takes EBT.

There is a hair salon that accepts EBT too.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:43:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top