Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/6/2001 10:37:08 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 10:45:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Sir,

I suggest that you keep that flag handy for the final day of the conference.

Then you can fly the glorious banner of the United Nations proudly, in celebration of the much anticipated global weapons of mass destruction ban!

Thank you.
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 10:45:26 PM EDT
[#2]
use it to site in the new AR
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 10:02:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 10:07:59 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm not pro-UN or ANYTHING like that... but honestly....

what does shitting on a peice of dyed cloth accomplish? Other than waisted  a few bucks for the flag, gettin a few laughs, and having a smelly mess for the WIFE(lol) to clean up!!

It's a peice of cloth.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 10:30:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 11:11:42 AM EDT
[#6]
You know that these actions will only draw negative attention to us gunowners, right?
If you're going to do something with the UN flag leave your firearms out of it! You're just making it easier for the antis to legislate against us!!! Think for God's sake!!!
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 11:17:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes, Listen to SkullWorks.  

Don't do anything.

Sit back and sit still.  Anything you do or say can be used against you in the court of public opinion.

Even if you don't do anything they will make stuff up, so really don't do anything.

No really, don't do anything.  Ok?

Sheesh, the media is filled with liars already, you think they will think better of us if we do not express ourselves?
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 11:24:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yes, Listen to SkullWorks.  

Don't do anything.
View Quote

That is not what I said.

Sheesh, the media is filled with liars already, you think they will think better of us if we do not express ourselves?
View Quote

That's not what I said. Express yourself all you want but [B]LEAVE YOUR GUNS OUT OF IT!!!!![/B]
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 5:25:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 5:29:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Gentlemen,

I recently viewed an entertaining, American made movie on video cassette.

In this movie, they used a line that I would like now to quote.

"Resistance is futile".

I believe it applies in this situation.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 9:38:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I see your point...but I'm going to a private range where no one will be on a Monday afternoonand most people aren't going to know how the thing got so shreaded. Besides, just owning a firearm draws negative attention these days.
View Quote

Bulletholes are quite possible to recognize in a flag, even if it's from small arms fire. But, hey you do whatever you want, I can't stop you. Sure owning a firearm draws negative attention, but that's a poor excuse for using it for something like that. I will continue this later.

I've got to do it for the satisfaction. It's no different than burning a flag.
View Quote

Yes it is! Your adding to the negative connotations of firearms! Why give the antis more fuel for their fire?

Now if I was target practicing with a picture of someone, that would be different. I'm not making any threats towards anyone.
View Quote

If someone shot at the Star & Stripes you wouldn't see that as an open threat on all Americans?

Also, do you really think it's going to make a difference? They're going to keep pushing their agenda no matter what. Maybe slow it down a little, but keep pushing it all the same.
View Quote

So give upp all together then! I'd rather see you get ridd of all your guns than doing stupid shit with them that might end up hurting the rest of us. Like I said before; shooting the UN flag and than showing it off will harm us more than it will hurt them. No matter what you might think we need to preserve a somewhat good image in the public eye. If you want to protest against the UN, burn it's flag, use it for TP, I don't care, just don't do anything that will associate firearms with it.
If we do win and the antis (domestic, foreign & whatnot) give up, then you can riddle the flag all you want, because then it won't matter. At present anything negative that happens is bound to make it to the media and we will have even more shit dumped on us.
You have to realize that you represent ALL of us if somebody catches you doing it, if the local paper takes a picture of the flag in your yard or whatever. And that's the kind of image that would spread fast through the media. The fact that you defaced the UN flag will be a miniscule detail compared to the fact that you used a firearm to do it.

So in the end: If you absolutely f*cking have to do this stupid stunt, please burn the flag ASAP after you're done, so it won't come back and haunt the rest of us.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top