Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2005 8:58:01 PM EDT
Can you put a 92G "upper" (slide, barrel, spring, etc.) on a 92F frame?
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 9:04:07 PM EDT
[#1]
thats like chroming a piece of crap
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 9:09:26 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Thank you for your informative and helpful answer.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 9:33:03 PM EDT
[#3]
yes..u can...why, is one up for auction on ebay ?....
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 9:36:57 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

im sorry they are just such huge piles of worth less crap. Not even the good kind
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 9:41:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

The M9 is junk do not put any effort in to such a horrible excuse for a pistol, with glocks, sigs 1911's why would you even bother.

They do nothing well not to mention are about the worst pistol you could have in a combat enviroment.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 9:44:42 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

im sorry they are just such huge piles of worth less crap. Not even the good kind

Quit ing.

Anyways Steve, I'm pretty sure that you can.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 10:37:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The M9 is junk do not put any effort in to such a horrible excuse for a pistol, with glocks, sigs 1911's why would you even bother.

They do nothing well not to mention are about the worst pistol you could have in a combat enviroment.

are you serious? if so what do you base this on?
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 11:48:34 PM EDT
[#8]
yes you can
I have a 96G slide for my 92FS Vertec
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:59:49 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
[

As a man who owns Beretta 92s and has put many rounds downrange with them, I can say with authority that you are absolutely wrong.

Link Posted: 3/14/2005 5:00:42 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Yes, you can put a G-slide on a 92FS frame without problem.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 5:01:14 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd swear by them. My biggest mistake ever was selling my 92fs. I went on sort of a little crusade these last two years searching for the perfect handgun. The 92fs for me was it and I let it go thinking there was something better. I'm currently trying to trade an HK USP for a LNIB brigadier. That's how much I value them. Only other gun I ran across was the SIG 226. that's it. The glock I currently own I do not like much anymore compared to the sig, in fact I'm considering selling it to fund another beretta.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:02:40 AM EDT
[#12]
1911greg, SAWgunner, try and atleast make a good argument if you are gonna make one.

I have and use a 1911, P99 and 92FS. I have shot a glock as well and have experience other than firing with sigs and others.

Is the 92FS the perfect gun and there is none better? No. Is it worthless crap? No.

I much prefer the trigger on the beretta to any other gaun I have experence with other than maybe the Sig.

I like the 1911, but I have a rather poor one and cant male a reasonable judgement.

I shoot best with the beretta. You may shoot better with something else.  

let me know when you can make a good reasoned argument rather than just a statement of opinion with no fact.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:11:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Somebody get the new CDNN catalog ?  
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:19:53 AM EDT
[#14]
There are conversion uppers on Ebay for the 96 to fit on the 92.  Decent price too.  

I love mine, too bad it feels like holding a 2x2.  I just can't get past that.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:21:45 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you paid someone $1,000 to find a shit eating retard and asked him for his opinion, it wouldn't be as stupid as that.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:26:25 AM EDT
[#16]

As a man who owns Beretta 92s and has put many rounds downrange with them, I can say with authority that you are absolutely wrong.

+1
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:27:04 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

That was useful.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:30:41 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Who said that? Who the f*ck said that?

Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:32:57 AM EDT
[#19]
The beretta is anything but a piece of crap.  I personally hate the slide mounted safety, but It's certainly a reliable, top quality pistol.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:38:08 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your opinion of the Beretta wasn't asked.  Opinions are like assholes everyone has one.  I think the M249 SAW is a POS, but that's just my opinion after putting 20K through a few.  I prefer M240G.  I don't see a need for a 5.56 belt fed in a military role, again just my opinion.

To answer the posters question yes you CAN put a 92G slide on a 92F/FS frame.  The lowers are all the same.  The G features is a function of the decocker itself.  The slide is machined differently.  A 92F/FS slide cannot be made into a G.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:02:06 AM EDT
[#21]
I received my CDNN catalog,  The slide kit featured is already on the way.  That'll make three slide kits for one frame.  Match comp/sighted 92 slide,  regular 92 slide, and now the .40.  I need more frames.   They're a drop in fit,  everything works just fine.  Typical Beretta reliability.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 10:44:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Is it possible to put adjustable sights on those 96G slides? I'm not familiar enough with the Beretta family, but my guess is that those have formed rear sights as part of the slide. Anybody with a 96G able to clarify?
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 10:45:39 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Is it possible to put adjustable sights on those 96G slides? I'm not familiar enough with the Beretta family, but my guess is that those have formed rear sights as part of the slide. Anybody with a 96G able to clarify?

I believe the G's have dovetail front and rear.  You should be able to have a rear adjustable installed with little problem.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 11:06:30 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I believe the G's have dovetail front and rear.  You should be able to have a rear adjustable installed with little problem.

Thanks. Might be time to start looking for a decent 92 frame...
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 11:11:55 AM EDT
[#25]
I hate the trigger pull. Lots of slack, then heavy pull. Takes a bit of practice, but i do good with it now.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 11:16:16 AM EDT
[#26]
All pistols are crap and your hand is not the right size for any of them.
All of their sights suck and they'll jam if someone sneezes
in combat. I have 37 pistols and I use them all for hammers.
I'd rather walk into a hot zone with a boomerang than a pistol.
All of you guys that like pistols are stupid heads that suck

In answer to your question, yes it will fit.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 11:18:14 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I hate the trigger pull. Lots of slack, then heavy pull. Takes a bit of practice, but i do good with it now.

Solution = Ernie Langdon.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 11:19:23 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
[

+1
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 11:53:20 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yea? have you had any work done by him?
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 11:58:59 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yea? have you had any work done by him?

Yes.  The genesis of this thread was that motown_steve traded with me for a standard 92FS lower with 92G Elite II upper.  The reason I kept the 92G lower was because it has a Langdon trigger job and speed bump trigger.  I previously sold off two 92FS's because I also hated the triggers.  This one, is VERY, VERY sweet......

I need all the help I can get when it comes to pistols and this trigger is very smooth, breaks clean and has a fairly quick reset in the 92FS realm.

I rate his trigger work highly on the must-have-mods to a 92FS list.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 12:27:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Vertecs and Brigs (Elites have heavier & wider Brigadier slides) have dovetailed front sights (Elites have Brigadier slides) regardless of being G or FS.  A 'G ' model is only different internally within the slide from an FS.  Langdon is the man.  He's forgotten more about pistol shooting than 99.9% of us will ever know.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:13:37 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Vertecs and Brigs (Elites have heavier & wider Brigadier slides) have dovetailed front sights (Elites have Brigadier slides) regardless of being G or FS.  A 'G ' model is only different internally within the slide from an FS.  Langdon is the man.  He's forgotten more about pistol shooting than 99.9% of us will ever know.

My Beretta 92FS had an Ernest Langdon Level II Competition trigger job that was very good.  gotm4 improved on it with a little extra polishing on some parts that Ernie Langdon doesn't touch and a different hammer spring(lucky me).  It has a 7 lb. double action and a 3 1/4 lb. single action pull.  My Beretta 92G Vertec has a gotm4 competition trigger job, which is 6 1/2 lb DA and 3 lb. SA trigger pull.  

Both of them are great pistols, very accurate.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:16:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:20:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Beretta M9 is the worst combat pistol?

Maybe you should check out the 1930's Berettas. Now those were crap.

I don't have a Beretta(yet) but I shoot them very well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top