Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2005 4:45:54 AM EDT
I finally broke down and bought a data cable and software for my Motorola V551 so I could download ringtones and change the wallpaper.  I've updated it from the BVRP website to the latest version - 3.23.  I can download and display pictures, but when ever I download a sound to my phone, it comes up saying the file is corrupted or unidentifiable or some other bullshit.  I'm mainly using .wav files and mp3s.  I know the files are good because they work in my PC with Media player and Musicmatch.

This all started out when I went looking for an old rotary dial telephone ringtone.  One thing led to another.  I sent in a request for assistance to BVRP (the software site) but nothing back yet.

Anyone got an idea what I might be doing wrong?  I've transferred the files over using the phone explorer and also using the melody studio that comes with the software package.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:48:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Who is your carrier? I have a Motorola on Verizon and they disable the phone's ability to transfer sounds files and pictures over the data cable. The only thing I can do with my data cable is sync the phonebook on the phone with my pc. The data cable and software are worth it to me just for the purpose, but it is a neutered system.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:54:12 AM EDT
[#2]
www.howardforums.com

It's the Arfcom of cell phones.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 5:03:45 AM EDT
[#3]
So this is what AR15.com has come to?
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 5:24:14 AM EDT
[#4]
It looks like that website is pretty thorough.  I'm gonna keep digging until I find out why my mp3s and .wavs won't work.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 5:31:01 AM EDT
[#5]
I've got T-Mobile and all I have to do is go to their website, pick out a ring tone and they automatically call me and download it.

Right now I have the "theme" music from James Bond movies.

A bit easier.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:14:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Here's a bit of advice.  Stay very far away from Motorola BVRP software.  They have a huge forum going that attempts to answer technical problems.  My point is that the forum is so large.  They are obviously missing the point that there is a problem with the software when that many people have trouble with it.  It sort of reminds me of Dilbert.  Shit software and excuses for tech support.  In this day and age this thing should have been install and run.  No problems, no tech issues.  All I tried to do was transfer the same type of files into the phone that were already there.  It recognized the original tones and refused to run the new ones.  More money down the toilet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top