Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2005 7:56:16 AM EDT
I was poking through the Mexican commando photos on that thread last night, and saw a photo of their Naval Special Forces people carrying this image:

What kind of rifle is this guy carrying? Is it a Galil? It's obviously a version of an AK, in .223. Maybe a Krinkov - aren't those in Russian 5.45 x 39?

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:57:28 AM EDT
[#1]
No, scotch the Krinkov idea; it's barrel's too long, with the wrong flash supressor.

Valmet?

ETA: He's exhibiting good trigger discipline. Perhaps we should hire him to educate Fineswine; she swept that audience like she meant to kill them all (too bad she didn't have an accident)
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:57:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Galil AR
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:58:46 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Galil AR

yup
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:00:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Grazi. Hope I don't meet this guy on a beach anywhere. I bet he'd do more than kick sand in my face and steal my girl.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:02:29 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Grazi. Hope I don't meet this guy on a beach anywhere. I bet he'd do more than kick sand in my face and steal my girl.

well he's way too skinny to be an arfcommer so he wont stuff it in.... ah never mind
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:14:41 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Not very likely in Colorado.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:20:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Galils are cool...definately on my wish list...
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:22:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:27:40 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I ain't takin' any vacations to Corpus Christi the day the Mexican Invasion begins in earnest!
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:35:44 AM EDT
[#10]
isn't that the rifle that Pacino used in the movie...
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:37:22 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
How much ya wanna bet it's actually a South African R4, the SA copy of the Galil AR?  IIRC, they sell a SHITLOAD of those things to central/South American countries.

Shitload is a technical term referring to a sum that is more than I care to count or can verify

I do believe the term you're looking for is "metric assload"

and good point on the R4, that is much more likely
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:40:45 AM EDT
[#12]
You guys always seem to know what your'e talking about.  I have no idea what kind of weapon that was.  Where do you guys pipck this shit up?  I would love to learn.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:41:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:43:14 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
You guys always seem to know what your'e talking about.  I have no idea what kind of weapon that was.  Where do you guys pipck this shit up?  I would love to learn.

a mix of military experience, internet geekdom, and a general lack of anything better to do.

I'm fascinated by military weapons and enjoy studying them.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:46:03 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I knew what it was because I own one. Mine is the 7.62mm version and the ARM version, with built in bipod.

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:59:43 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I knew what it was because I own one. Mine is the 7.62mm version and the ARM version, with built in bipod.

members.roadfly.com/Agent7/guns/galil.jpg

hey isn't that the gun that one guy used in that movie.........what was it called...H..somthing....
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 9:23:21 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

there is a very good chance this guy will wind up in CO. Short walk from El Paso.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top