Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2005 4:55:25 PM EDT
My wife backed into the trash can a few weeks ago and broke one of tail-lights on the mini-van, so I went to the Ford dealership to see about replacing it.  They wanted about $140 installed, so I checked out eBay and, sure enough I found a replacement for $47 and installed it myself.

I needed to replace the shaft on my Ryobi string trimmer, so I figured what the heck, check out eBay.  I found a guy who buys my exact model of trimmer, removes the engine for his work on custom RC airplanes, and sells the rest of the trimmer on eBay.  So I just picked up a complete parts kit for my trimmer for $54, what the shaft alone would have cost me from a dealer.

SCORE!
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 5:08:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Not bad at all!
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 5:13:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Ebay is outstanding for car parts, particularly tail light lenses, mirrors and the like.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 5:15:11 PM EDT
[#3]
For your local Ford parts, go to a Mazda dealer.

It will be cheaper.

Lesson #234 from tyman.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 5:18:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You can find anything on eBay!

Perhaps so but there is nothing on Egay that I want to buy.

If they ever change their policy on Guns and Firearm related accessories perhaps I will change my mind.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 5:28:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice find.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top