Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2005 5:45:13 PM EDT
I think if one more Christian tells me that this prophecy is about Jesus I will lose my mind.

Isaiah is speaking of the prophet Ezekiel. Check it out in Ezekiel 4:4. He is bearing the iniquity of the House of Israel and the House of Judah.

Check it out.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:46:38 PM EDT
[#1]
how about you write it out for me, I dont feel like looking through my box of religious books to find a bible right now
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:48:04 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I think if one more Christian tells me that this prophecy is about Jesus I will lose my mind.

Shucks, I'm game.

It's about Jesus.

(Lost your mind yet? )
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:48:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:55:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Isaiah is speaking of the prophet Ezekiel. Check it out in Ezekiel 4:4. He is bearing the iniquity of the House of Israel and the House of Judah.

Check it out.

Why do you spell your name with a zero instead of an oh?

PS - It's about Jesus.

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 6:02:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Check it out.

Yes, it is about Ezekiel, and yes, it is about Jesus Christ.  A prophecy can have both an immediate and a deferred realization.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 6:02:40 PM EDT
[#6]
For those of us that are bible free, how about putting that passage into the fray...
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 6:09:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 6:14:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 6:22:42 PM EDT
[#9]
The Jews will not understand Isaiah 53 until Christ returns because they have been blinded since their rejection of Him at His first coming.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 6:23:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

I guess this is the ":4" part, but what's the utility of it?  The original poster claimed it was a commonly used thing, but I've never heard it, and I've been listening to y'alls thumps for years now...
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 6:31:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Check it out.

In Psalm 22, where the prophet-king David says "They pierced my hands and my feet", was that refering to Ezekiel,  too?  In Zechariah, when it says, at the end of time, that the Jews will look upon him --coming down from the sky-- whom they have pierced, and mourn him as a lost son, was that refering to Ezekiel?  You are willfully blinded to what is quite specific and clear.  No matter how much you wish it wasn't so, Jesus WAS/IS the Messiah.  
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 6:42:52 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Its about Jesus.

Its about Jesus.

Its about Jesus.

My guess is you lost your mind long ago, but if you say you still got it, then.....

Its about Jesus.

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 6:46:14 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
. He is bearing the iniquity of the House of Israel and the House of Judah.

Check it out.

House of Israel = saved Gentiles who are Jews in the spirit.  (ROm 2:28-29)

House of Judah = saved Jews who understand the purpose of teh covenants, and the law and the prohecies was Christ.

Thusly, Jew and Gentile are united in Christ.

Any other questions?

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 7:08:10 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
For those of us that are bible free, how about putting that passage into the fray...

King James Version (KJV)

Isaiah 53

1Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?

2For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.

3He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

4Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

5But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

6All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

7He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

8He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

9And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.

10Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

11He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

12Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 7:32:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Ezekiel 4:4

Then lie upon your left side, and place the iniquity of the house of Israel upon it; according to the number of days that you lie upon it you will bear their inquity.

I have given you the years of their iniquity as a number of days-three hundred and ninety days-and you shall bear the iniquity of the House of Israel. When you complete these, then lie upon your right side a second time and bear the iniquity of the House of Judah for forty days; a day for a year, a day for a year have I assigned it to you.

ETH you left this out. you took the time for Isaiah 53 why not Ezekiel?

You guys need to smarten up, you do not have much time left.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 7:44:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 11:46:29 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ezekiel 4:4

Then lie upon your left side, and place the iniquity of the house of Israel upon it; according to the number of days that you lie upon it you will bear their inquity.

I have given you the years of their iniquity as a number of days-three hundred and ninety days-and you shall bear the iniquity of the House of Israel. When you complete these, then lie upon your right side a second time and bear the iniquity of the House of Judah for forty days; a day for a year, a day for a year have I assigned it to you.

And?

And?

So what?

ETH you left this out. you took the time for Isaiah 53 why not Ezekiel?

It's not connected in the least!

Sorry, but there is NO connection whatsoever.

You guys need to smarten up, you do not have much time left.

Yeah, Judaism has surely been a real boon for y'all, lately!

If the United States didn't support Israel at present and in the past, just what country could the Jews call  their own?

Hmmm?

Not a really great track record there, Sir.

Eric The(Believing)Hun

"Sir, the nation of Israel bows its knee only to God!'  We will have the land our God promised us.

It would seem that you and your friend Mr Edershiem are both predisposed to boorishness.

OLD[Who said that?GUY
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 11:50:35 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
. He is bearing the iniquity of the House of Israel and the House of Judah.

Check it out.

House of Israel = saved Gentiles who are Jews in the spirit.  (ROm 2:28-29)

House of Judah = saved Jews who understand the purpose of teh covenants, and the law and the prohecies was Christ.

Thusly, Jew and Gentile are united in Christ.

Any other questions?

Yes. are you one of those Christians that dances with snakes?

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 11:52:29 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Check it out.

Why do you spell your name with a zero instead of an oh?

When I joined the forum OLDGUY was taken so I used a 0 [zero]

PS - It's about Jesus.

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 11:56:56 PM EDT
[#20]
The prophesy is about Ezekiel no matter how much you rant. Read the whole book.

Link Posted: 5/24/2005 12:01:58 AM EDT
[#21]
I have a question for you 0ldGuy.  Does the Bible that you study have a commentary in it?
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 12:04:29 AM EDT
[#22]
the problem is: is that you take the bible literally.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 4:36:12 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I guess this is the ":4" part, but what's the utility of it?  The original poster claimed it was a commonly used thing, but I've never heard it, and I've been listening to y'alls thumps for years now...

We have barely begun to scratch the surface.

Hang around.  There is much to learn.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 4:39:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:01:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Yup... It's refers to

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top