Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/31/2005 4:39:56 PM EDT
For my dad's birthday, I'd like to have a case of red wine shipped to him in Florida. Anyone have suggestions for either a wine or a company to deal with?
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 4:40:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Maddog 20/20 the finest urban drink.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 4:43:31 PM EDT
[#2]
What does he like.  One of my favorites came from a little town a couple hours from where I lived in Italy.    The town, and the wine, is Montelpulciano.  The better wines from that area are called Vino Nobile di Montelpulciano.  It is a medium red and drinkable with everything from steaks to seafood.  I haven't had one from a bad vineyard in the region yet.

If you don't mind French wine, Chateau Neuf de Pape, from what was formerly the Papal vineyard in Avignon is also very good.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 4:48:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Depending on the budget, I could suggest several nice Californians, a Killer (but big $$$ German vintage) or you could go with Yellow Tail Chiraz-Savignion... best bang for the $.

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 4:48:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I interviewed the owner on my show a month ago, and this guy and his wines are fabulous.  

I would strongly recommend getting a case from him, and your Dad's going to love whatever you choose.

www.circlesvineyards.com/index.html

HH
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 4:48:53 PM EDT
[#5]
David Bruce, Pinot Noir.

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 4:49:19 PM EDT
[#6]
... Absolutely the best wine under $50/bottle

Frank Family 2001 Cabernet Sauvignon

www.frankfamilyvineyards.com/index.jsp
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 4:56:20 PM EDT
[#7]
SHIPPED to Florida? Don't the fine businessmen who are involved in the wine business in Florida need to sent their kids to college? C'mon, what do you want to spend? Jarvis makes an exellent Cabernet. Go to jarviswines.com I know, I get my pick. You'll spend about $75 a bottle. Green Point Shiraz(2002) if you can find it. Wolf Blass Cabernet, for around $12 a bottle is good to. Ahhhh, so many good wines, only so many places to stack it!
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 6:12:21 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
[ You'll spend about $75 a bottle.

$75 a bottle!! The guy spanked me for something my sister did once!
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 6:13:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Austrailian red wines are pretty darn good.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 6:17:08 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
[ You'll spend about $75 a bottle.

$75 a bottle!! The guy spanked me for something my sister did once!

c'mon! Mama loves shoes!
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 6:18:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top