Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2005 9:37:45 AM EDT
Hey All,
I'm looking for a quick access pistol storage unit to hold a HK USPc and a HK Tac(with light).
This unit looks like it will do the job but I wanted any advice or input on this model or others that may be better?
http://gunvault.com/products/
Thanks
Tim
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:03:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Bueller,Bueller...anybody
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:08:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I've got the mini.  It's an old one without the light, cable, etc.  It works fine.  I like it.  Of course, I'll like it better when the kids are out of the house and I can just leave the gun on the dresser.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:10:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I have three of the single gun size, also without lights.

I love mine.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:21:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the reply's!
I use a small sentry firebox for my compact(carry) but I want to keep my tac loaded for home use so a unit that will hold both is ideal.
My kids are 2 and 4 so I have been able to keep the box up high and unlocked at night since they are in bed but as they get older Iwant to be sure I'm keeping the new unit locked since the tac will be in there when I'm not home.
Tim
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 11:32:12 AM EDT
[#5]
I have had a GV-2000 for about five years now, and it works fine.  One warning:  the cylinder lock is the type that can be opened by a pen.  The soft pen body can be jammed into the lock and it will open faster than if you were using the key or fingerpad.  Really.  Your kids may know about this, as the info made the rounds on the net last year (although the 'secret' has been out since the bicycle u-locks became popular in the early '80's, the net made it common knowledge).

I do not have a solution, as retrofitting the lock looks to be impractical.  If anyone knows of a fix, tell us!
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 11:54:28 AM EDT
[#6]
I was wondering if that lock could be opened with a pen.
I was hoping they retrofitted the cylinders by now but its not a huge concern.
My kids are little and when they are big I hope I have instilled enough common sense in them to make the right choices.
If someone else wants to break in and steal my guns then they will surely know someway to open anything I get short of a 1600 pound safe i cant afford or store in my bedroom.
Thanks for the info!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top