Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2005 8:10:26 AM EDT
I am tired of all the AMBER alerts.

Not they want "sex offender" alerts everytime one moves, the Amber alerts gets used for everything from a run-a-way teen ager to a kidnapping, but usually it's just run-a-ways.

ANd now they want to start other alerts?

NO!  First off Amber alert was for KIDNAPPED CHILDREN, not every missing child under the sun.

2nd, if these people are dangerous then WHY THE HELL DID YOU LET THEM OUT OF PRISON JUDGE???

3rd.  Just because some trailer trash teenaged whore ran away with her crack addicted boy friend does NOT mean everyone should stop what they are doing to find the bitch....we don't fucking care!

4th  When you abuse ANY type of system that system starts to become in effectual.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 8:12:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 8:12:07 AM EDT
[#2]
What he said.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 8:15:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Agreed....
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 8:22:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 8:25:07 AM EDT
[#5]

2nd, if these people are dangerous then WHY THE HELL DID YOU LET THEM OUT OF PRISON JUDGE???
They have to make room for the dope smokers.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 8:28:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Is it possible to tell the difference quickly?  We're talking about kids here.  What ever is necessary to keep them safe.

Patty
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 8:31:59 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Is it possible to tell the difference quickly?  We're talking about kids here.  What ever is necessary to keep them safe.

Patty

At the expense of rendering them useless because no one pays any attention to them anymore?
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 8:32:29 AM EDT
[#8]
The almighty fucking judges should be held personally accountable.  
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 8:34:26 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Patty

Really??

That is a VERY common response Patty and sounds great...only one problem:  Why did the safety of the kids only become an issue AFTER they came up missing?  Where are these parents?  Why do I have to listen to some bitch mother cry about her "missing" child that she is so "worried" about when earilier this same woman wouldn't even get off her fat ass and actually WATCH her damn children!  Noooooo....she let her kids play anywhere, run around anywhere, or fuck anyone and NOW the she bitch of a mother is concerned about her lost/missing/run a way child?

Fuck that!  If she cared so much then why is her kid in this situation to begin with?  And better yet...she should get off her fat ass and look for her kid NOW, not me, I got my own damn kids to worry about.

So this "what ever it takes to keep them safe" is BULLSHIT when the parents themselves are not participation in that safety!

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 8:34:31 AM EDT
[#10]
BE ALERT....THE WORLD NEEDS MORE LERTS
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 8:34:59 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
The almighty fucking judges should be held personally accountable.  

Isn't it parole boards who let them out?
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 8:43:55 AM EDT
[#12]
The worst one is the Fox News Alert that there's and Amber Alert.  I don't think anyone pays attention to Fox's "Alerts" anymore.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 8:52:48 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Patty

Really??

That is a VERY common response Patty and sounds great...only one problem:  Why did the safety of the kids only become an issue AFTER they came up missing?  Where are these parents?  Why do I have to listen to some bitch mother cry about her "missing" child that she is so "worried" about when earilier this same woman wouldn't even get off her fat ass and actually WATCH her damn children!  Noooooo....she let her kids play anywhere, run around anywhere, or fuck anyone and NOW the she bitch of a mother is concerned about her lost/missing/run a way child?

Fuck that!  If she cared so much then why is her kid in this situation to begin with?  And better yet...she should get off her fat ass and look for her kid NOW, not me, I got my own damn kids to worry about.

So this "what ever it takes to keep them safe" is BULLSHIT when the parents themselves are not participation in that safety!

Sgatr15

I don't know Sarge, In my area there aren't Amber alerts so I guess I don't know how annoying they can be.  I read what you wrote and I think to myself - some kid is out there that needs help.  Some kid is out there that needs help.  Call me crazy but if its a kid I don't give a crap about the inconviences, what the parents should do, did do, didn't do.  I just want to help them.  I know I can't help them all but I feel when a kid fails society fails.  I'm not one for "it takes a community to raise a child" bologna.  But I think if an adult sees a child in need he/she should help.

Patty
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 9:05:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 9:08:27 AM EDT
[#15]

AMBER ALERT!
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 9:09:41 AM EDT
[#16]
I actually can't complain about how often the alerts are done here.  Here in Nebraska they have some pretty decent guidelines:

a.) The child is the age of 17 or younger.
b.) Police have reason to believe the child is in danger of serious bodily harm or death.
c.) There is sufficient information available concerning the suspected abductor that the public can respond.
d.) The notifying law enforcement agency has participated in AMBER training for purposes of issuing AMBER Alerts.
e.) The plan is not intended for use in runaway or child custody situations
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 9:11:14 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2004/LAW/08/11/peterson.ctv/vert.amber.frey.jpg

AMBER ALERT!

Exactly!

I want an alert system that lets me know when hot, gullible "massage therapists" are spotted in my area.

Now that would be useful!
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 9:13:19 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

AMBER ALERT!

Exactly!

I want an alert system that lets me know when hot, gullible "massage therapists" are spotted in my area.

You are getting married this summer, right?
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 9:15:16 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

AMBER ALERT!

Exactly!

You are getting married this summer, right?

Hey - I'm thinking of the larger societal benefits, not just for me.

I'm kinda like Gandhi that way
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 9:20:26 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I am tired of all the AMBER alerts.

Not they want "sex offender" alerts everytime one moves, the Amber alerts gets used for everything from a run-a-way teen ager to a kidnapping, but usually it's just run-a-ways.

ANd now they want to start other alerts?

NO!  First off Amber alert was for KIDNAPPED CHILDREN, not every missing child under the sun.

3rd.  Just because some trailer trash teenaged whore ran away with her crack addicted boy friend does NOT mean everyone should stop what they are doing to find the bitch....we don't fucking care!

4th  When you abuse ANY type of system that system starts to become in effectual.

Sgat1r5

Even though you do live in California, I doubt that its being abused- you just have that large a population, and LA TV stations reach a area the size of Texas.  If every city in Southern California issued just one a YEAR you would still have at least two a week. And every one from Santa Barbara to Tijuana would hear EACH one.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 9:21:44 AM EDT
[#21]
The problem is now they want to EXPAND the alert system to include sex offenders!

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 9:34:53 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
The problem is now they want to EXPAND the alert system to include sex offenders!

Sgat1r5

Too much of a good thing.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 9:53:33 AM EDT
[#23]
I hardly pay attention anymore.  If you cry wolf too often.....
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 9:55:12 AM EDT
[#24]
Yeah the "Fox News Alerts" are totally worthless.  

FOX NEWS ALERT  "A dog farted on the white house lawn!   Stay tuned for more information!"

I don't see any problem with the Amber Alerts, though I will agree with the Sarge that Parents practicing PREVENTION is the best weapon.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 10:04:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Here, Amber alerts are for kidnappings with a description of the kidnapper or the vehicle.  they are not used in missing persons cases.

Besides, "Look for a white female with red hair driving a blue Ford Focus with license plate ###-####" is a lot more useful than "Look for a hispanic kid in bluejeans and a red shirt".
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 10:07:43 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Here, Amber alerts are for kidnappings with a description of the kidnapper or the vehicle.  they are not used in missing persons cases.

Besides, "Look for a white female with red hair driving a blue Ford Focus with license plate ###-####" is a lot more useful than "Look for a hispanic kid in bluejeans and a red shirt".

Well, here alot of the "kidnappings" are fathers that are taking their kids just so they can see them because the bitch ex-wife won't allow the father to see there kids anymore.

So while that is technically kidnapping they still know who the kid is with!

Sgat1r5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top