Link Posted: 7/15/2001 12:57:01 AM EDT
[#1]
BULLETS FIRST MUTHERF**KERS!!!
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 12:59:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 1:52:48 AM EDT
[#3]
That's f&cked up.

I wonder how much Semtek I could shove in a pistol mag.

Link Posted: 7/15/2001 2:17:51 AM EDT
[#4]
that is just f*cking messed up

[img]http://www.isra.org/swat224.jpg[/img]

were from the state were here to help
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 2:47:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Illinois law requires a valid FOID card to possess a firearm. I assume they intentionally targeted some poor old man they knew wouldn't give any problems. The ISRA should jump on this with both feet.
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 2:48:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 3:56:30 AM EDT
[#7]
I just have that warm fuzzy free feeling, knowing that the government works so hard to enforce color of law!

Nothing short of outright revolution up there can correct this!
TYRANNOCTUNUS
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 4:01:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Problem is, there is no shortage of LEO's that are willing to do the dirty work. Which justifies (to me) most of the LEO bashing that goes on.

Link Posted: 7/15/2001 4:15:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Bobby Vincent:
Problem is, there is no shortage of LEO's that are willing to do the dirty work. Which justifies (to me) most of the LEO bashing that goes on.

View Quote

Sir, I must argue that is not the problem, just and excuse, and please do not be offended!

In the real world I see men fight over football games, but use the excuse that we should seek peaceful resolve in our battle to keep our arms! This is just a cop out, for an Americans arms are not the same as most others arms worldwide, they are tools that won our freedom, that serve as a deterent to would be tyrants, and when those would be's rear their ugly head, then it is time for all good men to put them down by force of arms when all else fails! THE NUMBER IS STAGGERING, AMERICANS CITIZENS ARMED OUTNUMBER EVEN THE LARGEST STANDING ARMIES!

Well sir, all else has failed! Tyrants toss crumbs from the table, gun owners get happy over the crumbs, then the tyrant takes back more than they gave, with the gunowners then thinking there is hope! This scheme is as old as the world, and still works today, for people have not learned from their own history!

Americans will not fight, for they have nothing to fight for, and many sir, even echo the enemies dis-information in relation to militia as the enemy of the state! WHY? The militia, the people themselves are the militia, disarm them and they will be subservant!

Take pride in knowing there are militias nationwide that are better equipped and trained that most LEO's, and some even give seminars on how to use any enemies weapons and logistics against them, good country America, at least for some!

TYRANNOCTUNUS
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 4:33:28 AM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

The cops will easily go along with this since most think we citizens aren't capable in protecting ourselves.

This Illinois thing really shouldn't surprise anyone as the ultimite goal is to rid all citizens of their firearms.  Voting and writing letters won't help eather, the politions have thier own aggenda and really don't care what we think anymore.  The best plan is to have "something" without a paper trail that is out of "sight".

The day is coming soon when you will need it....be prepared.

sgtar15
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 4:53:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
BULLETS FIRST MUTHERF**KERS!!!
View Quote

[blue]Knock knock...[/blue]

[green]Who's there...[/green]

[blue]ATF, we're commin to get your guns, open the door...  [/blue]

[green] Just a minute,please...  [/green]
[uzi]   [pistol]
[uzi]   [pistol]
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 5:12:29 AM EDT
[#12]
This Illinois deal is not the "LEO's" fault.
LEO's must follow "lawful" orders or get canned.

Let's all be careful of our posts - you can bet
the IBF and FTAB monitor this and all similar
boards.  (There was a "sting" op on one board not more than three weeks ago.)
Be [8)]
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 5:19:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Hank, what was the reaction of the media - if any [?]
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 5:19:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
[8)]
View Quote

No it's not thier fault, but these are not lawful orders are they??  And they would rather keep there damn job then make a stand which is a large part of the problem.  Because if they would refuse then there wouldn't be anyone left to carry out the (unlawful) law would there?

[b]By the fact that they are willing to carry out this action makes them part of the problem!![/b]

[-!-]THEM!!

sgtar15
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 5:22:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
[8)]
View Quote

No it's not thier fault, but these are not lawful orders are they??  And they would rather keep there damn job then make a stand which is a large part of the problem.  Because if they would refuse then there wouldn't be anyone left to carry out the (unlawful) law would there?

