Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2005 6:05:00 PM EDT
Does anyone have any experiences with Cannon safes?  I'm contemplating getting one of their safes.  It's part of the American Eagle line.

I like their warranty terms and they seem to be a very good value.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:39:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:42:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I would recommend them.  I have had one for about 5 years and wonder now what I did before I owned one.  They have the best warranty/etc for the money.  I already did the homework.  Go for it.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:47:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I would recommend them.  I have had one for about 5 years and wonder now what I did before I owned one.  They have the best warranty/etc for the money.  I already did the homework.  Go for it.  

+1   had mine for 6 years and love the digital key pad.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:51:09 AM EDT
[#4]
great.... Unless you spend 1200+ it seems like the majority of the safes are pretty much the same.  At <1200price point the biggest thing that differentiates them is the warranty, which Cannon wins hands down.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:53:35 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
great.... Unless you spend 1200+ it seems like the majority of the safes are pretty much the same.  At <1200price point the biggest thing that differentiates them is the warranty, which Cannon wins hands down.  

Lifetime In Home warranty. What good is a safe warranty if you have to bring it to a locksmith for repairs?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:54:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Very happy with mine
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:40:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Go for it, you won't be disappointed.  The American Eagle line is high quality.  I love mine.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:09:32 AM EDT
[#8]
check out champion also.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:05:44 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
check out champion also.

I've checked into Champion.  They do have some nice stuff.  The Cannon warranty is what swayed me away...
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:07:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Have you checked into Ft Knox?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:09:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Some models of Cannon have hinges that are extremely easy to compromise.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:12:04 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

REally?

My hinges are on the interior?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:13:19 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Have you checked into Ft Knox?

I've looked into FT KNox.  They're very very very nice but also pricey.  Most all the Ft Knox safes I've seen have been $1200 and up.  That too much for me.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:14:11 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I've been looking at the lower priced Cannon's.  All the models I've seen have had internal hinges.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:24:38 AM EDT
[#15]
My personal oppinions is that you will not likely need the warenty on any well made safe...  I would look at the construction, size, and price and decide from there...  I have a Browning Morgan and a Liberty Franklin safe.  Both are darned heavy when loaded and it would be one frustrated thief that tries to get into either of them...  The sad part is that I may need to buy a third safe after I get all my parts kits built but I prefer the divide and secure method to the single monster safe approach...

Besides, guns like ARs, AKs, FALs just don't sit in a gun safe really well...  they just need more room then the makers of gun safes assume they should need...
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 12:40:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Had one for 5+ years, replace the battery once per year, no probs to report.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 12:48:03 PM EDT
[#17]
love mine.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:12:00 PM EDT
[#18]
I do not like the way the door opens
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:03:02 PM EDT
[#19]
CANNON CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS!!!!!!!

I don't car how good they claim their warranty is, it is absolute garbage if they don't honor it.

I had a pin that holds the locking bar come loose, back out and dig a groove in the door on the inside. The ONLY thing Cannon did was send some fuckin' clown to put a new design piece in. I called them for 3 months trying to get them to fix the door (replace would be the right thing to do.) Not only could I not get them to send someone even after the so called locksmith agreed with me, but I couldn't even get them on the phone after a couple of times.

They do NOT take calls. All calls are answered by a machine and then if they feel like it, they will call you back. Once they figured out I was pissed and not going to take no for an answer, they stopped returning my calls.

FUCK CANNON SAFES!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:39:36 PM EDT
[#20]
I prefer Amsec over most everyone else... I do not like the the wall and door thickness spec's on the Cannon.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:54:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:23:54 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm picking one up in a week or two from the local Dunhams. It's the 22 or 23 model one with the digital keypad. I have only looked around at prices I could find locally and it was the best deal I've seen by far for the size. I'm relieved I won't have to use my craptastic Stack On locker anymore.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top