Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2005 9:31:21 AM EDT
anybody have one, this is the one I had. Hours of fun!!!
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 9:35:52 AM EDT
[#1]
You betcha.  I loved that thing.  They go for $300+ now on eBay for mint condition.

ETA: My "ode" to the Vertibird thread:

archive.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=260463

NorCal
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 9:37:44 AM EDT
[#2]
We wired ours up to an electric train transormer, and burned the motor out trying to pick up the cat. One of the best toys I ever had.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 9:37:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I had one as a kid. Got it for Christmas. All of my dad's Airforce buddies were over at our house since they were away from home. I had to get mom to get the guys to leave my new toy alone so I could play with it.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 9:41:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes, I had the coast guard one.  

There are some modern day knock off out there.  I wonder if they compare?

Link Posted: 5/25/2005 9:41:19 AM EDT
[#5]
I had that and the Bi-plane as well. Loved 'em. Great toys.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 9:45:00 AM EDT
[#6]
There is a knock off made. I have a version of it (had the vertibird back when they first came out.)
still fun.  you can get them cheap. (like 20.00) for the knockoff. It is Chopper patrol

from a vertibird website.-The Chopper Patrol line by Jasman has replaced the Chopper Command. The primary difference is Chopper Commands VertiBird like 2 blade rotor has been replaced with a 3 bladed rotor with safety ring on Chopper Patrol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top