[b]By the fact that they are willing to carry out this action makes them part of the problem!![/b]

[-!-]THEM!!

sgtar15
View Quote

THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE! Yes, they lable you the bad guy now for speaking the truth, but hey, you are not alone!
TYRANNOCTUNUS
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 6:00:08 AM EDT
[#16]
If I read Hank's post correctly, the LEO's are
being sent to collect guns from those with expired FOID's.  Hank further explains that gun
registration began in the early 1980's - must
have been blessed with some idiotic law.

I find myself in a very uncomfortable position -
appearing to defend firearm confiscation.  Please allow me to assure everyone nothing could be further from the truth.

I just don't want to see LEO's or any other group blamed for the actions of politicians.  Now if this duty is voluntary, to **l with those
LEO's !!

Finally and coldly I say to us all - "Isn't this
a failure of the people ?"  Someone had to elect
the scum that passed the governing law.

Cheap shot-opportunities abound here but is not
the "Cook County" group the same or descendants
of the same group that sold the election to
Joe/Jack Kennedy ??
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 6:51:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 6:54:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Seems like LEOs in more and more areas are going to be faced with a "Hobson's Choice". It might very well mean choosing between being fired for disobeying their political handlers, or being shot in the back from ambush for violating a basic right. Choice seems simple to me. Do the right thing and live. Do the wrong thing and die. Problem is, Officer A might do the wrong thing and cause Officer B might pay with his life for it. I guess if you lie down with dogs, you may very well get up with fleas. Of course, Officer B won't get up at all thanks to Officer A.
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 6:57:23 AM EDT
[#19]
What? It is their fault for carrying out illegal and unlawful orders. Obviously this doesn't appy to LEO's in general but just those bunch of crimminals who think they are serving and protecting citizens.
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 7:03:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Let's all be careful of our posts - you can bet
the IBF and FTAB monitor this and all similar
boards.  (There was a "sting" op on one board not more than three weeks ago.)
Be [8)]
View Quote

What sting? Tell us about the entrapment please!!!
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 7:54:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Here is a question? What about his Miranda and why was he not arrested? But most important why no arrest or search warrant? He violated the law. THe only way to get this matter is to bring it out into the open.
Arrest me officer, my lawyer would love to seize the assets of the City of Chicago. Mmmmm can wee say deep pockets?
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 8:07:19 AM EDT
[#22]
It just seems to me, that in a city like Chicago, The leo's would have more pressing matters to attend to other than this.
ie....robberies, murders, assaults, drugs, etc,etc,
5subslr5 said,"leo's must follow lawfull orders or get canned"
SO GET CANNED AND GET ANOTHER JOB !!!!
stand up for whats right. which is more important, your job or your(and everyone elses) rights ???
and now I sit back and wait for the STOP THE LEO BASHING guys to chime in, well if thats how you see this commentary, then so be it.
when will those who are ordered to carry out these assaults on our freedoms realize that they are erroding THEIR freedom too.
[heavy]
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 8:16:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Well, this should answer the question the anti's always ask about why we are so against registration.  Confiscation always follows.
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 8:23:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
If I read Hank's post correctly, the LEO's are
being sent to collect guns from those with expired FOID's.  Hank further explains that gun
registration began in the early 1980's - must
have been blessed with some idiotic law.

I find myself in a very uncomfortable position -
appearing to defend firearm confiscation.  Please allow me to assure everyone nothing could be further from the truth.

I just don't want to see LEO's or any other group blamed for the actions of politicians.  Now if this duty is voluntary, to **l with those
LEO's !!

Finally and coldly I say to us all - "Isn't this
a failure of the people ?"  Someone had to elect
the scum that passed the governing law.

Cheap shot-opportunities abound here but is not
the "Cook County" group the same or descendants
of the same group that sold the election to
Joe/Jack Kennedy ??
View Quote

Those who count the vote decide who wins, not the ones who vote, (Hist: Palm Beach FL. 2000)!
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 8:24:52 AM EDT
[#25]
I live in IL and if they come to MY HOUSE to take MY GUNS they had better bring THEIR LUNCH because they will need it. I assume lots of us are willing to die to keep our weapons, how many LEO'S are willing to die to take them? Any one else out there besides me not an old man with a pistol? wbear.
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 8:54:04 AM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

You'll never see this law man confiscate anyone's guns!
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 9:10:52 AM EDT
[#27]
I stay out of Illinois, They got a law and a tax for everything. I don't know how people  living their actually believe they live in America. I would bet there are Communist countries that allow their citizens more freedoms. But you would expect that from a lawyer and Democrat infested state. Armalite move to a gun friendly state, and stop making me give revenue to a antigun state that wants to put you out of business, and spread it's antigun legislation through out America.
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 9:25:38 AM EDT
[#28]
TOTAL SHUCKING BULLFIT!!!!  

