Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2005 2:10:14 AM EDT
My power locks stoped working yesterday

they willnot unlock or lock on the driver side  The thing that stumps me is the button on the pasanger side will still lock the doors but will not unlock the doors!
Help
BIG
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:26:09 PM EDT
[#1]
BUMP
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:37:02 PM EDT
[#2]
It's telling you it's out of warrenty, and it's time to buy a new one. Seriously you probably have a broken wire where it goes thru the door janb to the door, Good luck finding it, if you can, get  a schmatic, as they will all be coded. You will soon have lots of fun fixing wire after wire in the bundle.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:38:26 PM EDT
[#3]
it's telling you, you should have bought GM
here comes the slams
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 5:50:48 PM EDT
[#4]
you have lost ground on one side of the circuit. ground comes from the master switch, most likley the driver door switch is the master. pop it off the door and inspect the plugs under the switch, it is probably toast., possibly water damaged.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 6:01:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
My power locks stoped working yesterday

they willnot unlock or lock on the driver side  The thing that stumps me is the button on the pasanger side will still lock the doors but will not unlock the doors!
Help
BIG

I've got a 2000 Ford shop manual on CD. Thing is a PITA to use, but I'll see what I can find out. Sounds like a bad ground or defective switch.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top