Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2005 9:44:47 AM EDT
Hey, all the Duke fans out there...two never before released on video movies came out today...Island in the Sky, and The High and the Mighty...

High and Mighty being a 2-discer, with commentaries and lots of extras, plenty of extras on Islam in the Sky too.

Picked 'em both up at lunch...on sale for $14.99 and $9.99. Both have been restored and remastered.

Can't wait to watch them!

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:48:32 AM EDT
[#1]
ah.......John Wayne, he killed more indians than small pox, with a saa colt and winnie carbine that  never needed to be reloaded, still like most of his movies though.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:50:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Where did you find them? Is "The high and the mighty" a Western?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:57:55 AM EDT
[#3]
They have been showing those two movies on AMC for a couple of weeks now.

Islands in the sky is a military plane crash in the Artic.

The other is a civilian airplane crash movie, also.

Both are pretty good if you are Duke fans.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:58:26 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Where did you find them? Is "The high and the mighty" a Western?

I got both of them at Media Play...I would think any good size DVD retailer would have them, today is the release date.

Both are aviation movies...Island in the Sky is a military transport that goes down, and its the story of their survival afterwards...

High and Mighty has the Duke as an ex-military pilot, relegated to co-pilot duties on commercial aircraft and saving the day (I think, I never have seen either!) on a flight...ala the Airport movies I guess...both were made in the '53 '54 time frame....
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:01:49 AM EDT
[#5]
 Thanks! I'll have to go over to Media Play when I get out of work.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:12:58 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Hey, all the Duke fans out there...two never before released on video movies came out today...Island in the Sky, and The High and the Mighty...

High and Mighty being a 2-discer, with commentaries and lots of extras, plenty of extras on Islam in the Sky too.

Picked 'em both up at lunch...on sale for $14.99 and $9.99. Both have been restored and remastered.

The Duke vs. ROP hijackers?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:15:06 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Duke vs. ROP hijackers?

Ooops, Freudian slip there I guess...although I would pay money to see that movie!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:17:28 AM EDT
[#8]
taggage
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top