I'm on that GodDamned list because I used to live in Illinois and both my father and I had FOIDs.  I wonder if there is some kind of interstate law requiring them to remove my name now that I'm a registered citizen of Wisconsin?  I doubt it.  This has got to be an invasion of my privacy!

I'm so pissed off I can hardly stand it!
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 10:38:08 AM EDT
[#29]
I live in Illinois, and I live near Chicago.   You know what>? I stay out of there as much as I can.  Chicago is a place that is going down hill.  
When you hear stuff like this, especially in your home area, you learn not to trust police.  Sorry, but the chance into running one that is a Anti, is too great.
This old man forgot the first rule of dealing with a agent of the state, DO NOT TRUST THEM, DO NOT LET THEM IN YOUR HOME.  
Sorry, but that is the way it is getting.  Law enforcement is not something you want in your life, even if you are in trouble. For those situations, its Mr. Mossy, then a call to your attorney.  
c-rock
www.illinois-shooter.org

Link Posted: 7/15/2001 12:16:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Anyone who does not comply with ALL Illinois law enforcement in this program are cop haters and criminals. Anyone who refuses to assist in identifying or giving information that would help law enforcement find other gun owners, should be arrested for obstruction of justice.

"The Thin Blue Line is a phrase known world wide to Police Officers...It denotes the final barrier which stands between our citizens and chaos." With everyone's help, we can help the brave Illinois police officers get home to their families safely at night.
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 1:34:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
TOTAL SHUCKING BULLFIT!!!!  

I'm on that GodDamned list because I used to live in Illinois and both my father and I had FOIDs.  I wonder if there is some kind of interstate law requiring them to remove my name now that I'm a registered citizen of Wisconsin?  I doubt it.  This has got to be an invasion of my privacy!

I'm so pissed off I can hardly stand it!
View Quote

Don't be surprised if them sons of bitches don't come up to Wisconsin and try to arrest you their. Fucking Illinois is goddamn rotten state. Their legislators think they control all of America, especially that Chicago bunch of criminal bastards. They only have to look amongst themselves if they want to find felons. It starts right at the top, look at that amnesia head Governor. The Navy and Marines should use Illinois for a communist threat scenario. land on the beaches and fire for affect.
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 1:50:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Hey, I'm in the process of moving and have my Funk & Wagnels already packed.  Could someone do me a favor?

Would you look in the dictionary and tell me what infringed means?  Kind of like as in "shall not be infringed".
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 4:08:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Don't be surprised if them sons of bitches don't come up to Wisconsin and try to arrest you their.
View Quote

It doesn't sound to me like they're arresting anyone, just taking their firearms.  It's almost a cliche now but

[b][red][size=6]Molon Labe[/b][/red]
[/size=6]
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 4:27:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Would you look in the dictionary and tell me what infringed means?  Kind of like as in "shall not be infringed".
View Quote

[b]in-fringe[/b] (in frinj') v., [b]-fringed, -fringing[/b] 1. to commit a breach or infraction of : violate or transgress: to infringe a copyright. 2. ato encroach or trespass (usu. fol. by on or upon):to infringe on someone's privacy. [1525-35; < L infringere to break, weaken = in + -fringere, comb. form of frangere to BREAK)  --[b]in-fring'er[/b], n.--Syn. TRESPASS

[b]in-fring-ment[/b] (in frinj'ment), n. 1. a breach or infraction, as of a law or right: violation: transgression. 2. an act of infringing. [1585-95]

I thought I'd include trespass since the word is referenced as a synonym

[b]tres-pass[/b] (tres'pas), n., v., 1a. a wrongful entry upon the lands of another. b. an ulawful act causing injury to the person, property, or rights of another. c. the action to recover damages for such injury. 2. an encroachment or intrusion. 3. an offense, sin, or wrong. --[b]Syn.[/b]ENCROACH, INFRINGE imply overstepping boundaries or violating the rights of others.  To trespass is to invade the property or rights of another, esp. to pass unlawfully within the boundaries of private land. To ENCROACH is to intrude, gradually and often stealthily, on the territory, rights, or privileges of another, so that a footing is imperceptibly established: The sea slowly encroached on the land. To INFRINGE is to break in upon or invade another's rights, customs, or the like, by violating or disregarding them: to infringe on a patent.
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 5:08:05 PM EDT
[#35]
This is nasty stuff.

