Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2005 4:38:57 PM EDT
The owner of a site that's a paid advertiser here on ARFCOM mentioned to me today that his site isn't working correctly and that he's been getting negative feed back on his site.

If you all wouldn't mind clicking on his site and taking a quick peek see and see if its working up to snuff - I would truly appreciate it.   LINK

Patty  
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 4:40:44 PM EDT
[#1]
i thought you owned that site. didnt you used to have an industry partner identifyer?
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 4:41:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Seems fine to me. (Using Firefox 1.0.4)
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 4:41:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Looked OK during a quick peek...any specific issues he's having??
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 4:42:14 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
i thought you owned that site. didnt you used to have an industry partner identifyer?

I work for the owners.  I did have an industry partner identifyer but when I was DXed with breast cancer I switched to a TEAM member in case the owners decided to replace me.  

Patty
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 4:43:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Negative feedback eh? Website works fine, but I do not believe thats what the problem is.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 4:43:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Looked OK during a quick peek...any specific issues he's having??

I'm not sure.  He doesn't have a computer so he's just going on phone calls.  He faxed me a form someone downloaded off the site [dealer acknowledgement form] that was incomplete.  So he's concerned about that.

Patty
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 4:43:51 PM EDT
[#7]
righto. i thought i was imagining things. Prayers to you cause if you posted about that i missed it. I hope everything turned out ok.

I saw nothing wrong with the site by the way.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 4:45:40 PM EDT
[#8]
dealer ack form looks fine. it is a pdf file, so not anything a non properly running site should be able to ruin. I just dl'd it and it worked fine. Unless there is another one I missed.....
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 4:46:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Works for me.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 4:47:04 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
righto. i thought i was imagining things. Prayers to you cause if you posted about that i missed it. I hope everything turned out ok.

I saw nothing wrong with the site by the way.

I'm doing fine and thank you for your prayers.  I was found to be Cancer free March 24th!  

Thank you for checking the site too.  Sometimes they do different things on different computers!

Patty
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 4:47:26 PM EDT
[#11]
looked oK w/ opera as well.....the doc is a PDF. maybe the customer's printer is having issues....??

Is it a one page doc??

last line is 'name on california doj.......expiration date'
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 4:53:55 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
looked oK w/ opera as well.....the doc is a PDF. maybe the customer's printer is having issues....??

Is it a one page doc??

last line is 'name on california doj.......expiration date'

Yes, that is the correct last line.  All right.  I appreciate everyone's help.  I'll fax this to him.  Patty
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 5:07:13 PM EDT
[#13]
hi Patty,

The link to the "FAQ" in the left-hand frame is misspelled (http://www.fabten.com/faq.htm but should be http://www.fabten.com/faqs.htm) and therefore dead.  People can use the "FAQs" link in the header frame though.  It's spelled right.

The link to "Services", also in the left-hand frame, is a dead link.  Maybe another spelling error but I can't find that HTML (http://www.fabten.com/services.htm) so I don't know for sure.

Other than that, looks fine in Microslime.

Steve
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 5:15:44 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
hi Patty,

The link to the "FAQ" in the left-hand frame is misspelled (http://www.fabten.com/faq.htm but should be http://www.fabten.com/faqs.htm) and therefore dead.  People can use the "FAQs" link in the header frame though.  It's spelled right.

The link to "Services", also in the left-hand frame, is a dead link.  Maybe another spelling error but I can't find that HTML (http://www.fabten.com/services.htm) so I don't know for sure.

Other than that, looks fine in Microslime.

Steve

Wow, thanks so much!  I'll fix that now.  Patty
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 5:22:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Works fine for me...
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 6:58:31 PM EDT
[#16]

Works fine for me here on the east coast.

May be a backbone server somewhere having trouble, that's giving some folks the fits.

Happens a lot, but it's usually fixed or re-routed quickly.

JB
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 7:03:33 PM EDT
[#17]
What he said

Quoted:
Negative feedback eh? Website works fine, but I do not believe thats what the problem is.

Link Posted: 5/18/2005 8:52:43 PM EDT
[#18]
thanks for your help guys!  Patty
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 1:15:16 PM EDT
[#19]
You're welcome pretty lady.

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 1:25:40 PM EDT
[#20]

isn't this the second or third time you have had problems with people access your web site ??
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 1:30:14 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

isn't this the second or third time you have had problems with people access your web site ??

Who's keeping count? Probably.  The owners have their hands tied because they do not enjoy using computers.  They're wonderful people though and if it takes me humbling myself to the board to insure they have their site working properly than so be it.

Thank you for taking the time to check for me.  Besides, it doesn't hurt our web presenses to be linked to ARFCOM!

Patty
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 1:45:50 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I was found to be Cancer free March 24th!
Patty

Congrats!

Oh yeah...the site seems to work OK for this computer illiterate.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 1:52:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Seems to work fine for me.  
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:06:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Thank you Gentlemen!  Patty
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:07:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Website works, what an abomination though
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top