Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/3/2001 6:44:28 PM EDT
Ok people, tonight at 12:00am I will carry on a tradition that my father and my uncle started before I was born.

I am going to fire the brass cannon.

My Aunt, Uncle and parents bought it in the 40's down in S. America and every year at 12:00am on the 4th of July my Father and uncle would shoot the thing off.  With my uncle passed on for qutie a few years now, and my Fatehr passin last year it falls to me.

Think of freedom if you hear that great boom, think of my Dad Bill Marcy and my uncle Robert Heinlein, two of the greatest patriots I ever had the pleasure to know.

Dad, Uncle Robert, I miss you.
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 6:53:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Let freedom ring!!!

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 6:56:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Good to see your carrying on the tradition!
I'll listen but I don't think I'll hear it unless it's a really big cannon....
[img]123animatedgifsfree.homestead.com/files/CANNONFIRING.gif[/img]

Link Posted: 7/3/2001 6:56:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, unless it's a really really really BIG cannon I don't think I'll hear it down here but I'll think about you and your uncle and your dad and freedom and maybe I'll even shoot off my own cannon(Don't think the neighbors would like that too much)"No officer I didn't her a big bang"[}:D]
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 6:59:26 PM EDT
[#4]
What a great tradition and a wonderful way to remember you family members.  Guess that it'll be about 11:00 PM my time zone.  Hope to be able to hear it all the way down here at the edge of the Gulf of Mexico.  I'll be listening for it!
[X] [X]
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 7:19:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Way to carry on, hielo.

Get Some...
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 7:25:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Bill,
 make freedom ring and that's two for your dad and Uncle Robert.

Randy
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 8:01:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 10:14:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 10:18:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Now, why haven't I thought of one of these for the collection?
Noted.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top