Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/12/2001 5:40:50 PM EDT
I shoot an elcd mag with warp...not sure if anyone knows what that is, but what the hey. [:D]

Oh yeah, here's a pict:
[img]http://www.allfreewebpages.com/brzycki/warp.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 5:48:15 PM EDT
[#1]
You dog! All I get to play with is the range rentals. [:(]

nice gun!
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 5:50:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I've often thought about doing paintball because it offers good training but I like things that go bang better.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 5:50:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice mini-mag... I've never seen one of those loaders before. Is it reliable, and wha'd it cost?  Cool... I want one!  My Nova 700 has been the best I've used to this point, the quietest out of the box, too.

Do you play indoor or outdoor?
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 5:54:12 PM EDT
[#4]
is that one of those FA adaptors for a paintball gun?
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 6:03:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow, nova 700 huh?  I really like the trigger on those.  

That boxy lookin thing is called a warp feed.  The hopper feeds around 11 balls/sec, the warp feed allows for 20rnds to 70 rnds/sec depending on your voltage.  It has an electric grip, so I do have burst modes, fa, semi, and a really cool thing called "turbo" (it senses when your shooting rapid fire and kicks the gun up to 15/sec automatically [:D]).  Whole setup is around 800+. I mostly play outdoor on my own field:
[img]http://www.allfreewebpages.com/brzycki/2newfieldadam.jpg[/img]

Going to a 3man tourny on the 22nd with 'sup airball!
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 6:29:54 PM EDT
[#6]
If I may be so rude, how much does that marker cost?
Last time I went, we used rentals and were blown away by kids with nitrous. It was like shotguns against rifles.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 6:30:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I remember those sad days of bright blue star wars look alike paintball guns.  Then I discovered airsoft, and have a gun that looks like an M4A1, so realistic it fooled a gunshop owner, 2 ex marines, and 5 locals at the gunstore...should have seen the look on their face when I pulled out the Beretta 92FS, Wilson Combat Service Grade, and INFINITY 5".  They couldnt tell those were fake until they locked the slides back and looked at the barrel.

Nothing beats an M4A1 shooting at 1000 shots a minute.

Except for the the M134 Vulcan Cannon which shoots 6000 shots a minute. (rotating barrels, and believe me when I tell you its identical...cant even tell when you start to spin the barrels)

How I love airsoft.  Havent been able to go paintballing since.  Every time I look at a paintball gun, I laugh, and think about my M4A1.  And every time I see a paintball team wearing blue and orange uniforms, I think about my BDU's, Blackhawk vest and holster, combat boots, boonie hat, tactical goggles, balaclava, Nomex flight gloves, pistol belt, and an M4A1 wtih 3 back up pistols, and I laugh even harder.

Im laughing as we speak.  Damn I wish you guys would just check out some airsoft sites.

www.dentrinity.com
www.redwolfairsoft.com
www.gunsnguys.com

Have fun

BTW, I still love paintballing, but airsoft is just that much better in comparison, in my opinion.  I would especially think for those of us real steel guys who love our AR15's, HK91's, and various pistols, you would just LOVE airsoft.  Atleast check it out, you'd be doing yourself a favor.

Link Posted: 7/12/2001 6:53:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 7:00:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice Mag, how much did that Warp Feed cost you?

I play every weekend.

Here are my babies.
Angel & Autococker
[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/003/zy/LV/bq/KI54138.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 7:00:51 PM EDT
[#10]
it's been a couple of years, need to get out and do it again I still got a spyder with a nitro tank in the closet somewhere.

I was in a sporting good store the other day and noticed that paintball guns are not called "guns" anymore, they're called "markers" whatta buncha stupid shit. Oh well I guess it attracts more liberals to the sport if the word gun is omitted, it'd be fun to watch all them running around with never-been-outside-pasty-white skin running into trees cause they've smoked away they're brains and shit I'll shut up now I could go on forever on the subject of libs and anything.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 7:17:01 PM EDT
[#11]
I use an RT Automag and a STO Autococker. Like the'cocker better. Will sell the RT if anyone's interested. $450 with a 12v Revvy.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 7:22:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Yeah, we play. But we do it a little different, we play at night in a semi wooded area.

I extended this invitation once already right before my old email took a dump. But here goes, if anyone wants to play a real cool paintball game and you live in South Florida(Broward County)just email me. It won't cost anything to play, we do it for fun, practice, practical training, etc.

