Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/8/2001 5:54:34 PM EDT
Well as I said before I was looking for the guy that was at the Bob Pope show with the pre ban Polytech underfolding AK. He wasn't there nor was the gun but I did find another nice AK. It's a Hungarian FEG SA 85M. It is like new, had a very nice blonde thumbhole stock unlike those cheap MAC 90's you see a hundred of at all the gun shows. The guy wanted $375.00 for the rifle and 2 30rd mags. He was on his way out and I talked him into $325.00 which I think is a pretty good deal. What do you think? It has a great finish and a very tight fit. I also bought a US AK47 parts kit for $70.00 that was black polymer with the pistol grip, butt stock, and forearm stock. Plus I bought a complete gas tube with the steal ventilated heat shield for $30.00. I put it all together after much grinding on the stock with a dremel. But it is a real beauty now that its finished. I'm going to shoot it tomorrow. If it shoots half as good as it looks I'll be happy. Does anyone else have one of these and are happy with it? It's the first one I've ever bought.

I also bought a pre ban Feather AT-9 9mm. It looks pretty cool. Its the first time I ever saw one. I traded a Springfield Armory 45 for it and $150.00 in cash. I know that was a little crazy but I had to have it. Pluse the Springfield's are a dime a dozon but I haven't seen any of the AT-9's. Does anyone know anything about this gun?

So what did everyone else buy who went to the show??
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 6:00:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 6:07:39 PM EDT
[#2]
It sounds like a good deal.  Kind of depends on your area.  You always hear about some guy who's brothers' uncles' cousins' brother-in-law got the exact same rifle, except it was a preban with a rocket launcher for $200.  If you are happy with it, it's a good deal.  
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 6:10:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I was there...didn't buy a thing. No firearms of course...I'm from Ohio but I thought the prices on parts and pieces were a little high.
Pretty good show....two broom handles, a carbon 15, lots of glocks, walthers and etc. They had some pieces that you normally don't see at shows around my parts.

Rick
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 6:26:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Went to the show at Nashville, same as always... except worse.  A bucket load of Mall Ninja vendors selling U name it and a smattering of real dealers that have honest weapons.  The fairgrounds show gets worse everytime I go. The usual crappy vendors, low balling dealers, offering nothing for what you have and selling the same crap they were trying to sell last show at market plus 40%. Sheesh, it's enough to give gun shows a bad name.

Nashville really pales in comparison to the Smyrna show which is 3 to 4 times bigger and a TON more rightous dealers.
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 6:28:53 PM EDT
[#5]
good price and if i'm reading the thread right it was a private sale also.just makes it that much better.mmk
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 6:51:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Went to the show at Nashville, same as always... except worse.  A bucket load of Mall Ninja vendors selling U name it and a smattering of real dealers that have honest weapons.  The fairgrounds show gets worse everytime I go. The usual crappy vendors, low balling dealers, offering nothing for what you have and selling the same crap they were trying to sell last show at market plus 40%. Sheesh, it's enough to give gun shows a bad name.

Nashville really pales in comparison to the Smyrna show which is 3 to 4 times bigger and a TON more rightous dealers.
View Quote

I whole-heartedly agree. I gave up going to the fairgrounds show, for the exact reasons you stated. I'll stick to the I-24 Expo show...

Link Posted: 7/8/2001 7:15:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah both guns were from two different private sales. So thats always a plus. I agree, the Bill Goodman show is not the best in the world and the I-24 expo show is alot bigger and better.

Maybe I might even find the guy with the pre ban Polytech AK47 at the next show...LOL A guy can dream can't he?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top