Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/29/2001 10:33:13 AM EDT
[b]DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE[/b]
[url]http://www.northridgeinc.com/[/url]

A couple months ago, someone posted a link to this company.  Could have been this board or one of the other gun boards, I don't remember.  The message indicated a great deal on AK-74 mag pouch sets which included 8 mags, 2 pouches, 2 blank fire devices, 2 sets of strippers and guides.(1 set per pouch) 2 Cleaning kits $30.

Well it was indeed a good deal.  I ordered and got some awesome mag sets.  These things were in pristeen condition.  Brand new right from the E German factory.  They still had the E German shipping label sealed inside the bag.  Here is a picture of what I got and I was more than happy.

[img]http://www.gun-info.com/video/bulletfest/E_German_Mag_Pouch_Set.JPG[/img]

Well as soon as I received these I immediately ordered 8 more sets(32 mags total).  Well they came yesterday and they are complete shit for the most part.  I got mostly used mags, many abused mags, rusted floor plates, beat up POS's, I'm betting one or two won't even feed.  Rusted and missing strippers and guides in several of the sets.  Missing blank firing devices etc...  These were nothing like the first sets I got.
Here is an example of the ones I got yesterday:

[img]http://www.gun-info.com/video/bulletfest/crappy_pouch.jpg[/img]

So I called them today.  I am willing to keep like 5 of the sets because they are usable, mags were in good shape and all the parts of the kits are there.  Shipping them back would be expensive and they would still be a good deal at $15./pouch set.

So I get transfered around etc, explain what is going on and what I would like to do.  That I have one set missing parts etc and how bad at least two of these are and that they are unacceptable.  Basically I wanted to return 2 of the 8 for exchange or refund because they were so bad, and on 1 if they sent the parts I would keep it no problem.  So total of 3 out of 8 I was really not satisfied with.

Well, I'm SOL because they are not willing to take a return.  Lady tells me the ad and their website says NO RETURNS.  Lady on the phone basically called me a liar becasue she did not believe that any sets would be missing the blank devices but she did know of a few that were missing strippers, so she would send me those.  Yeah, thanks alot.  I ordered from this page  [url]http://www.northridgeinc.com/sp_mags.htm[/url]  Somebody please point out to me where it says no returns here.  I back tracked and when you first enter the site and click on bargains it does say no returns but I ordered from a direct link.  So I never saw this.  In any case, I think it is total BS and not good business.  That and the fact that I got great stuff the first time and mostly crap the second time.  Why is that??  So, they have lost a customer and I am posting this on every BBS that I post on.  

The worst thing is, I directed many people to Northridge to get these sets based on my first experience.  Now I might have got somebody to order some total shit, which I feel bad about.  I try not to steer people the wrong direction, but it appears in this case, I did.  I apologize for that.

EDIT FOR THE JACKASS BELOW HOMO ERECTUM!!!!
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 11:10:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I've seen these people at the fun shows. Their inventory consisted of bins of DIRTY surplus crap that looked like it was taken straight off the battlefield of some third world country. Crud and rust were included at no extra charge.
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 11:24:35 AM EDT
[#2]
You got lucky the first time, then the second time you got what you paid for (come on man, 8 30rd pre-ban mags, pouches etc for $30?), so you're upset. You can't get lucky every time.

They are probably getting near the last of what they have of these. I ordered about a month and a half ago and got two nice sets - I lucked out. This stuff is surplus, it's a crapshoot. I realized that. For the price I was willing to take a chance. I spent $130 or so and got what to me was worth at least double that. A few things, like some EG AK slings, were beat to shit and dirty, but no big deal.

IMHO, stop whining. You get what you pay for, and once in a while you are fortunate to get more. They didn't advertise them as new, and the ones in your photo don't exactly look useless.

Link Posted: 6/29/2001 11:49:37 AM EDT
[#3]
I agree with maelcum,
I order from them based on your reccomendation but I have yet to get any.  If I get a few good ones I'm happy.  For that price how can you go wrong?

After all they are bakelites and can be fixed with a little gunkote and TLC.
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 1:01:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Great I see I have two buyers for the shit I got from Northridge.  You two can send me a $20. M.O., I'll send you each one pile of 4 shitty mags with rusted floor plates and rusty strippers....OK

I spent $151. based on the first time when I spend $37.50.  Yes they charged $31. to ship these.

Now they are not all that great of a deal when they are in the condition as the ones in the second picture above.  I can get 30rd bakelite mags brand new from several sources for $5. each, I don't have to get piece of shit used and abused mags from Northridge for $4.75 each  Yes the accessories with the mags are useless junk.

They will play ball when I get my CC company to do a charge back and make Northridge issue a call tag for the crap they sent.  If thats the way they want to do this, I'm more than happy to oblige.