If you DON'T have paintball equipment we play with a guy who can set you up with above average rentals.

If you are interested email me at [url][email protected][/url]

We generally play on Saturday Night from approx. 11 pm - 2 am.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 7:40:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Steyr, a few questions, first, waht equipment do you use???

secondly, i play at night (have tried) and we have fogging up problems , how do you keep your mask fog free.

and BTW, screw 3 man tournys and auto COCK ers or automags. if you want a tuff as hell gun that wont let you down, go tippman mod 98 custom. i play "alternitive" paitnball. if one is interested in somting other than speedball try alternitive paintball searches oneline . these guys play full-auto, tanks, mortars, mil-sim, and role playing games. some of the role playing games sound REALLY wild. check um out
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 9:05:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Man I didn't know how many other players were on here.  I've been playin since 1988 and played Pro in the early to mid 90s.  Damn team kinda broke do to marriages, kids and such but we are gettin back together hopefully.

I have a 3 man tourny on July 21, and a five man on July 22 comin up.

BTW, play with an aging but still ass-kickin MiniMag and have never like those damned AutoCockers.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 7:00:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Playing tomorrow, as a matter of fact.  Just a rental game, but I've been thinking of getting my own gun.  Maybe that would get me to play more than once in a blue moon like I have been.

Course, I need ANOTHER expensive hobby like I need a hole in the head...  [BD]
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 7:33:28 AM EDT
[#16]
paintball is sooooo fun! i play all year long.
BTW, i kill MANY opponents because their super-expensive full-auto-nitrous-sniper-systems fail almost without exception! [}:D]
i also wear full-camo, and love to aim for the bright orange tourny-jerseys!
[heavy]
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 7:42:55 AM EDT
[#17]
boomboom....killer cocker. about 10 of us play on a friends property up here in northern jersey. everyone seems to crank the hell out of their guns. (the old allen wrench in the pocket trick). its very pleasant getting tagged in the neck by a sniper pump shootin' 400fps+. there is an old house on the property we put a team in and then try to take over....its pretty wild.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 7:45:09 AM EDT
[#18]
I played paintball for a couple years. Used range rentals for a long time then got my own gun. Just a simple setup to play with buddies and against people with rentals. Its a Model 98 with a Dye "12 SS barrel, polished internals.  Quite reliable and accurate.  I used it about a dozen times and it now just sits in my closet.  I think about selling it about every week, but for some reason think I will sell it and want to use it again.  I suppose if I got an offer for it I would sell it.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 11:38:32 AM EDT
[#19]
The reason they call them markers is...that's what they were originally.  Back in 85 we used to go play whenever we could afford it (high school = poor) and the guns were bolt action pistols by nelspot.  Literally cattle-marking pistols.
Oh man when I play now it just puts a big ole smile on my face!  
-no oil based paint
-range better than 30m
-tanks!
-real goggles
-semi-automatics

ahhh the good life...

did i mention range?

We went out about a month ago again and used tippman field guns...did just fine.

I'm thinking of getting a Tippman pro98 with a 20oz tank and some of those wizzy JT goggles that don't fog.  Best price 'v found on this was about $200 for gun, tank, goggles...sound OK?
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 12:02:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Woow, there are some pretty big guns in here....I've shot cockers, angels, impulses, etc...but I'll always stay with my mag.  I'd also never go back to feeding on top, the warp leaves you with so much less of a profile.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 1:34:53 PM EDT
[#21]
There is one big advantage to calling them markers.

A few months ago my brother told me that he was picking up his son from school when one of the other boys comes running into the room with a cardboard wrapping paper tube, holding it horizontally as the barrel on a 'gun' and yelling "POW POW POW".  Now we've all heard stories about kids getting suspended from school for such acts because of zero tolerance policies.  The teacher jumps up and starts to berate the boy about the evils of guns when the kid says "this isn't a gun, it's a paintball marker".  [thinking]

As to the warp feed, around the time it came out I was discussing with my brother making a similar device.  I was thinking of one a little larger and with a 'piwheel' in it like the Chinese AK drum mags have.  That way the balls are not subjected to any pressure until they reach the very end and are about to be fed.  The drum would be large in diameter and flat and attach to the bottom of the marker so the whole thing looks kind of like a tommy gun.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 4:07:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top