Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/8/2001 6:09:29 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 6:21:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Hell yes get one.both the SAR1 & 2 are in my opinion the best bang for your bucks firearms on the market today,for the type of rifles they are that is.cheap ammo and mags,shoots every time you pull the trigger and makes soccer mom's piss their panties just at the mention of it's name.what more could you want in a firearm.mmk
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 6:25:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm debating that very same issue.  With it, I'll have to get ammo, mags, cleaning supplies.  That means more storage room for all that.  Arrrg.  

Guess I'll have my FFL get me one sometime next week.  

Who has the best prices now?  :)

Link Posted: 7/8/2001 6:38:37 PM EDT
[#3]
7 you can always look around but [url]www.aimsurplus.com/[/url]  usually has the best prices.mmk
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 6:47:23 PM EDT
[#4]
If that SAR 2 is anything like my SAR 1 is then go for it...damn thing never fails and I have yet to clean the thing, kind of an unintended torture test because I'm pretty tired after TOTALLY cleaning out my two AR's. Oh yeah, I shoot nothing but Wolf brand ammo through the SAR, sucks for AR's, made for AK's[heavy]
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 7:15:18 PM EDT
[#5]
$239.95 from aim surplus.
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 9:01:55 PM EDT
[#6]
at that price i'm thinking i need another one.mmk
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 11:49:51 PM EDT
[#7]
"I'll have to get ammo, mags, cleaning supplies"

cleaning, ak, MUHAHAHAHA!!!!. the only aks i clean are my bulgarians, just because them things are sweethearts. ammo is a whole $90 a case if u live anywhere other then wisconsin(our gunshows are a joke) mags run $5 a pop, and are as close to indestructable as i have ever seen in any rifle design (wanna try and pound nails with yer $30 ar mags???). be warned though, give the commie 5.45 a chance and u might not go back. hell for around $400 u are set up with rifle, ammo, mags, and some other stuff too
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 12:12:33 AM EDT
[#8]
[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/012/sg/cr/B7/YI47253.jpg[/img]

MMK hit the nail on the head. They are withoug a doubt, totally underpriced...
Now that the parts kits have been banned from inportation, the SAR-2 is really your last chance to ever own a modern 5.45 rifle.
They can be tricked out pretty nicely too....
With K-Var stocks, AA-OK AK74 Brake,  CDNN has the Sidemount Russian Surplus Illuminated Scopes for I think $150.00 for scope and mount...
Not to mention that the 5.45 is a serious performer...
For
$270.00 Gun
$85.00 Stock
$25.00 Brake
$150.00 Scope (Or Kobra, whichever you prefer)

You can have a seriously bad-ass modern pistol gripped, scoped, semi-auto millitary style rifle for a whopping $500 give or take....If it weren;t for the over-importation of the Romanian kits, you would be paying $900.00 for these...

[b]WITHOUT A DOUBT[/b] the best band for your buck..
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 1:05:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Now that the parts kits have been banned from inportation, the SAR-2 is really your last chance to ever own a modern 5.45 rifle.
View Quote

That's incorrect.  Robinson Arms is going to start selling a VEPR II in 5.45mm soon.  20" barrel, more robust RPK receiver, and accepts the 30 rnd mags.  
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 1:20:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Is it entirely American made?
Do you have a link?
Sounds like a gun I would be interested in...
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 1:29:00 AM EDT
[#11]
No, it's Russian made.  They're available now in 7.62x39, .223, and .308
[img]http://www.robarm.com/223_VEPR_II_Side.jpg[/img]
[url]http://www.robarm.com/products.htm[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top