Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2005 10:25:43 PM EDT
It was a friends of mines girlfriends birthday, so I met them with some other people we know for dinner.  After that they were going to a nightclub and convinced me to go, after spending my $4 I sat around feeling like I didnt fit in at all.  I had even dressed up had my trenchcoat, ar15.com shirt and my marpat pants.  

Well after 30 minutes of realizing this really sucks and I got to put up with it, I took my valiums, and drank most of everyones beer there,  Finally I left.  

I now remember why I dont go places, I wasted my $4 but atleast I drank all thier beer.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 10:35:52 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I had even dressed up had my trenchcoat, ar15.com shirt and my marpat pants.  

snappy dresser
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 10:41:13 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

snappy dresser

That being the same outfit I went shooting in earlier that day.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 10:41:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

snappy dresser

sweet.

good job on the beers btw
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 10:41:53 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

snappy dresser

Link Posted: 3/13/2005 10:41:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I sat around feeling like I didnt fit in at all.  I had even dressed up had my trenchcoat, ar15.com shirt and my marpat pants.

Not many places outside of Gunstock and a comic-book fest you will fit in in that outfit. Girls, contrary to popular opinion, don't usually like the unabomber look.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 10:44:00 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I sat around feeling like I didnt fit in at all.  I had even dressed up had my trenchcoat, ar15.com shirt and my marpat pants.

Not many places outside of Gunstock and a comic-book fest you will fit in in that outfit. Girls, contrary to popular opinion, don't usually like the unabomber look.

wasnt that jeans and a hoodie?
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 10:45:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

wasnt that jeans and a hoodie?

No I think this is why he didn't fit in.

JK Taxman, really your just to dam cool for that crowd.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 10:46:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Perhaps you should make an effort to not be such a social outcast.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 10:49:43 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Ouch that was harsh
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 10:50:08 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I would not dare speak for taxman on this subject, but for me, being an outcast is just the natural state of my existance.  Most of the time I don't care , but on occasion, it sucks.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 10:50:25 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

you're just jealous of the ammo pile

I am
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 10:51:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Taxman...Where do I start?

Valium?

Marpat?

Trench Coat?

Making $4.00 dollars an issue?

Drank everyones beer?

The only place where I felt sympathy was your comment of not fitting in.

Love you Taxman, really do, but damn...just damn.

Edited to erase a comment that might have sounded harsh.

Link Posted: 3/13/2005 10:51:10 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I try and then it reminds me why I stay at home and build ammo forts on friday night
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 10:51:15 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think he was actually going for the social outkast gun nut look , but im no fashion expert. that said i dont think girls usually go for guys that build forts out of ammo crates
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 10:52:21 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

you're just jealous of the ammo pile

I am

Not really...
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 10:53:20 PM EDT
[#16]
OK that was a little harsh of me, but seriously... I am not big into the social functions either but you need to look long and hard about what you just said. and i hope the valium was a joke, that is some heavy shit.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 10:53:25 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Valium?

Marpat?

Trench Coat?

Drank everyones beer?

The only place where I felt sympathy was your comment of not fitting in. See above for clues.

I got to have the trenchcoat to carry all my stuff I keep on me.  Valium helped make me soicable.  $4 alot of money, I wish I had that $4 today I saw some stuff I wanted at the flea market.  They bought the beer and let me have some so I drank a few pictures by myself.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 10:55:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 10:55:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Well after 30 minutes of realizing this really sucks and I got to put up with it, I took my valiums, and drank most of everyones beer there,  Finally I left.  quote]

Um, OK Eeyore.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 10:56:53 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think he was actually going for the social outkast gun nut look , but im no fashion expert. that said i dont think girls usually go for guys that build forts out of ammo crates

Sadly, very few "girls" go for us "nice guys" these days either.

That's not true. Many woman just see the nice guy as a front for "It will be nice to get into your pants".
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 11:02:06 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Valium?

Marpat?

Trench Coat?

Drank everyones beer?

I got to have the trenchcoat to carry all my stuff I keep on me.  Valium helped make me soicable.  $4 alot of money, I wish I had that $4 today I saw some stuff I wanted at the flea market.  They bought the beer and let me have some so I drank a few pictures by myself.

I'm not attacking you; just making an observation that you seemed to go into the situation with the attitude that you didn't care to impress these people.

Maybe you should look to people who share your intrests and values.

I just don't see you as the "nightclub" type
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 11:03:06 PM EDT
[#22]
I really hope i dont ever read a news story about a gun nut on valiume shooting up some night club
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 11:04:55 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I really hope i dont ever read a news story about a gun nut on valiume shooting up some night club

They make me more social and untense me abit, thats it, works for going places with lots of people or busy nights at work.

Large crowds and lots of people otherwise put me on edge.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 11:06:57 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Valium?

Marpat?

Trench Coat?

Drank everyones beer?

I'm not attacking you; just making an observation that you seemed to go into the situation with the attitude that you didn't care to impress these people.

like other ammo can fort builders?

ugghhhh geez... you know taxman you dont seem like that big of a loser, why are you being so anti social?? I generally do not like night clubs, but the whole taking valiume and alcahol at the same time, that just seems like a bad idea.... and the fact that you dont seem to have any positive social interactions says a lot about the problem... YOU, you just have to get over some things, get out and find out what makes you happy and do it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 11:09:07 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Valium?