God help us do what is right.

Do what is right for our children and our children's children too.

Let us be strong and accept the challenge and the consequences of fighting for freedom.

God help us.
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 7:21:12 PM EDT
[#36]
[b]"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here!"[/b] -Capt. John Parker to his 77 minute men on the village green at Lexington, Massachusetts, April 19,1775
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 7:32:15 PM EDT
[#37]
I live an hour outside of Chicago. I wonder how long it will take for them to move out into the 'burbs?

I know of many gun owners who "forget" to renew their FOID card. If they just target previous FOID card holders they will fill the jails with people who broke the law because the own a firearm with out a FOID card.

This state sucks.
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 7:36:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 8:34:44 PM EDT
[#39]
How about a response or comment from a LEO.

If a leo appears at your door the first thing you should do is get lockjaw. Anything you say can be used against you and will be. Never, ever lie. Just shut up. You have the right to have a attorney persent for questioning.

Never, ever, ever, let them inside. Be polite and.

Then ask if he has a arrest warrent. If no then.
Then ask if he has a search warrent. If no then ask him to please leave your property. Then call a  gun lawyer as you are probably a target.

Even if your gun card has expired you should be allowed a grace period to renew the card without having your firearm confiscated. The exception to that is the terminally stupid, who will not inherit the earth, but get buried in it. I feel sorry for the old geezer who lost his gun but if you play the game ya gotta know the rules. His card was probably long ago, expired. A lot of LEO's dont know gun law either. I had a sheriff at a a gun show tell me it was legal to sell a gun across a state line. Wrong. Federal felony.
Illinois law sucks ala, Monica.

Remember get lockjaw.
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 9:34:21 PM EDT
[#40]

Time to feed the hogs.
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 9:44:29 PM EDT
[#41]
absofuckingunbelievable!  That has to be the most unconstitutional things I have ever heard.
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 9:49:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
How about a response or comment from a LEO.

If a leo appears at your door the first thing you should do is get lockjaw. Anything you say can be used against you and will be. Never, ever lie. Just shut up. You have the right to have a attorney persent for questioning.

Never, ever, ever, let them inside. Be polite and.

Then ask if he has a arrest warrent. If no then.
Then ask if he has a search warrent. If no then ask him to please leave your property. Then call a  gun lawyer as you are probably a target.

View Quote

Then call your Mutual Defense contact and have those responding take position at predetermined flanking locations.
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 9:53:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Would a LEO/judge/lawyer or anyone correct me if I am wrong?

Can't a LEO detain someone if they do not have a search warrant and feel the person may return inside his/her dwelling to destroy evidence?  

I seem to remember a case where this happened it seems, and the court upheld it.  

The LEO can have a warrant brought to a judge to be signed, if the judge ok's it, they are in, if not, THEN you may return inside your home.

Sheesh, early senility but I swear I remember this.
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 10:06:37 AM EDT
[#44]
Hmm, looks like the Dems want to get this matter settled in the courts too.

Question is how many Chicago area LEOS are going to get killed in the process?

Chicago is going to get sued bigtime in the courts.  I think they did this just to get Ashcroft to file a civil rights suit against them, the timing is just too coincidental.  Daley could of done this his first day in office, and he waits till now? The week after the Justice Department reverses their position?
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 10:31:27 AM EDT
[#45]
Wasn't it just last week that people were bagging on California? With the monkey-see, monkey-do behaviour most lawmakers exhibit, it's not going to be surprising to find this sort of thing spreading like a cancer to other states, the most liberal ones first of course. [}:(]
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 12:41:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 7:04:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 7:12:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Would a LEO/judge/lawyer or anyone correct me if I am wrong?

Can't a LEO detain someone if they do not have a search warrant and feel the person may return inside his/her dwelling to destroy evidence?  

I seem to remember a case where this happened it seems, and the court upheld it.  

View Quote

The case you are referring to is Illinois v. McArthur 121 S Ct 946 (2001)

[url]http://www.megalaw.com/fed/opinions/99-1132.pdf[/url]
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 7:23:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 7:52:03 PM EDT
[#50]
 Hey ILLINOIS..

You got to fight back using the legal system,
and the NRA. I know it seems difficult but
that is the only way. you must protest,start a
rally.keep it legal,don't go crazy.Make a lot
of noise.Contact everyone from the P.O.T.U.S
on down.

GOOD LUCK!!!          BE SAFE!!!

MAGZ...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top