Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2005 1:17:37 PM EDT
Yesterday I interviewed for a teaching position, special ed, 5th-8th grade emotionally disturbed kids.  

This morning they called me, after cancelling the rest of the interviews... I got the job!!!!!  I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!  Tomorrow I will go see my new classroom, etc., and I start on Monday!

So, tonight is champagne night to celebrate!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:18:31 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Yesterday I interviewed for a teaching position, special ed, 5th-8th grade emotionally disturbed kids.  

This morning they called me, after cancelling the rest of the interviews... I got the job!!!!!  I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!  Tomorrow I will go see my new classroom, etc., and I start on Monday!

So, your ARFCOM experience should help you immensely with that.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:19:00 PM EDT
[#2]

Congrats Mami!

Great news
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:19:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Congratulations!!!  It feels great to get a new job.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:20:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

See what hanging out on ARFCOM has prepared you for?!?!

Congratulations, good luck, and thank you for being dedicated to serving a very special segment of the population that needs a little extra attention and patience from very kind and loving people like yourself!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:21:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Congrats

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:21:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:22:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

WOOT!

Congrats MM!

Here's a Snoopy:

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:23:14 PM EDT
[#8]
All right!  Good luck!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:30:24 PM EDT
[#9]
YAY!

Congrats.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:32:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Good luck with it.

I have this feeling I will be jobless tomorrow with no options
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:36:18 PM EDT
[#11]
So you're going to be a GD Mod.

Congrats on the job
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:36:38 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
special ed, 5th-8th grade emotionally disturbed kids.  

I know I could never do that job.  Good teachers, especially special ed, alternative school, special needs, etc., are so critically needed.  Thank you for what you do!!  
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:37:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Congratulations!!!  
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:39:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Congrats!  I have a long time friend who has been teaching kids with "special needs" for years.

The experience has really hardened her.  She started out as a dewy-eyed little kumbaya liberal, out to save the small and in need...and now she swears like a sailor when she talks about the little monsters in her class.

All the luck...really!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:40:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Teaching is an admirable profession!

(From the proud Hubby of a Elementary Gifted Teacher!)

ETA I'd wait till after tenure to chat up your coworkers about AR15s and posing with them and such!  
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:42:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Congrats!  Good Job! w00t!  Patty
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:46:50 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Isn't that similar to being a mod for GD?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:47:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Congrats!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:48:05 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

GD Mod pays better.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:52:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Congrats
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:54:30 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

GD Mod pays better.

Ouch and Ouch.

*cuss, fling poo, pout*
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:54:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Special ED ... YAAAY!  

"I n'luvv techers!"

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:55:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Cool........
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:55:42 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:06:14 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=28494

I'll see your two soccer pansies and raise you two baseball fags ...
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:13:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Congrats.  A paycheck is always nice.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:13:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Good for you M_M, best wishes and much success!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:18:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Thanks for all the congratulations!  I am so thrilled about this job, and can't wait to start!

Quoted:
Congrats.  A paycheck is always nice.

That's the DOWN side... I won't get my first check until the end of SeptemberThat makes me 3 months between paychecks.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:21:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Congrats!  Let the congregation say w00t!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:25:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Congratualtions on the new job.  It takes a special person to be a teacher, an even more special person to work with children such as the ones you will soon be with.  My hat is off to you M_M, I wish you much success.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:53:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Thanks!  I'm going to see my new school and new classroom today.  I actually start work on Monday, and the students start the following Monday.

I am sooooooooooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!

I get to go Back-to-School shopping for the first time in three years!  Mmmmm... school supplies!
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:03:13 AM EDT
[#32]
Congratulations and thx. for what you do. It was nice to meet you Sat at Frisco, even tho it was brief, i had been called in to work and had to scoot. Later, Wayne B.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:06:23 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Congratulations and thx. for what you do. It was nice to meet you Sat at Frisco, even tho it was brief, i had been called in to work and had to scoot. Later, Wayne B.

Nice to meet you, too! (If you ever want to go shoot, give me a shout!)
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:08:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Nice job!  

Congrats!
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:11:03 AM EDT
[#35]
Kick ass!!!!

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:18:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Congrats!!!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:39:16 PM EDT
[#37]
OMG, you should see my classroom!!!!  Emergency yellow wall (yes, the same color they paint curbs with) and purple carpet.    

Went today and got some lovely shades of blue, and tomorrow the room becomes my own personal slice of heaven.  Next, I need to pick out fabric and make curtains.  

I am so excited about this school year!  My students all have horrible home lives, and I am really looking forward to giving them a stable, caring environment, and showing them that there really ARE adults in this world who truly care about them and will go out on a limb to help them succeed.

I have two teaching assistants, who both are awesome.  One has been in this position for two years, the other is new, but both are dedicated enough that they were willing to come in today (none of us are paid for this week) and again tomorrow and Saturday to help get our room together.  The principal is great, too, and very willing to help us integrate into the regular school population.

I really feel very lucky to have gotten this job, and to be part of such a great team.  Together, we will make sure that these kids have the best school year they've ever had!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:01:36 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
OMG, you should see my classroom!!!! Emergency yellow wall (yes, the same color they paint curbs with) and purple carpet.   AAAHHHH!!!

Went today and got some lovely shades of blue, and tomorrow the room becomes my own personal slice of heaven.  Next, I need to pick out fabric and make curtains.  Might I suggest pink ? It's supposed to be a soothing color IIRC.

I really feel very lucky to have gotten this job, and to be part of such a great team.  Together, we will make sure that these kids have the best school year they've ever had!

I hope it goes great for you M_M.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:06:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Why on earth are you going to redecorate GD.  GB is going to be pissed after all the work he did in upgrading the site.  

Are the MOD powers getting to you.
Congrats again on the job.

Quoted:
OMG, you should see my classroom!!!!  Emergency yellow wall (yes, the same color they paint curbs with) and purple carpet.    

Went today and got some lovely shades of blue, and tomorrow the room becomes my own personal slice of heaven.  Next, I need to pick out fabric and make curtains.  

I am so excited about this school year!  My students all have horrible home lives, and I am really looking forward to giving them a stable, caring environment, and showing them that there really ARE adults in this world who truly care about them and will go out on a limb to help them succeed.

I have two teaching assistants, who both are awesome.  One has been in this position for two years, the other is new, but both are dedicated enough that they were willing to come in today (none of us are paid for this week) and again tomorrow and Saturday to help get our room together.  The principal is great, too, and very willing to help us integrate into the regular school population.

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:11:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Good luck Mami !!!

You gonna teach them  how to skip?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:13:10 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

So Mami, you will have a lot of us in your class.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:37:31 AM EDT
[#42]
Congrats!
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:23:35 AM EDT
[#43]
Congratulations.
My boss (wife) did that before she spawned little me's and she came home tired and needed a release alot.  She dealt with the violent types but found it rewarding.  So make sure you have a good release.  Good to know a friendly face will be helping little ones.

Well done.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:28:05 AM EDT
[#44]
w00t!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top