Marpat?

Trench Coat?

Drank everyones beer?

like other ammo can fort builders?

ugghhhh geez... you know taxman you dont seem like that big of a loser, why are you being so anti social?? I generally do not like night clubs, but the whole taking valiume and alcahol at the same time, that just seems like a bad idea.... and the fact that you dont seem to have any positive social interactions says a lot about the problem... YOU, you just have to get over some things, get out and find out what makes you happy and do it.

+1
Very good point. Go out and have some fun. We know you have friends, hell you went out for once!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy the night and let go buddy
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 11:14:12 PM EDT
[#26]
P.S. we all know chics dig guys with skills, but if they hear you whining about 4 dollars your not going to have to buy condoms that night
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 11:22:51 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

snappy dresser

Can we get a pic of you in that?
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 11:28:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Taxman Taxman, Next time you go out heres a few pointers.

If you only got $4 in your pocket use it as your advantage, (ill get to that)
Talk about what YOU enjoy doing than ask them what THEY or pref SHE enjoys doing
Be happy,
Stay sober

When every one was chit chatting and so on you should have found a good way to bring up shooting or something remotely to do with it.

You would be suprised how many woman will respond, and if badly you can still play it cool.

Now when you get a response go into how you enjoy shooting and how it's nice just to get outside and away from the city from time to time.

Also ask one of the girls if she has ever shot a gun, more than likely she will say no. Than you ask her, well I had planned to go out to the range (add date here) would you like to try it out some time? It would be on me. I have some old ammo I needed to use up (don't tell her its an entire fort)

Now she may be a little weary of this, so offer to let her drive her self out and just follow you. This way she dosen't feel trapped.

Now if she says it's dangerous say "No it's not" and than say "I'll tell you what I bet you all the money in my pocket right now it's not dangerous" this is when you pull out your $4 and say you wanna bet? It's called breaking the ice. iF she is a okay girl you will get atleast a smile from her. Give her you number and ask for hers after this. Chances are she will give it. Even if she's a hottie.

She should now feel easy about being around you.

Now if you go shooting try not being to physical when you show her how to shoot and act shy and let her know if shes doing a good job and let her know if she isn't  this way it dosent seem like your kissing her ass.

And there you have it... how to get a date if you build ammo forts in your free time
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 11:33:16 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Talk about what YOU enjoy doing than ask them what THEY or pref SHE enjoys doing
Be happy,
Stay sober

When every one was chit chatting and so on you should have found a good way to bring up shooting or something remotely to do with it.

You would be suprised how many woman will respond, and if badly you can still play it cool.

Now when you get a response go into how you enjoy shooting and how it's nice just to get outside and away from the city from time to time.

Also ask one of the girls if she has ever shot a gun, more than likely she will say no. Than you ask her, well I had planned to go out to the range (add date here) would you like to try it out some time? It would be on me. I have some old ammo I needed to use up (don't tell her its an entire fort)

Now she may be a little weary of this, so offer to let her drive her self out and just follow you. This way she dosen't feel trapped.

Now if she says it's dangerous say "No it's not" and than say "I'll tell you what I bet you all the money in my pocket right now it's not dangerous" this is when you pull out your $4 and say you wanna bet? It's called breaking the ice. iF she is a okay girl you will get atleast a smile from her. Give her you number and ask for hers after this. Chances are she will give it. Even if she's a hottie.

Now if you go shooting try not being to physical when you show her how to shoot and act shy and let her know if shes doing a good job and let her know if she isn't  this way it dosent seem like your kissing her ass.

And there you have it... how to get a date if you build ammo forts in your free time

+ a big fat 1

Oly, I thought you wee working tonight?!
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 11:34:02 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Be happy,
Stay sober

+ a big fat 1

I am, going over invoices and a database

ETA: Excel sucks it hates me, it has crashed twice tonight.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 11:38:18 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

My IE crashed more then that an hour, Im working too, nothing wierd yet.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 11:41:35 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My IE crashed more then that an hour, Im working too, nothing wierd yet.

Firefox man firefox, Ie I said screw you.  It won't even start now with out crashing.

But yeah taxman, use what your good at and youll do pretty dam well, you like guns so use that knowledge to get leverage in a social setting (don't go in blasting lol ) I mean use that knowledge of guns as a plus instead of a crutch.

Your an alright guy but some times you put your self down to much and people pick up on that. Be dam proud of your self and others will be proud of you as well.

You would be shocked what doors will open up in a few years if you just say " I fucking kick ass and dam proud of myself" and if you mean it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 11:49:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Valium ,alcahol and ammo fort builders just dont go together .

Link Posted: 3/13/2005 11:51:13 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted: You would be shocked what doors will open up in a few years if you just say " I'm dam proud of myself for fucking kicking olyarms ass" and if you mean it.

Link Posted: 3/13/2005 11:52:10 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted: You would be shocked what doors will open up in a few years if you just say " I'm dam proud of myself for fucking kicking olyarms ass" and if you mean it.

Haha, fuck you
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 11:55:33 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

snappy dresser

Always take a pocket full of brass from the range and drop it around on the floor at said parties.

You'll refocus the whole group!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top