I have done many deals with people on here.  They advertise and describe product and I get what I pay for(every time here so far).  If Northridge ran an ad that said.  Surplus mag set, fair to poor condition sets may have rusted or missing strippers and used cleaning kits.  May or may not have a blank device.  2 sets of 4 $30. I would have passed.  I would not have paid $5.00 for one of these sets, let alone $15.00 plus $4. shipping.    
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 1:48:17 PM EDT
[#5]
^^^bump^^^
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 1:53:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Akrazy,
Don't hold anything back man!! Tell it like it is!!!
I never heard of them untill today.
Thanks for the heads up.
Now go and run my post about K-mart back to the top for me since I am pissed of at them like you are at Northridge
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 2:49:33 PM EDT
[#7]
10-4 SS

You chaps can call me a whinner if you want, but you'll be the first on here bitching when somebody sells you "surplus" AR mags and they are not what you thought they should be.  The amount of money is irrelevent, what Northridge is doing is bad business.  

This is the only company I know that ships your stuff, charges $7.50 shipping, like they did on my first order.  Then two weeks later, goes back and adds an additional $3.50 shipping to my card.  I call up, whats with this.  Well sir, that is the actual shipping blah blah blah.  Wait till they try to pull that shit this time.  They already charged $25. dollars to ship 8 mag sets.  I ain't payin' another cent.  I checked UPS web sight to get the shipping charge from them to me on a 33lb box and it should be $23. and some change.  33lb was on the shipping tag when I got the package.
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 4:51:21 PM EDT
[#8]
BTT
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 6:39:48 PM EDT
[#9]
I've been to the showroom and seen them at shows so I know their stuff is hit and miss. The extra, 2 week later, charges for shipping I agree are BS. So is their attitude on the missing parts. I'd be sure to mention both when you are speaking with your credit card company.

As for the "Order Policy?" There is a link to it on the upper right side of the page. Funny, when I move my cursor over it, the link jumps to the center of the page! I was able to click it though and the "no returns on bargains" is there.
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 7:54:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Thats OK.  They can not take the stuff back, but in turn I have the right to say I'm not happy about that policy and what I got for the money I paid and I have the right to warn people not to trust them because of their company policies.  Am I right or wrong???
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 8:12:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally posted by akrazy :

"They will play ball when I get my CC company to do a charge back and make Northridge issue a call tag for the crap they sent. If thats the way they want to do this, I'm more than happy to oblige."

I agree 100%!!! Don't let them jerk you around, you did'nt get what you ordered & worse yet it was rusted junk with a SOL attitude to go with it.

I'd be willing to bet that those that are calling you whiney are'nt offering to buy the "junk" that they call a good deal from you.

I for one will not do business with them!!!

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 6/29/2001 8:16:31 PM EDT
[#12]
I put some more pics in this thread on AW if you want to see the 3 sets in question.  A better look if you will.

[url]http://assaultweb.net/ubb/Forum1/HTML/207339.html[/url]
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 1:12:10 PM EDT
[#13]
I ordered two sets of mags from Northridge several months ago, and finally got them like 6 weeks later.  I have had the mags for at least two months now, but I just got an additional charge to my credit card my last statement without any consent or permission from me.  I will never order from them again.  
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 3:03:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Bishop223,
What a coincidence. The same thing hapened to me just today. Ordered some mags got'em. Few weeks later another $4. dollar charge on my CC shows up WTF!! What should I do about it?
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 3:39:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Call your credit card fraud department.
Report him to the BBB and police in his area.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 3:42:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Considering that you're not smart enough to use a simple "img" tag correctly, I'd say you're probably a complete moron and how could I take anything a brainless cretin such as yourself says seriously.

akrazy - you are in desperate need of a clue!!!
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 4:37:10 PM EDT
[#17]

Well, I'm SOL because they are not willing to take a return. Lady tells me the ad and their website says NO RETURNS. Lady on the phone basically called me a liar becasue she did not believe that any sets would be missing the blank devices but she did know of a few that were missing strippers, so she would send me those. Yeah, thanks alot. I ordered from this page www.northridgeinc.com/sp_mags.htm [b]Somebody please point out to me where it says no returns here. [/b]
View Quote

Taken from the link you provided:
There are NO RETURNS on Bargain items so please check your order carefully.
Items available while supplies last. Prices are good until July 31, 2001  

[img]http://home.earthlink.net/~routhier/taurus/north.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 8:16:22 PM EDT
[#18]
HOMO...I know full well how to use the img tag you jackass.  You are reading and making a reply 2 full weeks after the fact.  I have moved the images to a different server.  I'll edit that post above to show you how smart I am OK.

David R.  Of course it says NO REFUND on that page now.  I have posted this all over the gun boards and I know for a fact people cancelled orders and called them/emailed them about what was going.  So much so that they contacted me through the thread on Assault Web.  You are also looking at this a full two weeks after the fact.  It takes 2 minutes to change what a web site says.

Now for the record, I sent back the shit and they are sending me new ones which shipped yesterday.  So it appears they are correcting the problem, which they would not have done without this internet bitching.  

To you dickheads who think I'm just complaining, can't wait to see a post where some puke sells you some cracked and dented AR mags and you bitch like the whiney little girls you are.  You think I'm to harsh on you??  BS, look in this thread and see who called names first.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top