Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2005 4:20:21 AM EDT
Hi guys. I finished building my ar. standard a2 gov. profile, chomelined barreled upper. I sighted it in at 25 meters with the mil spec target. two clicks to the left, 1 click down for the front and it was dead on. anyway, we had a bunch of old cd's laying around and was using them for targets. the wind blew one of them over and the edge was facing me. My friend got up to see if it was there and I said leave it. He said "aint no way you can hit that, you cant even see it". completely shattered it the first shot. needless to say, I packed up and didnt shoot anymore that day.

not too bad for a first build.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 4:24:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Run a 10 round group and then we'll see.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 4:24:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice to hear you are using the irons....too many first time shooters go straight to optics.
Post some pics if you can, and sounds like some good shootin' !

Now move those CD's out past 100 yards...then 150....then 200.....and so on
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 4:29:45 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Run a 10 round group and then we'll see.  

Quoted: Nice to hear you are using the irons....too many first time shooters go straight to optics.
Post some pics if you can, and sounds like some good shootin' !

Now move those CD's out past 100 yards...then 150....then 200.....and so on

+1
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 4:58:50 AM EDT
[#4]
If you will sight black your front sight and take a pen knife and put a hairline bright scratch on the center of the front sight post you can use that as a fine tune impact guide. If you are great you can shoot beer cans off a fence at 100+ yards. At 200 I was hitting skeet.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 1:42:10 PM EDT
[#5]
yea i know about shooting the cds at 100+ and 10 shot groups. I was just bragging about the cd on edge the first shot with irons.

just thought i would say that there is another ar shooter out there.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 1:44:25 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
completely shattered it the first shot. needless to say, I packed up and didnt shoot anymore that day.

If you hadn't shattered it, you could always have claimed that you shot THROUGH the hole in the center of the CD, an even harder shot.  

ETA - never mind, I missed the "on edge" part.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top