Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2005 5:31:52 PM EDT
Go clean your guns!

Good grief... I just cleaned my nightstand 1911, as well as my FEG hi-power that's usually with me at the range.  They were a little worse off than I thought, although still very functional.  Must have been a few more range trips than I thought since the last cleaning.

If any of you are slackers like me, then make some time to clean this weekend!  My AR and 10/22 are still waiting, so I'll be doint more cleaning in the morning.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:47:14 PM EDT
[#1]
My guns are always clean.  I clean them after every use.

I once tried to go to bed without cleaning a 1911A1 that I had shot that day, but I couldn't do it.  

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:59:18 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
My guns are always clean.  I clean them after every use.

I once tried to go to bed without cleaning a 1911A1 that I had shot that day, but I couldn't do it.  

I knew I wasn't the only one!  
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:06:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I used to be anal about cleaning my firearms.

Not so much anymore.

I did switch grips on my Anaconda tonight. Fondled several other revolvers as well. I think I did my duty for the day.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:15:32 PM EDT
[#4]
The gun on my hip has over 1000 rounds through it since the last cleaning. Before I posted this, I field-stripped it. Ugh. Wolf ammo is dirty.

A few months ago, I set out to shoot it until it got so dirty it started malfunctioning. To make a long story short, I got bored with the venture before it jammed, but after it had got to the point that I ended up with powder residue on everything I wore while carrying it.

But it still runs....shot 4 mags through it this evening, no problems.

If I felt like I had to clean it every time I shot it, I'd get something else. Life is too short to clean guns.

Thank you, Lord, for giving us stainless steel and aluminum.......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top