Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2005 5:19:15 PM EDT
Shower time for the birds...Notice, how pete takes this opportunity to preen himself, taking full advantage of the fact that he is wet...while Lem, being the stupid baby that he is, just sits there, soaked, looking pathetic.

Link Posted: 7/19/2005 5:21:41 PM EDT
[#1]
i didnt know birds took showers
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 5:30:04 PM EDT
[#2]
That is cool, I had a cocketeil that enjoyed a shower too.  Do yours talk?  Mine would say  here kitty kitty  .
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 5:45:53 PM EDT
[#3]
My Senegal isn't that big on being sprayed (he doesn't like it at all when I've tried to spritz him with a spray bottle).

However, he does love taking a bath in his water dish every now and then and he manages to get himself pretty soaking wet when he does.

Link Posted: 7/19/2005 5:49:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Some birds love it... some don't.

birdsupplies.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=45

Link Posted: 7/19/2005 5:50:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Eat him.
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 7:04:28 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

most birds LOVE getting wet now and again..

ever seen birds in a bird bath???  
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 7:11:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Our birds hate showers.  But they'll go berserk in a bowl of water set on the table.  (With lots of towels)  they won't preen,  just sit there as a soggy lump.  They don't mind being handheld under the kitchen faucet either.
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 1:32:28 PM EDT
[#8]
pictars?
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 1:54:52 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Shower time for the birds...Notice, how pete takes this opportunity to preen himself, taking full advantage of the fact that he is wet...while Lem, being the stupid baby that he is, just sits there, soaked, looking pathetic.

www.planetblade.com/arins/birdbath/birdbath1.jpg

www.planetblade.com/arins/birdbath/birdbath2.jpg

www.planetblade.com/arins/birdbath/birdbath3.jpg

www.planetblade.com/arins/birdbath/birdbath4.jpg

Maybe the baby bird doesnt want you watching and taking pics of him while he showers.  Maybe hes afraid you'll post them on the internet for everyone to see him in a compromising position.   Maybe Im complelty out of my mind.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 1:59:19 PM EDT
[#10]
It's like having kids.
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 2:01:44 PM EDT
[#11]
maybe he was fasicanted watching the other wet bird clean himself and being turned on? if you look at the pictures its very clear hes staring at him the whole time, and the last picture the grey one has spotted him staring so he had to turn away in shame. maybe next time if you shower them one at a time it will work better.
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 2:17:42 PM EDT
[#12]
I used to have a Parakeet that would go nuts when you put her under a running faucet. She'd roll over, puff herself up, and preen all in one motion. It was cool to watch. Then one day she got out through a cracked window .

So then I bought Tweety. He HATES water, won't take a bath and probably never will. He's never taken a bath or allowed himself to get wet intentionally.

What he loves best...scratch his head and he'll be your friend. He hates me though, loves girls. If he sees my sister he'll spread his wings and go strutting over to her...I think my ex-GF taught him that.

ben
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:53:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:27:25 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

w00t! Just like our birdies. Those are really funny sometimes but sometimes they are real pain in the ass...

MN
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:27:36 AM EDT
[#15]
two mynahs here , and they love to go swimmin . coolest thing they say is MARK , GET THE GUN .

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:39:09 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
two mynahs here , and they love to go swimmin . coolest thing they say is MARK , GET THE GUN .

img364.imageshack.us/img364/4268/img02948ys.jpg

sweet!

my dad loves these birds
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:55:02 AM EDT
[#17]
most birds I had at 1 time:
1 timneh african grey, female
2 yellow napes both, males
1 bluefront amazon, female
2 cockatiels 1 very horny male and female
1 lory ?
2 greycheeked parakeets, males
Just about all of them loved heir baths.
this was just the birdies. the snake and reptile inventory is scary
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:55:53 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Friend of mine had a mynah. It could cuss better than any sailor.

I've got a 'tiel that's 23 years old, loves to bathe under a slow faucet, plays in a paper sack for hours, pretty good vocabulary.

Have a Quaker, mimics everything he hears, has the microwave down to a tee. Weaves bamboo skewers & stuff in his cage all day. Prefers to bath in a bowl. Has good vocabulary.

Have a Iligers Macaw that prefers the garden hose sprayer.

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:13:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Dude, clean the bird crap off of your watch!

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:07:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Heres a couple pics of our trouble makers.....

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:18:10 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

shame on you.  this has nothing to do with intelligence and everything to do with pecking order.  Lem is smarter.  He makes Pete think Pete is the leader.  In reality, Lem suspects the water may be contaminated, and he is waiting to see if Pete will fall over dead.  Then Lem's feast will begin.

By the way, Lem says he has an awesome human, and a stupid one.    
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:02:17 AM EDT
[#22]
^  Hehehe
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top