Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2005 2:05:36 AM EDT
http://www.thisislondon.com/news/articles/PA_NEWA3088221122815454A0?source=PA%20Feed&ct=5

Alert over fears of third attack
2 August 2005

Police are still on high alert in London amid fears that a third terrorist cell could be plotting another strike on the capital.

Thousands of officers have been on the streets and guarding Tube and overland rail stations.

It came as the huge security operation continued, despite all four suspected would-be bombers from July 21 being in custody.

Security sources have reportedly told The Times newspaper that a third group, believed to be made up of British-born Muslims, was on the verge of staging an attack on the Tube system last week.

The men are thought to be of Pakistani origin, and have links with the Leeds-based terrorist cell which carried out the July 7 bombings which killed more than 50 people.

However, a spokeswoman for the Metropolitan Police said that the possible existence of a third team of bombers was "media speculation".

"We can't guarantee that there won't be a third attack, but we have never talked about a third cell."

She added: "We are remaining vigilant and operations continue."

British Transport Police have been targeting specific ethnic groups for "intelligence-led" stop-and-searches as part of their heightened security measures.

BTP Chief Constable Ian Johnston said that his officers would not "waste time searching old white ladies".
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:23:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Do you know who Norman Mineta is?  He's the Secretary of Transaportation.

He's also a descendent of Japanese citizens interred after Pearl Harbor.  He explicitly sees a parallel between suspecting Middle Eastern men as being potential terrorists with the internment of Japanese-American citizens in WWII.

As long as he's the Secretary of Transportation, old white women from Iowa will be considered as dire a threat to airlines as young middle eastern men.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:27:45 AM EDT
[#2]
The easiest way to sneak a suicide bomb on an aircraft would be to wear a turbine and put on a fake beard.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:56:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Norman Mineta is a liberal POS leftover from the Klinton administration. WTF is he even holding office for? Never mind, don't answer that......

Although hindsight is 20/20, it was never proven that ANY Japanese-Americans interred during WWII posed a threat to the U.S.
However, it HAS been shown that some Muslim/Arab citizens living here mean us harm: witness the New York 7 (or 5 or whatever), the Kalifornia crew of recent months, Ayman Farris (Ohio truck driver), etc. And those not directly involved may be aiding and abetting the perps by hiding them or knowing of their presence but keeping mum about it, kind of a wink-and-a-nod role. While I'm not advocating internment camps for Muslims/Arabs, I AM saying that a little common sense profiling will tighten the screws. We're not talking about targeting some black guy who may or may not have crack. We're talking about stopping asswipes intent on killing thousands (as they've done once already).    
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:57:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:00:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:01:04 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The easiest way to sneak a suicide bomb on an aircraft would be to wear a turbine and put on a fake beard.

If I see a guy with one of these babies on his head I'm out of there!

www.pr.afrl.af.mil/divisions/prt/images/turbine.jpg

HAHA!

busted.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:14:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Atomic batteries to power, turbines to speed!

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:18:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Turbine.  I think there are at least 4 on eack plane, usually on the outer most of edge of the wing.  There hard to spot if you look close you can see'em.  Makes me very nervous...........
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:35:05 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Turbine.  I think there are at least 4 on eack plane, usually on the outer most of edge of the wing.  There hard to spot if you look close you can see'em.  Makes me very nervous...........

You don't know shit about aircraft do you?

And what is "eack"?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:43:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:51:33 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Always good to see anal retention isn't a problem on ARFCOM.

Isn't it?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:55:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Political Correctness Runs Amuck
from: www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2004600000-2005350274,00.html

Police to raid in socks

POLICE have been told they must show respect by taking their SHOES OFF before raiding the homes of Muslim terror suspects.

It was one of 18 rules laid down in new guidelines for officers in Luton — a hotbed of Islamic fundamentalism.

Stolen from a Glocktalk-Coptalk thread
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:49:50 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If I see a guy with one of these babies on his head I'm out of there!

www.pr.afrl.af.mil/divisions/prt/images/turbine.jpg

oh man best typo ever.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:01:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:24:42 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Political Correctness Runs Amuck
from: www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2004600000-2005350274,00.html

Police to raid in socks

POLICE have been told they must show respect by taking their SHOES OFF before raiding the homes of Muslim terror suspects.

It was one of 18 rules laid down in new guidelines for officers in Luton — a hotbed of Islamic fundamentalism.

Stolen from a Glocktalk-Coptalk thread

Does this mean they'll be issued jack socks?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:31:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Let's face it fellas, racial profiling works, like it or not.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:34:08 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Although hindsight is 20/20, it was never proven that ANY Japanese-Americans interred during WWII posed a threat to the U.S.

Sure there were.

Then again, there were plenty of Germans (and others) who thought the Nazis were just dandy. Pretty big anti-war protests on that end.
Not that such things justify the internment of all Japanese-Americans when we pretty much let vocal pro Nazi Americans run about, but pro-Japan Americans who would've happily supported a Japanese victory did exist.  
Of course there were plenty of Japanese who did quite heroic things for our side.

On topic, I of course support "intellegence based" profiling. If your intel says the threat is a couple guys from Pakistan, why look at people who don't look Pakistani? Then again, you can't get totally "racially" focused because not every Muslim extremist looks like he just walked out of a sandstorm(see: Asian muslims, African muslims, Chechans, guys like John Walker Lindh, etc).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top